InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Student and the Teacher ❯ Feeding ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters*
 
The Student and the Teacher
Chapter 9- Feeding
 
“Kagome you should go.”
“I'm not leaving.”
“I've never fed before and I don't know what will happen. I-I don't wan to hurt you.”
“I'll be fine, but how will you feed?”
Inuyasha pondered this. He had no clue.
“I guess I'll have to hunt.”
Kagome felt bad. `I can't imagine being in his place. It must be awful having to hunt people for food.'
The doors burst open and they both jumped in surprise. A man with long dark hair ran into the room.
“Kagome!” the man ran over and grabbed Kagome away from Inuyasha. He hugged her tightly to him. “It's been a long time! I can't believe you are here!” the man said joyously.
“Koga?!” the man grinned.
“Yes! Kagome! I am so happy you remember me!”
Inuyasha sat, kneeling, on the floor by the couch clutching his stomach. He hissed again. His head was bowed.
“Koga, we need to do something, he needs help!” Kagome exclaimed in desperation.
Koga looked over at Inuyasha,
“Why? What's wrong with `em?”
“Koga he needs-" Kagome was cut off as a strong gust of wind swept through the room. When the wind calmed, Sesshomaru was standing in the doorway.
“Koga!” Sesshomaru shouted as his gaze never left the wall between Inuyasha and Kagome. Koga cautiously let go of Kagome, but didn't move. “Koga. I think you should leave. You may be needed elsewhere.” Koga nodded, not wanting to feel Sesshomaru's wrath, again. He turned to Kagome.
“I have to go. I'll see you around Kagome!” He said with a big smile and left the room. When Sesshomaru was sure Koga was out of ear shot he turned his gaze to Kagome.
“Sesshomaru! He needs to feed!”
Sesshomaru nodded. “I know. Kagome you musn't tell anyone about Inuyasha.”
Kagome nodded. “I understand.”
Sesshomaru turned around to face the hallway and nodded. A short man, who resembled a toad, came toddling in. He was carrying a silver pitcher and a glass. There was liquid in the pitcher, judging by the sound of sloshing when the man walked. Kagome was curious.
The small man went over to the end table next to the couch and set the pitcher and the glass down. He turned and bowed to Sesshomaru.
“Anything else you need my lord?”
“No, that will be all, Jaken, you are dismissed.” The man bowed again and left. Sesshomaru walked over to the couch and stood next to Inuyasha.
“Get up.” Inuyasha slowly looked up at Sesshomaru. His fangs had lengthened, some what, and sharpened more.
“I can't!” he hissed. Sesshomaru snorted.
“Kagome, pour Inuyasha a glass and bring it to him.” Kagome nodded and walked over to the side table where the silver pitcher sat. She picked it up and poured it into the glass. It was a dark, thick substance. It was warm too.
`It's blood!' Kagome placed the pitcher down and picked up the glass and walked over to Inuyasha.
As Kagome poured the glass, Sesshomaru proceeded to pull Inuyasha up on the couch.
“I can't believe I have to do this.” Sesshomaru ground out.
“Oh, get over it. It's not like I asked for this.” Inuyasha bit out between clenched teeth. Kagome moved toward them and handed the glass to Inuyasha. Inuyasha accepted it. He was repulsed by the idea of having to drink blood, but it had to be done. He sighed and closed his eyes. He lifted the glass to his lips and drank the liquid quickly. The pain in his abdomen subsided. He placed the glass on the table when he was done. His fangs retreated to their normal sized and he leaned back into the couch. Sesshomaru nodded and grabbed the pitcher and glass and left the room without a word. The doors were closed behind him. Kagome and Inuyasha were left alone. The room was silent and neither one moved. Kagome still stood next to the couch.
“You shouldn't have seen that.” Inuyasha said with is head bowed.
“It's OK.”
“No, it's not! I hate this! I now live forever, can't go out in the daytime, and have to drink blood to survive!”
Kagome felt bad. She walked over and sat next to him. She wanted to cheer him up.
“Hey, you wanna go for a walk?”
Inuyasha shrugged. “I guess.”
They both headed out of the mansion and down the sidewalk. They walked in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, more like they were simply enjoying each other's company. Inuyasha eyed Kagome.
“So, how is your miko training going?”
“Uh, fine. I have pretty much perfected my archery and have learned come complicated spells. Kaede says my powers are unusually strong fro someone my age.”
“Really? That's great!”
“Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, uh, when did you get bitten?”
“No, don't mind. I think it was after I came to see you train at Kaede's.”
“Oh.”
They walked for quite a while. It was dark outside with only the moon light to light their path. They walked into the city where there were more people and light. Inuyasha pulled a hat on. Kagome just pouted at him.
“What?” He asked confused.
“You covered your ears.”
“So?”
“So! I don't get to see them anymore!” she whined.
Inuyasha cracked a smile. She's probably the only person, besides my mom, who actually liked hi ears and didn't mind him being a half-demon.
“Kagome!” Kagome jumped and looked around for whoever called her. Inuyasha just curiously looked at Kagome. Kagome spotted her three friends. `Oh no.' she smiled none the less.
“Hey guys!” She said with mustered up enthusiasm.
“What are you doing here Kagome?”
“Uh,…” Kagome turned to Inuyasha who was just standing behind her waiting. Her friends saw her look and gasped.
“Kagome! Who's that?!”
“Uh, my self-defense teacher.”
“He's not the guy who picked you up today! You said that he was your instructor!”
“Uh, no, no, no! He was his brother. Sorry, I forgot to explain.”
“Wow!” They all said with stars in their eyes. Inuyasha eyed them all warily.
“Higurashi!”
Kagome smacked her forehead and groaned. “Everyone has to be out now, don't they?” she mumbled in annoyance.
Hojo ran up to them. Inuyasha just continued to stand off to the side and watched Kagome converse with her “friends.” In truth he felt out of place.
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
A/N:
Ok! New update!!! Yeah!! I finally typed it! Go me! Ok, so. I plan on updating Changing Memories! Shocking yes! It has been over what? A year? Yup, well I decided it was time to move on with it and get it finished! My Girl is at a stand still for now; I have extreme writer's block on it, but no worries! I am working on it! My next story to be updated will be A Way Home and then Changing Memories. So, it will be a while till I update this one, sorry! Well, sorry it took so long for this update! I hope you liked it! I know it was kinda a stupid chapter I will try harder next time!