InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Student and the Teacher ❯ Mysterious Savior Pt2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters!

Chapter 7- Mysterious Savior pt.2

Inuyasha hadn't spoken to Kagome or even looked at her at all during the lesson. He didn't exactly know why, but figured it was because he was feeling dory for himself and couldn't bear to look at her. He watched her leave the training room and he decided to go to the roof for some fresh air. He sat up on the roof and looked at the stars. He heard the front doors close and looked down at Kagome walking down the driveway. She looked around the yard when she reached the end. He was curious, so he took a closer look. There was no car to pick her up. She then turned and walked down the sidewalk.

'Damn. She's walking home? Doesn't she realize that's dangerous at this time of night?' Inuyasha leapt off the roof and into the tree near the wall. He followed Kagome by staying on rooftops and out of sight. He cursed when she turned down the alley.

"Hey, Where're ya goin babe?" Inuyasha's ear swiveled toward the sound. He saw a large man standing in front of Kagome.

He heard Kagome whimper. "Get away from me!"

"Come on. All I want is to have a little fun before I have to kill you!"

Inuyasha's eyes flashed red for a second or two and he began to growl. He cracked his knuckles preparing to fight. Inuyasha jumped down and landed softly on the ground. The man had Kagome pinned to the wall. Kagome screamed and Inuyasha was starting towards them, but stopped when Kagome punched him in the face. He smirked. The man yelled at her and moved into attack.

'This is where I step in." Inuyasha rushed forward and punched the guy as hard as he could in the nose.

'Heh. I think I heard some bones break. Good!' He punched the guy in the stomach sending him flying into the wall. He felt Kagome's curious eyes studying him in the dark. A car passed by shedding some light on the intense situation for a brief moment.

'Damn! She probably knows who I am now! She knows my secret!'

Inuyasha sent the guy flying into the other wall, a few feet from Kagome. His head whipped to the side when he heard her scream. Bricks rained down on Kagome. He acted fast and grabbed her, pulling her out of the way just as the wall fell. Kagome fell limp in his arms.

'Oh No! Kagome!' he checked her over and noticed a small lump forming on the left of her forehead near the hairline. He cautiously brushed the bangs from her face and picked her up bridal style. He bounded to the house where he could keep an eye on her to make sure that she is OK. He landed gracefully in the yard. He leaped up to the balcony on the second floor. He walked toward the double doors and carefully pushed them open with his foot. It revealed a large bedroom. Inuyasha walked over and laid Kagome down on the bed.

'I know it's not really my fault, but I still feel really guilty that she got hurt.' He sighed. "I guess I have to call her mom now.' He walked over to the other side of the bed. There was a phone on the side table by the bed. He picked up the phone and dialed the Higurashi's number.

"Hello."

"Hello, Mrs. Higurashi. This is Inuyasha."

"Inuyasha! Is everything alright?"

"Yes, I just wanted to let you know Kagome is fine, but she will be staying here tonight."

"Why? Is she OK?" He sighed.

"She's fine she just got a lump on the head by accident and just recently fell asleep."

"Well, I guess that's fine. Just make sure she goes to school tomorrow. She may have to stop by here in the morning for some clothes and her backpack."

"Yes, ma'am. I will."

"OK. Bye."

"Bye." He hung up the phone. He felt bad about not telling her the whole truth, but he didn't want her to worry.

"How am I going to make sure she gets to school in the morning? I can't go outside! I know! Sess!" He nodded to himself. He walked out of his room and down the hall to Sesshomaru's room. He knocked and waited a while before he got a grumbled reply.

"What do you want?!" Inuyasha took that as, "Come in and explain to me what you want." He opened the door and casually waltzed in. The room was dark and a drowsy Sesshomaru lay in bed.

"Hey Sess. I need you to make sure Kagome gets to school tomorrow morning, since I can't"

"Just because you stay up all night doesn't mean the rest of us don't sleep." Sesshomaru growled. He was peeved that Inuyasha had disturbed his beauty sleep. "What do you mean make sure she gets to school in the morning?"

"She's staying here tonight."

"Don't tell me your gonna… Inuyasha! She is not on of you prostitute bimbo girlfriends!" Sesshomaru shouted disgusted.

Inuyasha stepped back in shock.

"Ugh, No! The thought never crossed my mind! Get your mind out of the gutter!"

"OK, then why is she here?"

Inuyasha sighed and relayed the story of the night's events to Sesshomaru.

Now it was Sesshomaru's turn to sigh. "Fine. I'll do it. You just make sure that she's OK. I'll be by your room at 6:00." Inuyasha nodded.

"Now get out!" Inuyasha smirked and left. Sesshomaru grunted and turned over roughly on his bed and returned to sleep. Inuyasha arrived back in his room. Kagome hadn't moved. She was still in the same position she was when he left her. He pulled the comforter over her and unconsciously smiled. He walked over to the couch and laid down. He closed his eyes and fell into a dead sleep.

Night slowly turned to day as the sun made its journey up into the sky.

Kagome slowly stirred and blinked away sleep. She yawned and stretched her arms above her head. She sighed.

Kagome's eyes widened and she quickly looked around the room.

'This isn't my room! What am I doing here? Where am I?!'

The room was dark. From what she could see in the dark, it was a big room. Her gaze fell on the couch near the bed against the wall. There was a large lump on it. It looked like a body!

She slowly uncovered herself and slid herself off the bed. She quietly padded across the room toward the couch. As she drew nearer it became clearer that it was a body on the couch. She stood by the couch and tried to make out the person. It was too dark she couldn't see. She looked around for a light. There was an end table near the couch with a lamp on it. Kagome felt around and switched on the lamp. She shut her eyes quickly from the sudden burst of light. She slowly crept her eyes open to let them adjust to the change in light. She caught the sight of silver hair. Her eyes snapped open.

'It's Inuyasha! What am I doing in Inuyasha's room?' The events from the night slowly made their way to the surface in her mind. She gasped. "He's, he's a…, what is he?!' She backed away from the couch. The door to his room suddenly burst open. Kagome almost screamed, but caught herself. Sesshomaru stood in the doorway.

"Come Kagome. You have to get ready and go to School. I will take you home and then drive you to school." He said that all with no emotion and turned to walk down the hallway. Kagome cast a weary glance toward Inuyasha.

"Come on Kagome!"

"Coming!" Kagome ran out the door and followed Sesshomaru to the car.

After Kagome got in Sesshomaru's driver closed the door. The driver got back in the car and drove off.

Kagome sat in an uncomfortable silence with Sesshomaru. She looked up at Sesshomaru. He glanced back.

"I will explain everything after school. I will pick you up." He answered before she could ask.

Kagome nodded. "Thanks!"

They stopped in front of Kagome's house. She ran inside quickly inside to quickly wash up and change her clothes. She grabbed her bag and told her mother that Sesshomaru would pick her up. She ran back out to the car and Sesshomaru dropped her off at school.

As she got out of the car she saw her friends running toward her. Kagome turned to the car.

"See you later!" She said cheerily and closed the door. She turned and ran to her friends. They began gossiping and chatting as Sesshomaru's car pulled away to head back to the house.

'I won't tell them about last night.' Kagome decided and they walked toward the school building.

A/N:

Hey! Thank you all for the concern! My family and I are fine! My house survived too! I only lost a few shingles and my trees blew over. I am just glad there is no other hurricane out there right now because it was getting really old! Well, I got this update up and I am thinking of starting a new story! I don't know why, but I am! It will be a Nightwalker fanfic. I don't know when it will be out, but if you are interested look out for it. Well, My home may be fine, but a lot of homes a little south of me are completely leveled! There is debris everywhere and I am just cleaning. I lost power for about 2 days. Some ppl are still without power. Well enough of that. Send me a review! I will update again ASA I can!