InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ the time is now ❯ The fight for right ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE TIME IS NOW
By SFP

 

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. YuYu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. I make no money from any of this.

To the wonderful AnimeHuntress, thank you so much for doing the beta work on this for me. You must have the patients of a saint to endure the monstrosity that was this story. . .


`Thinking`
"Speaking"
**Telepathy** (Hiei)
^^Youko^ ^

~warning random thoughts~ >;<''

CH.2 THE FIGHT FOR RIGHT

(Kagome's POV)

We all stood there silently regarding each other. This was it, the big battle I could tell everyone was nervous, as we should be, well maybe not Sesshomaru. This is big; really big, the last of our allies to show is Kikyo, Kagura and Kanna. I nod to them as they walk up, I still can't believe they are joining us in the last stand. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy they did.

Sesshomaru looks over at Kohaku and nods, Rin hug's Sesshomaru’s leg silently saying good bye. I realize in that moment in this time, `they look like a family.` Sesshomaru bends down to be at eye level with Rin and whispers something in her ear that makes her smile and nod. She walks over to Kohaku and takes his hand, I feel myself smile.

Shippo's done saying good bye to Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango, so it's my turn I guess. I pick him up to and hug him as tight as I can to my heart.

"Shippo I love you, don't ever forget that please." I tell him as I hold him.

"I won't, I love you too, " he murmurs.

I put him down and tell him, "It's time."

I smile at him as he also turns and walks over to Kohaku where Sango seems to be saying goodbye. She comes back with a couple of tears in her eyes. She's trying so hard to hide them, but I see them. I keep repeating in my head, ‘I'm not going to cry.’

I watch as Kohaku takes their hands and walks a little past the tree line where they will be waiting for us. We all turn to face the barrier to Naraku’s castle, I look at Inuyasha and he's staring at the barrier like it's our enemy.

"Inuyasha..." I murmur, he looks at me and smiles then nods.

Then I hear him ask, "Is everyone ready?"

I felt like everything slowed down right at that point. My whole body pulsed I saw everyone nod. It pulsed again, I look up sharply and Inuyasha's drawing his Tetsusaiga, Sesshomaru his Tokijin.

“He's here!" I say loudly.

Sharp breathes are drawn, I can hear them clearly. Inuyasha breaks the barrier with his sword and all is quiet.

Inuyasha turns to me and ask’s, "Where are they Kagome?"

I know he means the rest of the shards that aren't in my possession.

"To my right, up ahead about forty feet," I tell them as my body pulses again.

I don't even have to concentrate to feel them, the pull is that strong.

We all start to head forward when we hear it.

"KUKUKUKU so you thought you could sneak up on me did you? Well no matter, you impatient wretches will die today!"

Miasma starts to surround us and everyone is coughing with the exception of me. I pull out an arrow and aim carefully at where I sense the shikon fragments.

Get down!" I yell and fire.

The miasma clears and I look around impishly as people look up at me. Then I see it; the look of fear on there faces, even Sesshomaru has a look of surprise on his face.

‘Wow that’s new.’

KAGOME!" Inuyasha, Sango and Koga all scream while Miroku and Myoga scream "Lady Kagome!"

My face pales, I know right behind me is Naraku, I was only proven right when I was lurched backwards by my hair at the nap of my neck and pulled into a very solid chest, I'm scared to death `god's please help me!`

That's when I notice the shards, he does not have them on him. That's how the bastard snuck up on me. Naraku and Inuyasha are throwing insults back and forth as per usual! I catch Kikyo's eyes and glance to where I sense the jewel, she finally senses them. I guess she can't sense them as much as before if the surprise in her eyes is anything to go by. She takes my hint and starts heading that way. Noticing the way that Naraku just went rigid, I would guess he has noticed Kikyo’s movement. He relaxes as a horde of demons encircle us.

Everyone is now fighting for their lives. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha are both slowly making their way to me and Naraku. I see Kikyo coming from the building where I had sensed the jewel. She must have blasted the demons in her way. The guys are almost to me. Now is my chance.

I send a small jolt of my power into Naraku’s thigh. He loosens his grip just a bit, which allows me to yank myself forward and out of his grasp. As I'm rubbing the very sore spot on my head and picking myself up off the ground I hear Naraku curse, then blades rip through tentacles as the boys let out some pent up aggression.

‘Now to make my way to Kikyo,’ who is now by Sango, Miroku and Kanna.

I look around at the carnage before me, Totosai and most likely Myoga are on the side lines burning any demon that comes near them with Totosai's flame. I had wondered why I had smelt burnt flesh. I thought it was Jaken, who is next to Kagura. Jaken is using the wind from Kagura attacks to send his flame from his staff of heads further. I guess I was right about it being him after all. Sango is using her katana to rip through demons and her bone boomerang as a shield. Miroku is sucking them up into his wind tunnel as Kanna watches his back with her mirror.

I start to head toward Kikyo, dodging demons as they intentionally or unintentionally come at me. Kikyo is heading my way. My friends are hurt and covered in blood. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are no exception. I was too late to dodge the tentacle coming at my side as it tore through my flesh, but it's a good thing I tried otherwise it would have pierced me instead of dragging along my side like it did. It still drug a scream from my throat and knocked me down, damn it hurts. As I look up I see Kikyo by my side holding the rest of the shikon. We look into each others eyes, I didn't know till then that I was crying but I was. I shed tears for everyone that has suffered because of this cursed thing. I pick up my necklace that holds my peace of the jewel. Slowly she brought the rest up to match with it.

~My last sobbed thought was, `I want to go home; home is where the heart is. Let everyone live and love please.`~

~ Kikyo's was, `I want to be free of this anger; I want my heart again. Let everyone find peace.`~

~ Then all was black ~

(END POV)

All demons and humans in feudal Japan with any kind of awareness could feel the blast of power. If you had been within three miles of it you would have been knocked on your butt yet seen the purple sonic blasts of energy. Little would any know that the past was safe; but the future is uncertain for now…