InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Student and the Teacher ❯ Vampire? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own anything important, such as Inuyasha!*

Chapter 5- Vampire?

Inuyasha lay asleep on his bed. He still felt very weak from his encounter with whoever it was earlier. His ears perked up at the sound of the doors to his balcony opening. He opened his eyes and looked around. He was too weak to lift his head or any other part of his body. His vision was blurry and he couldn't make out many details in his room. A shadow fell over him from the left side of his bed. He snapped his attention to the side and saw a dark shrouded figure.

"Hello again." The cold voice greeted. He recognized that voice from earlier.

"What do you want!" He tried to shout, but only came out as a sharp whisper.

The figure chuckled. "I merely came to finish what I started."

"So, you came to kill me?"

"In a sense, yes." He pulled his arm out from under the dark shroud and brought it up to where his mouth was. He bit into his own wrist and Inuyasha saw a small trickle of blood drip down his arm. The man extended his wrist over Inuyasha's face. He brought it close to Inuyasha's mouth.

"Drink, it will return your strength."

Inuyasha eyed him warily. He didn't trust this guy and had seen movies where stuff like this happened. The man apparently didn't like the fact that Inuyasha was basically ignoring him. He shoved his wrist to Inuyasha's mouth and held him down with his other hand. Blood pooled on Inuyasha's mouth. Inuyasha held his mouth shut refusing to open.

"You will drink and you WILL help me take care of that new miko brat!" Inuyasha gasped casing his mouth to open and the blood rushed inside his mouth. He swallowed on instinct. The man laughed.

"Good. Good." He pulled his wrist away and it healed almost instantly. "I will go now, but I will see you again. Rest for now." He then took off back out the balcony doors and shut the on his way out.

Inuyasha's head was pounding and his blood was on fire! He groaned in pain and just lay there with his eyes shut tightly, wishing the pain away. He was taking in short gasps of air and seemed as if he couldn't get enough of it.

'What the hell is going on?! Why do I feel this way?"

His breathing became more erratic as the night went on. His skin became pale. He took a deep breath, but never let it go, for he had fallen into a VERY deep sleep.

Sesshomaru wandered the halls of the mansion. He became curious when he heard his brother groaning. This was none of Sesshomaru's business, but he still wondered what was going on. Sesshomaru dismissed it as Inuyasha playing around with a new girlfriend and continued down the hallway. Little does he know that at that very moment his brother drew a deep breath and fell into a deep sleep. Not to wake until after the next sundown.

Sesshomaru was awoken the next morning by a piercing scream. He shot out of bed and threw his robe on. He quickly exited his room and headed toward the source. A crowd of servants had gathered around his brother's room. Sesshomaru lifted an eyebrow in curiosity. He made his way through the crowd and in to his brother's room. His room was still dark. The drapes had not yet been drawn. He looked over at the bed. On the floor next to it a tray, of what was breakfast, had been smashed. The maid had dropped it when she screamed. He saw the maid in hysterics in the corner of the room. A few other servants were trying to calm her.

"What it going on in here?" Sesshomaru demanded.

"M-M-Master I-I-In-Inu-Inuyasha." The maid stammered and pointed a shaky finger toward the bed. "He-He-He's…-"

"WHAT?!" Sesshomaru grew impatient with this incompetent maid.

The maid cringed and quickly shouted.

"HE'S DEAD!!"

The maid broke out into sobs. The other servants gathered around her to comfort her. Sesshomaru had not been expecting that! He walked over to his brother's bedside. Inuyasha's skin was a ghostly white. Sesshomaru listened carefully. It was very faint, but he could just barely make out extremely slow heartbeat of his brother.

"He's not dead." Sesshomaru calmly stated. "He's in some sort of coma. Leave him be and let him rest." Sesshomaru stated and then walked out of the room to return to his own so he could dress properly and receive his breakfast.

Inuyasha had not moved at all throughout the course of the day. Sesshomaru had a doctor come and examine him. The doctor seemed to go pale. He grew paler throughout his examination. The doctor had only found one flesh wound. Two puncture marks on his neck. He explained all of these things to Sesshomaru.

"So, what are you telling me? He was attacked by a vampire? You don't honestly believe in that stuff do you?"

The doctor was jumpy. He shook his head, yes.

"Yes, yes, I do. I can do nothing for him. If you wish to keep him alive, keep him away from sunlight it will kill him. He will begin to crave blood 3 days after his transformation. After he feeds, it will last him a week. The rest I am sure you know. I will send you the bill." The doctor glanced into the room and then quickly added. "If you will excuse me, I must be going." The doctor all but ran down the hallway and out of the mansion. Sesshomaru watched him leave, quite amused at his hasty actions.

Sesshomaru shrugged and closed the door to Inuyasha's room and walked down the hallway. He stopped a servant as he passed.

"I want you to now take care of Inuyasha. Listen to me carefully. I cannot afford you to mess this up. NEVER open his drapes during the day. Feel free to open them after sundown. Be careful around him though.

"Yes, sir." The servant bowed and continued down the hallway and toward his office.

Later in the evening the sun set over the horizon. The servant, Sesshomaru appointed, headed to Inuyasha's room. He cautiously, and quietly, entered the room. Inuyasha was still in his coma state. The servant made his way to the windows. The servant reached up to pull the drapes open.

Inuyasha's eyes snapped open. His pupils narrowed as they adjusted to the light in the room. He quickly sat up in bed and took a deep breath. The servant jumped when Inuyasha sat up in bed suddenly. Inuyasha was trembling and he covered his face with is hands. The servant took this time to slip out of the room unnoticed. The servant ran straight to Sesshomaru.

"Lord Sesshomaru!!"

"What is it?!" Sesshomaru answered annoyed.

"Lord Inuyasha has awoken."

"Thank you." Sesshomaru headed out of the room to see Inuyasha.

Inuyasha studied his hands. His skin lacked the usual tan color, but instead was deathly pale. He was gasping for air. His body trembled terribly and uncontrollably. He felt weak. If it was one thing Inuyasha hated it was feeling weak. His head shot to the side when he heard the door open and someone enter.

"Glad to see you are awake brother."

"What the hell is going on Sesshomaru?!"

"Were you ever bitten by someone, brother?"

Inuyasha paused to ponder this. Flashes of what happened last night appeared in his mind.

"Yes."

Sesshomaru sighed. "I have some bad news brother." Sesshomaru walked over to stand by Inuyasha's bed. "The man that bit you was a vampire. You will begin to crave blood in 3 days. The blood from one kill will sustain you for 1 week. You also must avoid sunlight, lest you want to die."

Inuyasha stared at Sesshomaru like he was crazy.

"You're not serious! Are you?"

Sesshomaru only stared at his brother.

"Oh my god!" Inuyasha gasped. "This can't be real!"

"Unfortunately for you it is."

"Wait, how do you know all this?"

Sesshomaru sighed once again. He was getting annoyed with is brother.

"I had a doctor come and examine you. He told me all I have told you. I might also suggest canceling that appointment with Miss. Higurashi on Monday."

"Why?" Inuyasha didn't seem to grasp the reason.

"Why, brother? Monday is three days from yesterday, is it not?"

"Inuyasha nodded. He understood now.

"I'll call her later and inform her."

Sesshomaru nodded and left Inuyasha to himself.

Over the weekend Inuyasha tried to come to terms with this. He discovered a few new things about himself. He can move faster, hear better, smell better, and was now stronger than before. Inuyasha liked these changes. He slowly accepted them, but he never accepted the fact that he would have to feed off of humans. He dreaded Monday. Inuyasha found that he did not care for any foods anymore. He occasionally drank water to stay hydrated. He slept during the day and awoke at night. He had called Kagome and told her he would have to change their appointment to later on in the days.

Kagome had asked him the reason why, but all he said to her was he had a daytime job and was busy working. He also told her he would change their lesson Monday to Tuesday. Kagome agreed and didn't ask any more questions.

A/N:

YEAH!! ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! I don't know about you, but I really like this one. Let me know what you think by reviewing please! I am so sorry I took so long with this one. I have been busy at home. So far we missed a week of school do to hurricanes. I live in Brevard County, so those of you who live near me you know what I am talking about. I was going to post it after Charley hit, but then Francis came just days after, so I had to pack up and evacuate. I am still getting everything back to normal. Thankfully we only lost a few shingles and our two trees in the front blew over. Nothing really bad happened to my house! I am so glad. Well, I am going to work on the next chapter soon, but I can't promise anything quick. Ivan is still out there and I return to school tomorrow. I will do my best to get a few more chapters out as soon as I can! I hoped you liked this longer than usual chappy! Review please!