InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Soul of a Hanyou ❯ School? ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 19-School?
Kayoko hit the dirt at the bottom of the well, and felt nothing. She was about to call out to her friends, when an illuminated purple wind overcame her. She was transported to a place where there seemed to be nothing around her, nothing but a deep blackness dotted with some purple mist, but nothing more. Finally, she was transported back to the bottom of the well only to feel complete disappointment. She started to climb up the ladder and call Inuyasha and Shippo, When she noticed, that she was in a tiny room instead of outside in the beautiful scenery. Was this Kagome's future? Already from the little window on the door up the steps that were in front of her, she could see marvelous buildings. Such a landscape intrigued Kayoko's mind, but Inuyasha and Kagome finally arrived through the well together and called Kayoko before she could open the door.
Inuyasha-Glad to see that you made it Kayoko.
Kayoko-Yeah, (turning her head, not really interested) so Kagome where's this school of yours.
Kagome-Well it's about five blocks away, but it doesn't start until morning. Hey, why don't I give you my extra uniform, and you can come with me to school tomorrow to meet Akeela? I don't really know what you expect to tell her, so you wanna come?
Kagome was hoping that this could make the two of them be friends, then she wouldn't feel such contention for Kayoko, hopefully.
Kayoko-Really? Thanks Kagome, but you may need to tell me how this school of yours works.
Kagome-Uh, well…actually you know what, just let me do the talking. If anyone asks you a question, I'll answer it for you, or just don't say anything about the past okay?
Kayoko-Got it!
Kagome and Kayoko walked into the school so very casually, but Kayoko could tell that everyone was staring at her, and she thought that well who could blame `em. The two proceeded to Kagome's first class of the day, where Hojo was sitting by Kagome's desk very quietly and timidly, when the two girls walked in. Hojo's face lit up when he saw Kagome.
Hojo-Kagome! So, happy to see that you're feeling better and back in class.
Kayoko-You were sick?
Kagome sweat drops, laughing sarcastically.
Kagome-Yeah, you know that before you came to my house, I was feeling just horrible.
Kayoko-Oh, yeah I remember now.
Hojo-And so nice to see that you got a new haircut Akeela.
Akeela-I didn't get a new haircut Hojo.
Akeela had walked over to the group while they were talking. Kagome had a shocked expression and hurriedly thought up something to say to Hojo.
Kagome-Oh yeah Hojo, this is Akeela's cousin. (Kagome winked at Akeela)
Kayoko-Yeah, I'm her cousin, Kayoko. Nice to meet you Hojo.
Hojo-Nice to meet you.
Hojo left the three girls to converse over what had just happened.
Akeela-I don't have any cousins. Both of my parents are only children.
Kayoko-Duh, I know that already.
Akeela-How do you know that about me?
Kagome-No time to explain Akeela, class is starting. But meet me at my house after school, and I'll explain everything.
Akeela took her seat in class, wondering why Kayoko looked like her. So much like her, that their teacher thought that Kayoko was Akeela, and called on her several times without noticing. `I guess I'll just have to go to Kagome's to find out more about this Kayoko' thought Akeela.
**^-^**
Back at Kagome's house, Inuyasha was lounging about the house, thinking about what had almost happened in the Sakura garden with Kayoko. `What had happened to me? Why did I feel so compelled to kiss her? Why didn't I think of Kagome' thought Inuyasha. He looked about her room, filling his nose with her scent of lavenders. `Kagome…what's happening to us? Why don't I feel like I really know you since Kayoko came back?' Inuyasha pounded his fist on her desk once, and then slumped over in her chair.
Kagome's grandpa-Hey! I think Kagome would appreciate it very much if you weren't breaking her furniture!
Inuyasga-Soorrrryyyy!
Kag's Grandpa-You should be!
Inuyasha got up and walked over to Kagome' s bed, and collapsed in it.
Kag's Grandpa-Hey, what did I just say!!??
Inuyasha just groaned and pulled Kagome's pillow over his head, and once again took in her scent, but immediately his thoughts turned to Kayoko.
Kagome shouted something from downstairs and Inuyasha couldn't understand with the pillow on his head. Quickly, he rushed downstairs to meet the girls in Kagome's school uniform. Inuyasha didn't get to see Kayoko in it earlier, since he was still asleep in the morning. He thought that she looked like Kagome, but something about her made her seem…sweeter.
Kagome-So how was your day Inuyasha?
Kag's Grandpa-He was breaking furniture in your room.
Inuyasha sweat drop.
Inuyasha-Was not, just taking a rest and looking around your room!
Kayoko giggled at Inuyasha's expression, he noticed and quickly blushed a bright red before turning to the kitchen.