InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Student and the Teacher ❯ The Bite ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't Inuyasha, but I wish I did.*

The Student and the Teacher

Chapter 4- The Bite

Inuyasha made his way up the shrine steps. He had waited a few minutes after Kagome left before following her. He stepped up the last three steps and looked over the shrine. There was a dojo to the right and in front of him was a small shrine used for meditation and prayer. To the left was a small forest area. There were strange lights emitting from the forest. Inuyasha got curious so of course he went to check it out. Inuyasha followed the light to the source. He heard a twang of a string and then a clunk followed by a hissing noise. He made his way quietly over to a clearing. He stayed hidden and peered through a bush. He saw Kagome in her priestess attire and had a bow in her hand and a quiver of arrows on her back. Inuyasha watched as she pulled an arrow from the quiver and expertly notched it in the bow and took aim. She was aiming at a tree that already had a few arrows in it. She then let the arrow fly. As it flew through the air it was surrounded by a pink light, or miko energy, then it struck the tree and made a hissing noise as smoke arose from the arrow.

"Kagome. Child it is meditation time." Kaede said as she walked into the clearing. Kagome nodded and headed toward the little shrine.

'So she does have power. How interesting. It's very rare to meet a miko with actual spiritual powers these days.' Inuyasha thought he was still concealed within the bush.

Kaede began the task of removing the arrows imbedded in the tree.

"Why don't you come out? I know you are there." Kaede calmly stated as she continued to gather arrows.

Inuyasha was startled. How did she know he was there? 'Oh well, it seems I have been discovered. No point in hiding now.' Inuyasha calmly stood up and walked out into the clearing. Kaede still had her back to him as she tried her hardest to pull the arrows from the tree.

"It has been a while, you old hag." Inuyasha stated with a smirk.

Kaede jumped at the sound of his voice. She slowly turned around to face the man behind her. Her left eye widened in recognition. Her other eye was concealed beneath an eye patch.

"Inuyasha what are you doing here?"

"Glad to see you still remember me. I came to watch Kagome."

"Of course I remember. How could I forget you? You were a very unruly child. Why watch Kagome?"

"True, true. I came to see if Kagome did indeed have power."

Kaede and Inuyasha discussed the past and how Inuyasha knew Kagome.

Kagome continued her meditation. She sat with her legs tucked under her and her hands were resting on her thighs. Her eyes were closed and her face relaxed. Her concentration was soon shattered and she frowned. Her curiosity soon piqued when she heard the voices of Kaede and a young man talking. She stood and quietly walked over to the door. She slid the door open a little and peeked outside. She saw Kaede having a conversation with, Inuyasha?

'Why is Inuyasha here? Why is he talking to Kaede?'

Inuyasha and Kaede were walking out of the forest and into the main shrine grounds talking bout various things. As they stopped in the middle, the shrine door slid open to reveal Kagome. She walked towards them and Kaede turned around.

"Kagome? What are you doing out here? Your meditation time is not over yet." Kagome looked at Inuyasha and then Kaede.

"Gomen Lady Kaede, but my concentration was lost when I heard you two talking." Kagome looked to Inuyasha. "What are you doing here?"

"He came to watch you train. He himself trained here once when he was a young child."

"Really? He trained here?" Kagome asked. "He's not a monk though."

Inuyasha began to get nervous. She was about to discover his secret.

"No, child. Inuyasha came here to train his demon senses and powers."

Inuyasha looked down and got ready for the oncoming questions. None came.

Kagome was shocked. 'Demon? He's a demon? He's concealed himself well, unless he's a hanyou. Yes! That's it he's a hanyou!' Kagome looked at him and smirked. She noticed something move under his bandana on his head. She reached out and pulled it off.

Inuyasha was about to raise his head when his bandana was pulled off. His head quickly shot up.

Kagome studied him and saw two cute, little doggie ears perched a top his head. She smiled.

"Awwwwe! How cute!" She squealed and reached up to pet them. She rubbed his ears gently.

Inuyasha was shocked that wasn't the reaction he had been expecting.

'Mmmm. That feels good.' Inuyasha quickly snapped out of it and pulled her hands away from his head.

"Stop that!"

"I can't help it. They are so Kawaii!"

"Kagome you still have to finish training." Kagome nodded.

"I am going now. See you Monday." Inuyasha turned around and walked down the shine steps headed home. Kagome watched him leave.

"Kagome. Get back to training." Kagome snapped out of it and headed back to finish up.

Inuyasha walked down the street. The sun was setting, contrasting the sky in orange. Shadows were more prominent now and night would fall in just an hour or so. Inuyasha thought over everything that happened.

'Maybe I should test her powers.' Inuyasha smiled at that thought. It sounded fun. Inuyasha's ear snapped to the side where he heard the shuffle of fabric. Inuyasha glanced over, but only saw a shadow. He shrugged it off and continued on his way. A figure emerged from the shadow and wrapped an arm around Inuyasha's neck and one around his waist pinning his arms at his sides.

"What the-"

"Ssh, quiet! If you make a sound I will kill you. You blood shall be tasty. It isn't very often I taste demon blood." The stranger said in a cold raspy voice. He was shrouded in darkness and couldn't be identified by Inuyasha. Inuyasha struggled to free himself, but found the firm grip prevented him from becoming free.

'Damn it! This guy is strong!'

"That's it struggle all you want it makes your blood pump faster." The guy licked his lips and moved his arm down to reveal Inuyasha's neck. He pulled the hair out of the way and slowly lowered his mouth to Inuyasha's neck. His lips pulled up to reveal two very sharp fangs! He bit down hard on his neck piercing the skin with his fangs. Blood dribbled down Inuyasha's neck in a thin little stream. Inuyasha gasped in shock and then hissed in pain. The guy then began to suck the blood from the wound and drank it. He didn't drink much, but when he had enough he pulled away and whispered in Inuyasha's ear.

"I shall call you when needed. For now you shall rest. We will meet again." The man smirked and then quickly released Inuyasha and then disappeared into the shadows.

Inuyasha stood there shocked. He blinked away the haze that clouded his mind and lifted his hand to his neck. He felt two holes there. He pulled his hand away and saw blood on his fingertips.

"Damn!" Inuyasha felt weak and slowly resumed his walk home so that he could rest.

A/N:

He he he! Cliffy? I think so! Inuyasha was bitten by something! Yeah! I updated! Review and let me know what you think! I will update again soon!