InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Road Less Traveled ❯ Final Good Bye ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Final Goodbye
Author: Nicluv1787Rating: K
Prompt: Shrine.Characters: Kaede Word count: 237
Summary: Keade’s thoughts initial thoughts after her sister’s final goodbye.

A single stream of tears ran down her cheek from her single eye, as the light that was her sister disappeared into the night sky. She stood frozen in place for a moment longer before she realized she been crying. In all the years she had lived, through all the wars and famine and death she’d witnessed, she’d never been moved to tears. No one could make her cry like Kikyo could.

She’d schooled herself to believe that she was stronger than that, she was a Miko. She’d consciously and unconsciously shaped herself to be more like Kikyo. She’d become a Miko just like Kikyo had wanted, living a life as a reflection of her sisters own life that was cut tragically short.

When Kikyo’s grave site was defiled and she was born again in a body of clay, she’d convinced herself that this person wasn’t her sister, merely a pleasing image in the shape and sound of her sister. But standing here at the foot of the shrine steps crying like that little girl from over fifty years ago, she couldn’t stop the tears from flowing freely.

Maybe it was that she’d come to say goodbye and apologize or maybe it was the realization that, no matter how much she denied it, that was her sister Kikyo. Still, Kaede never would have thought that Kikyo’s second death would have been as painful as the first.