InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ the time is now ❯ The present ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE TIME IS NOW
By SFP

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. YuYu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. I make no money from any of this.

To the wonderful AnimeHuntress, thank you so much for doing the beta work on this for me. You must have the patients of a saint to endure the monstrosity that was this story. . .

 

`thinking`
"speaking"
**telepathy**(Hiei)
^^ youko^^


CH.3 THE PRESENT

PRESENT DAY (Tokyo/Human realm)

A young man with short black hair, jelled back, was walking in downtown Tokyo mall, hands stuffed in his pants pockets, an incredibly sour look on his face. Walking with determination towards an... Arcade gallery! Upon entering, Yusuke Urameshi spots his target.

"Hey Kuwabara lets go!” Yusuke snapped.

"Anytime Urameshi lets take it outside. I'll show you whose boss," barked Kuwabara.

"Ah... stupid I meant Koenma wants to see us," replied Yusuke with a roll of his eye's in an annoyed manner.

"Sorry," replied Kuwabara with a smile, "old habits are hard to break."

Yusuke clapped him on the back, "let’s just go K?”

KOENMA'S OFFICE (Spirit realm)

The first thing Yusuke noted when they arrived at Koenmas office was Hiei leaning against the wall, eye's shut. The second thing he noticed was Kurama seated in a chair, seemingly relaxed. Koenma who was pacing the top of his desk in his toddler form had not even noticed Botan bringing the boys in. Yusuke was just about to yell at him to stop pacing, when Kurama glanced up and shook his head, telling him silently not to. If this struck Yusuke as odd he did not comment on it, thankfully. Finally Koenma looked up ready to scream for Botan again; only to shut his mouth in a snap.

"Well... it seems as if everyone's here already. Good to see you Yusuke, Kuwabara. We have a problem th.... "

WE ALWAYS HAVE A PROBLEM!” yelled Yusuke.

"Let him finish Yusuke, please," Kurama interrupted quietly.

Yusuke promptly started glaring, but kept his mouth shut.

"As I was saying, we have a problem. The demon realm is riled up about something, although nobody is saying anything. But we do know it's big. We've had prophets and priests in the human realm ranting and raving about the end of the human realm.”

"You mean the end of the world?" Kuwabara asked blankly.

"Yes," Kurama answered before any insults could be thrown, although if you were demon you could still hear Hiei whisper, "hn, stupid ass.”

"This is a load of shit!" Yusuke yelled. “We haven't felt shit so..."

“Hn' speak for yourself human," Hiei stated in a cold, mocking voice.

"I have to agree with Hiei, Yusuke. Can't you feel it? Try concentrating,” Kurama told him calmly.

Yusuke closed his eyes and did as he was told, his eye's widening as he did.

"Are you talking about that tingling in the back of my neck?” asked Kuwabara.

Yusuke was oddly quiet.

"Yes," replied Kurama.

"Well in any case I want you to keep your eye's and ears open. Report to me or Botan if you hear or see anything.... and I mean anything, got that?!"

"Yeah we got it," grumbled Yusuke.

When they looked to Botan for their portals home, everyone noticed she was not acting like her normal bubbly self. She glanced up at the men worriedly, that was rare in itself. But when she whispered, "Its going to be soon and its going to be big and powerful," everyone felt a chill run down their spines and knew to be on their guard.

ONE WEEK LATER (Tokyo/ human realm)

Kurama had been given information on a demon that had been over-looked, one that could see the future and was currently living in the human realm. Kurama, Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei all decided to pay him a call to see if they could persuade him into telling them anything on why the different realms were in a frenzy at the moment.

When they arrived at what looked to be an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of Tokyo, Kurama knocked on the rusty metal door. After a short pause "enter" was heard. As they walked into the building all four guy's took in the dim light's and musty odor.

"You have come for information,” stated a raspy voice from an especially dark corner of the room.

Hiei and Kurama had known he was there all along with their heightened senses, but the other two were startled as they turned towards an old looking rat demon sitting Indian style on a pile of blankets.

"Damn it old man, don't do that!" yelled Yusuke, the old rat just chuckled.

"She will straighten you up nicely young start, yes... yes she will.”

"Who? She who old man?” Yusuke looked at him crossly.

"That is not important at the moment. What is important though is that you all know you play roles in the upcoming battle. The fight between good and evil, light and dark, life and death, the balance of fate as we know it is in your hands as well as others who are like you and yet are not.”

"Hn," Hiei glared at the wall, `no one is like me.’

"What others?" asked Yusuke.

"You will know soon whom I speak of. That is all you must know for now. I must be going, see you another time.....I hope.”

And then he was gone.

"Well that was informative," Yusuke stated as he scowled at the others.

"Indeed, let's go home for now shall we?" said Kurama who had already started for the door, followed by Hiei who was silent as usual.

Yusuke followed after them pushing Kuwabara as he past by him.

‘My skin's crawllen,` Kuwabara thought as he scratched the back of his neck and followed the others out the door.