InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Student and the Teacher ❯ Mysterious Savior pt.1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or anything for that matter!

Chapter 6- Mysterious Savior

~~~*Tuesday Night*~~~

Kagome sat at her desk finishing off her essay. She looked out the window and watched

the last rays of the sun disappear.

"I'll have to leave soon." She mumbled to herself and got up to change into her workout outfit. She walked down the stairs shortly after. Her mom was sitting at the kitchen table balancing her checkbook.

"Mom, I have to go to Inuyasha's now." Her mom looked up.

"Alright, but I can't leave."

"Why not?"

"I can't leave until your brother gets back. He went with his friend Keiji to soccer practice and will be home soon.

Kagome sighed and nodded. "So, I walk?" Her mom nodded.

"OK." Kagome exited the house and headed through the city to Inuyasha's house.

"I can't believe Mom would let me walk around by myself at night! What, with all the creeps around." Kagome shivered and cautiously looked around her.

The street lamps flickered on as she continued down the sidewalk. It was now completely dark as night set in.

'Almost there.' She thought as she rounded the corner to the street that would take her to the mansion's main gates. A few more minutes down the road and she had arrived safely.

'Few. See all worried for nothing!'

She pressed the intercom button and they opened the gate to allow her entry. As she walked up the driveway she noticed Inuyasha standing in the doorway waiting.

"Sorry, I'm late. I had to finish my homework before I left." She said. She didn't want to worry him about her walking here. She had discovered that he had an overprotective nature to him. They weren't really close or anything, but he hated to see any harm come to her.

~~~~~*F/B*~~~~~

Inuyasha had been showing Kagome how to kick the bag correctly. Kagome lifted her foot to do an average snap-kick. She didn't hit the bag yet. Inuyasha wanted her to do a couple of regular snap-kicks to warm up first. She did a few more until he told her that was enough.

"Why don't you try hitting the bag now? Make sure to hit the bag with the front of your foot."

Kagome nodded. She took a deep breath and did a snap-kick from the right to the bag, hard. She hit it just a little to hard for a first time. She hurt her ankle. She fell back when she tried to stand on it. Inuyasha knelt next to her to see if she was OK. She looked at him. He looked so worried.

"Are you OK Kagome? Do you think it is broken?"

Kagome shook her head no, but Inuyasha still drove her home and cancelled her lesson later on in the week so she could recover. He was totally overreacting because it felt better the next day, but he wouldn't change his mind.

~~~~*End F/B*~~~~

Kagome stifled a giggle at the memory. Inuyasha looked at her questioningly. She shook her head. He shrugged and stepped inside to let her come in.

She followed him to the training room.

"So, Inuyasha. How have you been?" Up to this point Inuyasha had remained quiet and hadn't even looked at her. His eyes were downcast and he mumbled a reply.

"Fine."

Kagome smiled. "Good! You were starting to freak me out with all the silence! So, what are we up to today?"

Inuyasha did not look at her throughout the whole lesson.

(A/N: I am not going to bore you even more, so I am not going to go into detail here!)

Kagome wiped her forehead on the sleeve of her shirt

"Few," She sighed. "That's it for today?"

He nodded. She was still confused. He was acting very strange. He hadn't, hardly spoken at all. He hadn't looked at her and he looked very pale.

"OK, well I guess I'll go then."

"Bye." Inuyasha mumbled.

Kagome walked down the driveway. She looked back at the house to make sure no on was watching. She missed the pair of eyes that was watching her from the roof of the house. She exited through the main gates and continued to walk down the sidewalk. It was completely dark and that nervous felling from before came back.

'What was I thinking? I should have asked Inuyasha to give me a ride!'

She glanced around at her surroundings. There were hardly any cars on the road at this time and there was only the light from the streetlights. Everything else was in shadows. Against her better judgment she decided to take a shortcut so she could get home faster. She began to quickly walk down a dark alley that led to the street she lived on. Two pairs of eyes watched her.

A beer bottle clinked as it rolled across the ground. She froze.

'Someone's following me!' he heart rate sped up. She could hear her own heartbeat in her ears. She continued walking in a more brisk pace. Her eyes darted to the side and she saw a man's shadow on the brick wall. She began to panic.

'Oh man! Almost there! I'll be home free soon!' Kagome chanted to herself.

She turned her head to look behind her, but the man was gone!

'Was I imagining things?' She then connected with something hard. She fell back and landed on the ground. She had her eyes shut in pain from the sudden impact of the ground. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up to see what she ran into. She gasped.

'This must be the man that was following me! Oh man! What do I do?!" She slowly inched back away from the man. He noticed this and stepped forward.

"Hey, where're ya goin babe?" He spoke.

Kagome just whimpered. "Get away from me!"

"Come on. All I want is to have a little fun before I have to kill you."

Kagome panicked. She jumped to her feet and ran back the way she came. She was still pretty close to Inuyasha's house. If she could make it there she would be safe. The man behind her apparently had other ideas though. He reached out and grabbed her hair yanking her back. Kagome screamed. He pulled her against his chest. He wrapped one arm tightly around her waist and one across her chest. He whispered in her ear.

"Now, now. Don't run away. We'll have fun!" He began to laugh. He thrust her against the wall and began to shred her shirt. Tears ran down her face.

"No! Let go! Get Off!" She screamed. When he reached for her mouth he released one of her arms. She didn't hesitate. She pulled back her arm and punched him as hard as she could in the face. He staggered back in shock. He brought his hand up to his face. Anger soon took over his features.

"Why you bitch!" He lunged for her. Kagome closed her eyes tight and braced herself for impact. She heard the rustle of fabric and then the man groan in pain. She peeked an eye open and saw a man with long hair standing in front of her. The man who was previously trying to kill her was now holding his nose. He removed his hands to reveal a bloody mess that used to be his nose. Kagome gasped. The man in front of her growled and shot toward the man punching him in the stomach sending him flying into the wall across from her.

Kagome slid against the wall she was leaning on and sat on the ground. She watched as the man before her beat the crap out of the other man.

Her savoir seemed very familiar. His hair seemed to be a light shade. His eyes looked like they glowed in the dark! The thing that puzzled her was that he had two dog-ears on his head! As a car passed the entrance of the alley it flashed light down the dark alley for a brief moment. Kagome saw that he savior had silver hair and had his fangs bared.

'Fangs? Is he a demon? What is he?' her savior threw the man into the wall again only it was just a few feet from where she was sitting. The wall began to crumble behind her. She tried to move, but couldn't. She screamed as bricks rained down on top of her.

"Shit!" her savoir cursed. He jumped toward her. He grabbed her and pulled her out of the way. She went limp in his arms. He examined her and saw that one of the bricks hit her over the head. He brushed her bangs out of her face and then picked her up bridal style and bounded back to his house.

'She can stay at my house tonight, until I know she's OK. I'll make sure to give her mom a call.' He thought as he landed in his yard and bounded toward the house.

A/N:

Hey there! Yeah! Another update! Ha ha ha! I left a cliffy didn't I? Me evil! So, do you like so far? Let me know in a review. Not many reviewed last time I updated! *Sniffle* If you live on the East coast of Florida I understand. Francis hit us hard! Me lucky there not much damage here! If any of you have had damage done due to Francis, I hope things work out for you guys. The same for those of you in Louisiana with Ivan! Good luck to all of you. Well, send me a review plz! I would appreciate it. I will try to do another update soon, but like I said last time, I can't promise anything. School takes a lot of my time. Well, enough talk! Review!!