InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ Her Demon Nature ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 13-Her Demon Nature
Kagome-Where could those two have gone?
Koga-Humph, just like that mutt-face to leave you unattended and in possible danger.
Miroku-They probably need time to talk about their pasts. They haven't seen each other in over 58 years. Not to mention that when Inuyasha was sealed to the tree, Kayoko probably couldn't have read his mind and was worried sick.
Shippo-But if she couldn't read his mind, why didn't she go to visit him in the forest?
Sango-She was probably helping some other hanyous elsewhere, and couldn't just leave them at the moment, I hope.
**^0^**
Kayoko POV
 
I couldn't tell him, I wouldn't. No, I had to tell him, I didn't want to hurt him anymore, it must've ripped his heart in half when I left. I had to tell him.
Kayoko-Inuyasha…
Inuyasha-Yeah?
Kayoko-You're right there is something more to when I left.
I could feel my forehead pounding; no it couldn't be happening not now, especially not in demon form. I couldn't help it though; I could feel my eyes changing, from a beautiful emerald to a raging red. I screamed out in pain, frustration and pity on Inuyasha.
Kayoko-LEAVE!
I screamed at the top of my lungs, but careful not to turn around, especially not now.
**0 0**
O
Inuyasha POV
 
I thought we were really connecting again, but before I knew what was going on, she was yelling and screaming at me to get lost, I didn't know what was happening to her. She seemed to be in real pain and to be angry…with me.
Normal POV
 
Kayoko-LEAVE INUYASHA, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inuyasha-No, Kayoko. Not until you tell me what's going on with you.
Kayoko turned around revealing the color of her eyes, they had changed even from their emerald color, to an engulfing pupil of black darkness surrounded by a piercing red. Inuyasha saw that her hair had gone from a soothing red, to a suffocating ash black, and on her forehead was a now black diamond like those that made up the star on her necklace on this seemed to be giving off an evil black essence. Her teeth were grinding fangs (that I failed to mention she had when she was a wolf but now they're really sharp). She was in a fury of anger and headed straight for Inuyasha.
Inuyasha-Kayoko, what's happened to you?
Kayoko paused for a minute, and then replied.
Kayoko-What, am I scaring you Inuyasha, a little afraid are you going to be selfish and say that I can't take your life!
Inuyasha-Kayoko, that's not what I'm saying, and you know it!
Kayoko-Then what are you saying?!
Inuyasha-That I turn full demon too sometimes. But I can usually keep it under control and I know you can too!
Kayoko once again paused, fell down at her knees and then started screaming at herself and her black diamond star began to glow as well as the diamond in her forehead as she was lifted into the sky still holding her head and yelling at herself.
Finally she screamed at the top of her lungs and said… NIANNA HAVE MERCY ON ME! Just at that moment the sun rose up and a blinding glare came from Kayoko's necklace and Inuyasha had to look away. As soon as his eyes came back to Kayoko she was sprawled out on the ground… and she wasn't breathing.