InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Return to the Sakuras ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 12- Return to the Sakuras
Koga ran up to Kagome and started giving Inuyasha the death glare.
Koga-Have you been taking good care of my woman?
Kayoko-YOUR WOMAN! Excuse me, but I believe Kagome has a say in whether or not she's your woman, and well I don't think it's gonna happen.
Koga-How dare y… you have a familiar scent. Have I met you before?
Kayoko-You're Koga, right?
Koga-Yeah.
Kayoko-Leader of the wolf demon tribe, who used to have three jewels shards and now only has one in each leg?
Koga-Yeah (now anticipating whether or not she knew him).
Kayoko-Nope, never heard of you before, let alone met you.
Koga-Then how'd you know all those things about me.
Kayoko-Telepathy (pointing to her head)
Koga-But you smell like…. like…um… like…A WOLF!
Everyone mentally gasped.
Kayoko-What, that's preposterous.
Inuyasha-No I smell it too.
Everyone tried to sniff the air, even Kagome, but only Inuyasha, Koga and Shippo could sense that Kayoko's scent was similar to that of Koga's. The sun started to set and the moon shone brightly on them all. But just as the sun was below the hills on the horizon, a cold, strong wind swept over them from the direction of the moon. The wind reached Kayoko and blew her hair from her face, as her beautiful amber hair turned bright red, her ears into an elfish form (like Koga's), her elegant fingernails became sharpened claws, and her mortal eyes turned to pointed sapphire pupils.
Inuyasha-Kayoko…
Kayoko opened her eyes, and they showed their usual color a tranquil green full of peace and harmony only now they resembled Koga's. She opened her moth to speak.
Kayoko-This is what I really am.
Koga-I KNEW IT!
Everyone else (except Kayoko and Koga)-WHAT!!??
Kayoko-That I'm a Red Wolf Demon, not just a dog demon with super natural powers. Now excuse me, I need to think with my thoughts, alone.
As Kayoko walked away from where the crowd had been standing, she made her way to a clearing in the trees. The gang watched until Kayoko was completely out of sight.
Shippo-Where is she going?
Miroku-Where do you think she's going?
Shippo-I don't know, do you?
Miroku- (Looking surprised and shameful) No.
Inuyasha left the crowd without a single word, and followed Kayoko's path into the trees.
Kagome-Where's Inuyasha going?
Koga-No doubt to follow that girl.
Kagome-Hey Koga…
Koga-Yeah Kagome?
Kagome-What's a Red Wolf Demon?
Koga-Basically a wolf demon, but when they turn into demon form, they look… well, like regular wolf demons, with pointed ears and but with red hair and extended claws, but have enormous strength, speed and other powers, and that girl's got even more power than just a regular red wolf demon would have.
Kagome-Oh, so that means that Kayoko's extra powerful?
**^-^**
Kayoko's POV
 
I was back in the Sakura garden 58 years earlier, I had just said goodbye to Inuyasha, and I knew that he was too stunned to say anything right now, and saw it as my chance to leave him. I could feel it even then, my eyes were starting to turn red and back every few seconds, even right after I had turned around, I couldn't look back at him, or he would've known…what I am and what terrible things I done.
 
Inuyasha's POV
 
I walked into the forest, following her sweet scent of Jasmine, which hadn't changed in over 60 years. I knew where she was going, the old Sakura garden. That's where she always went to think, even so long ago. She had finally reached the clearing and I knew that I now wasn't too far behind. I finally saw the clearing of trees and the bench where we had said goodbye so long ago. Her back was facing, but then she slowly turned around and looked at me, to reveal that she was crying. As her eyes filled up with sadness once again, I was no longer mad at her. Just wondered what I had just witnessed. I had never seen Kayoko cry, not even when she left me, I had assumed that she was like me, trying to hold in all of her emotions in an attempt to seem tougher. I then knew that she had realized that holding it in never helps her, that it only causes her to make the wrong choices.
I couldn't bear to see her pain anymore, but luckily neither could she. Kayoko knew that letting me see her like this was only hurting me inside, she was right. I could feel my heart rip a little each time as the last tear from her eyes fell onto the soft grass. She turned back to the sight of the trees on the other side of the meadow. I cautiously walked up to her, sensing that there was something more about why she left, something she either couldn't tell me or just wouldn't