InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Road Less Traveled ❯ The Meaning ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The Meaning
Author: Nicluv1787Rating: K
Prompt: SpiritPairings or Characters: KikyoWord count: 250
Summary: Kikyo is given glimpses into the lives of the souls she collects.

The trees rustled gently, as a serpentine creature glided through the branches, an iridescence globe clutched carefully in its delicate extremities. The light danced off its pale skin as it twisted in a delicate pattern approaching its mistress with the precious cargo.

Kikyo rested in the crook of a tree, her ebony hair cascades down her shoulders. She opened a dark eye to regard the soul collector as it swooped in with its delivery.

The spirit fights the confines of her artificial body upon entry, using her spiritual power Kikyo subdued the angry spirit, once quieted the spirit allowed her glimpses into the life it once supported.

She sees visions of a young girl sitting patiently while her elder sister braids her hair. Years later, the same girl picks flowers a certain person on her mind. Time passes, the young girl has become a woman she wears a fine silk kimono and marries a handsome young man. Happiness blurs into sadness as her final moments play in painful clarity screams of pain pierce the night as she delivers a life unto the world losing her own in the process.

The vision ends and Kikyo regains herself, she had seen many things taking in the souls of young women, death, sorrow, war, and joy.

Funny, that the souls of normal women would be the fuel to keeping her body moving. When in life, all she had wished for was to be a normal woman. This must be the meaning of irony.