InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Shark Club ❯ Painful Pasts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Shark Club

By Skiddy16

Hi again. I'm sorry I didn't update sooner but hey my life is busy okay so yah.

I'm pissed at my friggen comp….seriously I had like 2 pages written already and the comp goes and deletes them. Pisses me off &%^$%#()^………sorry.

I really like this chap (though it wasn't the nicest thing to write). Here we really get to meet the girls and find out about their pasts.

No Reviews ppl. I'm hurt.

Disclaimer: I absolutely hate these things but I'm only saying this so none of you get suspicious about me owning anything. So I don't own Inuyasha.

Okay Here we go.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome turned again in her sleep, gripping onto her pillow ever so hard. Oh, she knew what was going to come next and she hated them. The memories; always haunting her every step. Always in her dreams, she was conscious but she knew she couldn't escape; she had been trying for four years. She felt tears start to roll down her cheek as she saw the memories start again.

(FLASHBACK)

A sixteen year old Kagome was sitting in her favorite chair, reading a book. She snuggled up again into the back of the chair as she fell deeper into the story. She loved that story. All about adventure, passion, hurt and love. She shut her eyes and sighed. She always wanted to get out of her life and find that adventure but she knew that her family needed her. She looked at her mother, who was sitting on the couch knitting a sweater while her brother, Souta, was sitting, his homework spread out on the floor. She smiled as her Grandpa came in shortly followed by her fat cat, Buyo. Kagome loved her family and could wait a couple years until she graduated for her to find the excitement she wanted.

Kagome got up and bade her family good night as she headed up the stairs towards her room. She walked out to her balcony and leaned on the railing, staring at the clear night sky. 'I wonder?' she thought as she gazed up at her favorite star, Polaris 'Will I ever find love?' she shook her head again, smiling as she turned down. Her smile faded from her face. Someone was walking towards her house, in a long trench coat with a hood. The person was walking towards the door. Kagome stared at him confusedly then shook her head again. 'You're so paranoid, Kag.' she thought as she walked back into her room.

She started changing into her p.j.'s when she heard yelling come from the downstairs. She jumped up and looked towards the door, still in shock. She heard even more yelling ensue as her mind had gone blank when she heard her brother scream and a gun shot resound through the night air. She opened her mouth as she heard two more gun shots. Kagome started shaking as she slowly got up and made her way to the door. She started walking then moved faster, until she was sprinting fully down the stairs. The moment she made it down the stairs, she gripped the stair rail her mouth open ready to scream. Three bodies littered the floor.

Her Mother was in front of the door still gripping the door knob, with a gunshot to her head and stomach. Her brother was still on the floor, his homework covered in blood and her grandpa had his head on the table, blood spilling from it. She stared in horror as the man came back through the door with a gun in his hands. She gazed as he looked up at her and his eyes blood-red eyes stared back. After that all she remembered was the floor rising up to meet her…….

'Kagome! Kagome!' she heard a voice scream. She slowly opened her eyes. 'Please let it be a dream. Not Souta, not mama, not grandpa.' She saw two heads leaning over hers. She blinked twice. The two faces looked relieved as she slowly sat up. She was in a hospital. She looked at the faces again. Oh, her friends, Ari and Ada were staring at her. 'Oh my god Kag, we're so sorry.' they said, slowly. 'Why?' she said, her mouth feeling numb as her whole body froze. 'Your family. They were all shot.' they said as they looked at her with sympathy. Kagome's eyes widened. 'No' her mind was screaming 'No, no, no, no!' She started rocking back and forth, images of her family's dead bodies dancing in her head.

She started screaming as she saw those red eyes again, walking into her hospital room. She screamed and screamed until the doctors had to drug her into quiet. When she'd finally quieted down they started to tell her about what happened. But she knew, those images would haunt her for the rest of her life. Those crimson eyes watched her throughout the whole explanation. 'Do you have any idea who did this?' a detective who had walked in earlier asked her. She looked up, her eyes full of tears. 'Him.' she pointed at the man.

'No, dear' the man said in a cold, dark voice 'no, I'm your Uncle Naraku. I found your family.' 'NO!' Kagome screamed, 'He shot them! I saw it!' She felt all the eyes on her, shooting her looks of pity. 'No, Mr. Naraku found your family dead already. Treat him with respect or he might take back his offer to take you into his home' the detective said in a firm voice.

After she was allowed to leave the hospital, she went with her uncle. They moved out towards his car, until he turned on her, slapping her across the face 'Bitch!' he said in a quiet voice. She felt her cheek, still stinging from the force of the blow. He continued walking to the car. Kagome looked up and stared hard and the back of his head, praying that he would just burst into flames. She stared at him with hate as she thought 'You killed my family and I'll kill you.'

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Kagome sat up, on her bed. She still remembered the events of those two days as if they were yesterday. It was true she absolutely hated Naraku. She had to endure three years of abuse until he learned she could sing and he started making her sing in his different clubs around Tokyo to in his exact words 'introduce your lovely face to the eligible bachelors of Tokyo'. She hated it but she loved to sing. She lay back down staring at the ceiling. She made a note to tell Sango and Rin about her dream the next day.

The Next Day

Kagome walked through Naraku's massive house. Well, if you could call it a house. It was the size of three city blocks with almost 30 rooms. Kagome was lucky though, she was right next to her friends, actually her only friends. Sango and Rin; her lifelines, the only thing keeping her sane. Well, that and her music. She shook her head, almost smiling; she never smiled near Naraku, only when she was forced to.

Kagome walked into the dining hall where her two friends were eating. They looked up as she walked in. 'Shit Kag, you look like hell!' Sango said, noticing the dark circles under her eyes 'Another one of those nights, eh?' Kagome smiled. Her friends knew everything about her, every bad incident, every nightmare; these two girls were her surrogate family. 'Yah,' Kagome said, reluctantly. Rin and Sango looked at her with sympathetic eyes.

'Kagome, did anything different happen?' Rin said her eyes wide. Kagome shook her head. All three girls sighed; they all had bad pasts that were going to haunt them for the rest of their lives, and probably why they were drawn to each other.

Sango stared at Kagome as her eyes started to well with tears. She knew Kagome was in pain and had no family. Sango hated seeing her friends in pain, but she saw it a lot and she felt it almost every minute of the day. At least Sango had a family…somewhere.

(FLASHBACK Sango's Past)

She stared at the scene she saw unfold in front of her, her father pinned to the wall by a man in a trench coat. The man demanding for some kind of payment, unknown to her. Even being eighteen, she was clueless to the whole situation.

Sango never wondered why her father had started leaving the house at all hours of the night. 'It's an emergency.' he had told her on one occasion. She let it be though. Being a single parent, her father had to care for her and her brother, who incidentally was going through a kidney transplant. Sango tried lessening the burden on her father but she still always was wondering where he went. And she had to go and follow him that night. Her curiosity had to break on that night and she had to steal after he father down a dark alley, and see him get assaulted.

'Give me the money, man, or I'll cut your face up. What will ya tell your kids after that?' the man said, pulling a knife out of his pocket. Her father winced 'No. I'll have your money…just give me more time.' 'You've had enough time.' the man said 'Either pay now or die.' Sango couldn't take it. 'No!' she screamed, flinging herself across to her father.

'No.' she repeated, panting as the man stared at her. He started smirking. 'This your daughter?' the man asked, the question directed to her father. Her father, his eyes wide with shock, nodded. 'Well, I'm willing to make a deal.' the man said, putting away his knife 'Give me your daughter and I'll cancel the debt.'

'No.' her father said, firmly. Sango turned to stare at him. 'Well, then if you don't have the money….then I have to kill you.' the man said, reaching into his pocket again. 'No!' Sango screamed again, 'No, I'll do it take me instead.' She could hear her father start to yell but her whole attention was focused on the man in front of her.

The man smirked again. 'Good. One of you came to your senses' he said, as she felt darkness overtake her from, the last thing lingering in her ling of vision, two crimson eyes.

Sango woke up in a bed, rather comfy actually but she didn't notice. Where was her father? The alley? The Man? She quickly got up, only to fall to the floor again. 'Ah. So you're awake.' she heard the cold voice say. She pulled herself back into the bed, turning to see the man. 'When are you going to let me go?' was the only thing she could say, although curses and threats were being formed in her head.

The man snickered, shaking his head. 'So naïve, funny actually. Frankly, I've decided that you're too pretty a girl to let go, so you're going to stay here.' the man said, mockingly. Sango's eyes widened as she started to freak out. 'Oh my God.' she thought over and over again. He continued talking 'You will address me as Naraku and don't ever think of escape because your attempt will be futile.' He turned and said 'You are never going to see your family again' and with that last statement, he turned and walked out of the room.

Sango felt tears start to role down her face. All she could think of were his last words. Never again. She couldn't bare it.

The girl watched from across the room. She stared at her in sympathy. She knew what it was like to be wrenched from her family, by Naraku no less (Can you guess who she is? ^.^). She slowly got up and walked over to the crying girl's bed. She started rubbing the girls shoulder, making soothing noises that started to calm the girl down. 'Hey calm down, hun. I'm Kagome and you're going to be okay.'

From that instant, the two girls were inseparable, feeling each others pain and anguish.

(End of Flashback.)

Sango let out a breath, giving herself a reprieve from those terrible memories. True to Naraku's word, she never did see her family. It almost killed her to not see her family but Kagome was a big help to her, both of them being the same age.

Sango looked at Kagome who had started to calm down. She also had nightmares but they never affected her like they did Kagome. The two girls had been in shock for weeks after they had been taken there.

Rin saw. She saw her friends go through the emotional highs and lows. Being the youngest of the three, she reacted to the memories in totally different ways. She bottled them in. She had never told a word of her upbringing and she had never told either of them about her past and she hoped she never would have to.

(Flashback of Rin's Past. HEHEHE!We get to know but Kag and Sango are still in the dark. This is gonna be in Rin POV)

'I just don't think we're right for each other. You're too young.' he said, slowly ripping my heart apart. 'What are you talking about?' I said, whispering, tears running down my face 'We are perfect for each other. You said you loved me.' 'Only, because you said it.' he said back to me 'I can't take this kind of commitment. It's interfering in my dancing.'

I felt lost. I mean this was the first time anyone had broken up with me. Come to think of it, this was my first ever boyfriend. I loved Hiten. Truly loved him and he didn't even care. I could almost hear my heart splitting into a million pieces. My times with Hiten were some of the best times of my life. We spent time at the beach and we danced together. We had met in the same dance class and I fell in love with him. I remember seeing him move, so perfectly. I was never the best dancer and the teacher thought I would get better if I was paired with Hiten and she decided that we were to be partnered and we just hit it off. And man was that dance instructor right. I became an incredible dancer. He acted so sweet and kind and I was really expecting him to pop the question that night when he asked me to meet him at the beach. Our haven, until that night.

'Listen Rin, I mean you're a really special girl but you're not the girl for me.' he said, getting up, dusting off the sand from his pants. He was just gonna leave me like that, without a proper explanation and leaving me in tears. I saw him walk off then call a girl over to him and start frenching her. I was in a terrible amount of emotional pain. I couldn't feel anything. I only remembered getting up and running. I ran so far, past my car and to the very extent of the beach. I ran until I just collapsed. It was now almost eleven o'clock and I could see the city lights blinking at me. I cried myself out and sat on a bench. The only thing I could think of was why Hiten had broken up with me. Was it because I was a couple years younger than him? Okay he was nineteen and I was seventeen, so what only two years, probably too much for him. I wasn't that bad looking either. I knew that, I had guys hanging over my shoulder all the time but Hiten was my first real love. I kept pondering ideas on why he would leave me when I felt someone draw near.

'It's because you don't dance as well as him.' a voice whispered in my ear. I stared at the ground, feeling someone breathing on my neck. I felt apprehensive not scared in the least. 'Because you can't do anything properly while dancing with him.' the person said, starting to circle on me. I only saw some crimson eyes circling me. 'You know it's true. If you could dance better he would come back to you.' he said. He continued to circle me, taunting me about my dancing and how stupid I was losing Jordan just because I couldn't dance hat well. 'I can teach you.' he said, finally stopping in front of me. I looked up at him, studying his face. It was cold and dark with no hint of life but it seemed to be the only face I could trust. Since I'd lost my trust in Jordan, I couldn't tell lies from the truth and I was vulnerable. He put his hand out. 'I can get Hiten back to you.' he said, smirking maliciously 'And he'll never want to leave you again.' I looked at his hand then back at his face. I could only see the truth in his eyes and I took his hand, shaking it slowly.

Now I wish I'd never taken his hand that night. That I'd never met Hiten. Never fallen in love, never had to experience that pain.

I grew to hate two people that night. One was Hiten. Because of him I know knew that love was a lie, something made up to take us away from reality. I loved that feeling but hated the effects that occurred after; being forced back into the harsh reality. I vowed never to love again because of him. Second I hated Naraku. He convinced me of his lies and took advantage of me while I was vulnerable, making me believe that I was worthless. My self-esteem level never came back and I was silent for almost a year after I started living in Naraku's mansion. After that, I kept my emotions guarded, knowing that if I did, I couldn't get hurt again. I didn't ever want to be hurt. Never again.

(End of flashback.)

Rin felt the tears well up in her eyes. She shut her eyes tight, trying to overwhelm the tears that threatened to come out. She never cried. She never expressed any emotion except for when she had to and when she was with her friends. Her friends were the only people who knew the real her. The only way she could express her emotion without people really knowing how she felt was through song writing. The only thing she did for the first few months of her stay there was write song lyrics. So Demo Drive had an unlimited amount of angsty songs but they never really played them in respect fro Rin.

Rin looked at her two friends, a painful smile on her face. C'mon you guys, lets head to the club.' she said, getting up grabbing her two friends, linking arms together as they headed into another day together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

OMG that took me forever to write.It was like…..holy crap 10 friggen pages(this is a lot for me). I mean I wrote the flashbacks then went back and totally changed em all. That was really tiring! Took me like seven full hours to write. Damn, well that's being a noobie for ya. It was all worth it in the end.

Guys the plot bunnies are cuming back to me and I've changed my OC character to Hiten from the Thunder Brothers. Sorry fro the inconvenience.

Thanx for waiting so long.

R&R

§κΪ₫₫¥