InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ the time is now ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE TIME IS NOW
By SFP

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. YuYu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. I make no money from any of this.

To the wonderful AnimeHuntress, thank you so much for doing the beta work on this for me. You must have the patients of a saint to endure the monstrosity that was this story. . .



`thinking`
"speaking"
**telepathy**(Hiei)
^^ youko^^

CH.4 POWER

HIGURASHI SHRINE (Tokyo/Human Realm)

Kagome's mom had been putting away grocery’s in the kitchen for the last couple minutes when Sota came running in to the room.

"Mom when is Kagome supposed to be home again?"

"I'm not sure sweat heart, probably when they've found some more shards. Why do you ask, need something?”

"Kag's said she'd help on my righting test I have to take in a couple weeks. Do you think she'll bring Inuyasha with her again?”

"I don't know honey, maybe. Hey don't you have a date with that nice girl you've been seeing?”

"Ohh mom come on!" Sota then ran out of the kitchen leaving a smiling mother behind.

‘My babies are growing so fast.`

After Sota had left the kitchen Kagome's mother stopped smiling looking out the window at the well house, "Kagome I hope you're ok I’ve had a terrible filling all day."

Gramps who had been standing in the door way heard what she said. "She'll be okay, all Higurashi's are strong it's in our blood. We don't know any different.

Momma looked up and smiled a genuine smile, “you’re right I know you are".

LATER THAT DAY (Higurashi Shrine/Tokyo)

Momma was in the kitchen, once again, cooking dinner. Grandpa was in the dinning room at the table reading the news paper and Sota was in his bedroom righting a history report. The house started shaking the light's were flickering, then all of a sudden Sota and his mother were knocked to the floor by an unseen force yet grandpa was still on his seat at the table. A flash of purple light could be seen through the curtains on the windows, the ground rippled one last time then all was quiet like nothing had happened at all. Miss Higurashi scrambled off the floor on weekend knees and rushed to find her son and father in law.

"Sota, grandpa are you okay!?" she yelled.

"Yes I'm fine go check on Sota he's upstairs!" Grandpa answered.

Miss Higurashi ran up the stairs as fast as she could, Sota still had not answered her call to them. She burst into his room.

"Sota honey are you alright?” He looked up in a state of shock as his mother plopped on the ground next to him and pulled him to her.

"What was that mom?"

"Sota, I believe that was an earthquake." She started to giggle in nervousness. "I’m so happy you guys are all right, I was scared you might have gotten hurt," she sighed. "Lets go help your grandfather clean up the messes K?"

"Okay mom."

KURAMA"S HOUSE (Tokyo)

Kurama had Yusuke staying the night because his (Yusuke's) mother was having another party and he'd never get any sleep if he stayed at home. That would not do, they had stuff to do tomorrow, mostly trying to find more info on what the hell was going on around here. Kuwabara had gone home earlier in the day and Hiei was out side the window in a tree, resting. Yusuke and Kurama had just finished their third game of poker when both the men were thrown on their asses.

“What the hell!?" yelled Yusuke.

"I..I don’t know!” Kurama stated, "but lets find out."

Kurama went to the window `Hiei, you there? `

Hiei was not in the tree.

Kurama looked down and his eyes widened, there was Hiei on the ground just getting up brushing him self off at the same time. Hiei’s eye's were noticeably larger like he had just been given a great shock, which he had, Youko who had just woken up was snickering in Kurama's head.

^^Didn’t like that much did he.^^

`Hush Youko you'll make him mad at us, and we don't need that now.`

^^ I was just joking don’t get all pissy, Kurama.^^ Youko turned in their head and pouted huffing and grumbling as he was promptly ignored by Kurama.

Hiei looked up at Kurama and gave a death glare, the look saying `if you tell a soul of this you will die`.

**Well fox, are we going to stand here all night or go and find the thing that gave off that little power display?** Hiei demanded telepathically as he smirked cruelly with a gleam in his eye.

Yusuke who had just come to the window felt sorry for what or who ever had caused the commotion because they had managed to irritate Hiei, which was never good for ones health, not if you wished to live for long anyway.

"Ah… sure let's go then," Yusuke muttered hurriedly as he grabbed his coat, Kurama right behind him.

HIGURASHI SHRINE (Tokyo)

"Momma I think dinner got burned when we had the earthquake." Sota looked at his mother who just sighed and smiled turning the burners off.

"Yes I see that, I'll just have to make more or we can order in something."

Just then they both heard grandpa holler for them to come quickly. Sota and his mother ran to the front door of the house to see what he was going on about. They did not expect the sight they came to. There were bodies everywhere, there must have been twenty to thirty at least. They were sprawled everywhere.

Miss Higurashi broke out of her trance like state when she heard Sota say, "Mamma isn’t that Kagome and Inuyasha over there."

She didn’t think, she just ran as fast as her legs would take her to where her beloved daughter lay just missing stepping on the other bodies, that lay strewn about, Sota hot on her heals. Grandpa was already there holding Kagome’s head in his lap, stroking her head tenderly.

"I cant get her to wake up, I tried."

"She's not... is she?" Mamma whispered, a sob choking her throat.

"No, no she's hurt but alive we need to get her cleaned up so we can see how bad it is." Grandpa stated sadly.

“Sota run and get some towels, water, a bar of soap, antibiotic ointment and bandages please.”

Sota did as was told silently crying for his sister to be ok.

"What of the others, we can’t just leave them."

Mamma took this time to look around. With them being so concerned over Kagome, they failed to see a man in a white, blood soaked baboon pallet slink away in the shadows to lick his wounds. Followed closely by what minions he had left, just minuets prior.

`Well that is strange, I had thought there were more…` mamma thought.

"Father, please go see to the others." He nodded silently, doing as he was asked with only a slight hesitation.

It was then she noticed her daughter holding a girls hand, a girl that looked a lot like Kagome looked when she was a young teenager, when Kagome had first started her trips to the past they would have been thought twins. But now Kagome was a striking young woman. Kagome had grown in to her skin as they say; she was no longer the spindly thin girl with unruly hair. Now she had a light spiral curl in her waist length hair, blue highlights could be seen clearly plus she no longer had the bangs like this girl laying next to her did. Also if you looked at the two you could see Kagome hair was black with her blue highlights where as the other girls hair was a very dark black with not so noticeable brown highlights. And they were both beautiful in there own right.

Mamma was brought out off her musings when she heard someone yell, she got up, walked over and looked around the corner of the house at three men who seemed to be arguing with her father in law. Well one of them was at any rate. She ran to the four of them.

‘Seems I’m doing a lot of that lately, ` she thought.

When she got there she stepped in front of Grandpa saying in a hurry, "we are very sorry the shrine isn’t open today, you'll have to come back another time."

The man with slicked back black hair was the one to reply, "then it's a good thing we ain't here to see the shrine."

"Ma’am what happened here?" The red head that asked looked around at the mess from the earthquake with concern. The shortest of the three, with his hair standing strait up, just glared at her.

Mrs. Higurashi couldn’t handle it she started to cry, which of course made the men uncomfortable, they fidgeted.

"Um...hey… hey don't do that!" came the desperate cry from Yusuke, he sounded so much like Inuyasha at that second she started to cry harder.

"I don't know what to do, I don't know what happened and they’re hurt," she said through her tears. "And there's so many of them I only know Kagome and Inuyasha, my baby, my pore baby."

Kurama put his hand on her shoulder, "we'll help you okay?"

Her crying eased

She sighed. Kagome was going to be mad when and if she woke up, but she needed the help, `there is no possible way I can do this on my own and calling the hospital is out of the question.`

Mamma nodded as she stuttered, "fallow me, you'll thin.. think this is stra.. strange but please don't be scared they need our hel... help.”

Two of the boys looked at her and one glared as his hand went for his sword out of instinct, only to hesitate at what he saw in the yard around the corner of the house.

`How did I not sense this or them in the time we have been here? ` As he glanced at the others with him he noticed they seemed to be surprised as well. `All though we should not have been, she did say there were many hurt, she just didn’t say they were human and demons... maybe she didn’t know.` was Hiei's thoughts.

"Some are demons." Hiei stated allowed.

Mamma looked up sighed and nodded once, "I believe some of them are my daughters friends though I’m not sure which ones, possibly all of them. Please, will you still help?" `How did they know they were demons right away, and also why did they come here to begin with?’ Mamma thought as Kurama agreed. They would help, they would also figure out what these humans and demons had to do with the blast of power they had felt. There were a lot of questions to be answered.