InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Road Less Traveled ❯ Guilty Hanyou ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Guilty HanyouRating: PG-13Genre: ComedyPairings or Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Mrs. HigurashiWarnings: Colorful LanguageSummary: Don’t leave Inuyasha alone in your room.

A soft breeze blows the curtains gently as a flash of red and silver lands silently upon the window sill. Inuyasha breathes in deeply scanning the room with golden eyes. After a quick inspection it is obvious that the room is vacant.
Inuyasha jumps down from the window sill with a small thump. He notices Kagome’s bright yellow backpack careless resting against her desk chair. He approaches it casually bending over to give it a quick sniff for possible food stuffs. Much to his disappointment the bag is empty except for Kagome’s school things.
Grudgingly he rises to stand, in his haste he doesn’t notice the desk lamp that has been turned towards the center of the room. The delicate metal lamp makes contact with Inuyasha’s dog like ear, making a soft pinging noise upon contact. Inuyasha jumps back from the lamp with surprise, knocking the lamp over in the process. The lamp clatters on the hard wood desk, as it falls over. While Inuyasha backs up snarling at the unassuming lamp.
“Stupid, Fucking, Lamp” he snarls with embarrassment. He grabs the lamp throwing it down to the ground with a crash, before realizing his error.

Down stairs Kagome and her mother stop and listen as a loud crash is followed by a stream of curses from the newly arrived Hanyou.
“I better go see what’s wrong.” Kagome sighs.
“All right dear.” Her mother replies before turning back to her dishes.
Kagome mounts the stairs slowly, hoping not to alert the enraged Hanyou, who from the sound of it is currently tearing apart her room. Once she reaches the top of the stairs Kagome notices her bedroom door is slightly ajar. She approaches cautiously, the door creaks as she opens it to reveal the destruction of her room. Her bedding has been upturned, papers scattered everywhere and at the open window Inuyasha is attempting to escape.
“SIT BOY” She shouts, sending Inuyasha careening into the floor of her bedroom.
Slowly Inuyasha rises from his face plant. He keeps his back to her, sitting cross legged on the floor. Kagome is surprised. Instead of his usual shout of obscenities at being ‘sat’, he sits quietly. She watches him suspiciously from the door way.
“Inuyasha what did you do to my room?” Kagome says in a deadly tone.
The guilty Hanyou shuffles to his feet, slowly turning to face Kagome his hands folded behind his back, his dog like ears flat against his skull, his eyes hidden behind his bangs.
“What is it Inuyasha?” Kagome says crumbling beneath his puppy dog look.
Inuyasha holds his hands out guiltily, what used to be a table lamp rest on his upturned palms, in a twisted version of a bow.
“Oh Inuyasha,” Kagome says amusedly, “That was my favorite Lamp.”