InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ the time is now ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE TIME IS NOW
By SFP

DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. YuYu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. I make no money from any of this.

To the wonderful AnimeHuntress, thank you so much for doing the beta work on this for me. You must have the patients of a saint to endure the monstrosity that was this story. . .



`Thinking`
"Speaking"
**Telepathy** (Hiei)
^^ Youko^^

CH 5. AWARENESS

`How in the world did they get here with out Koenma knowing they got through the barrier that separates the worlds. Why are they here? What was that power from before and where is it now? `

These questions and much more were running threw Kurama's head as he carried the last unconscious demon to the tree. The tree would make sure the humans were safe till they got the answers they wanted. Kurama placed his hand on the tree, and as if the tree had a mind of it's own it bent over picked the demon up and secured the demon's hands, torso, arms, head and leg's with it's branches. The sacred god tree was now decorated with different type's of demon's hanging in various branches

Miss. Higurashi looked from her daughter's pale face to the hand that was currently holding a green towel to Kagome's side trying to stem the blood flow.

"Are you sure that's wise?" mamma asked glancing at the tree with a look of concern and curiosity on her face as Kurama approached.

"It is just a precaution, should any of the demons awaken in a blood rage," replied Kurama.

"Inuyasha would never hurt anyone here, I know it,” mamma said, looking straight into Kurama's eyes.

Both mamma's and Kurama's heads swiveled to the right as they hear a grown from one of the human's that way.

"I think he's waking up," Yusuke say's as he crouches next to a man in purple and black robes.

Yusuke and mamma both blink as Hiei suddenly appeared beside Yusuke. Yusuke raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hn" Hiei states as he glares at the detective then back to the human.

"Do you feel that?" Yusuke whispers as he also look's the human over.

"There energy is coming back to them, they’re regenerating faster then normal," Kurama replied.

More groans are heard as others start to awaken, "ug... wha.. what happened?"

Sango look's up at the night sky thru bleary vision, her head is killing her, among other things.

"Ug... wha.. what happened?" she asks trying to sit up.

"We were hopping you could tell us," a soft voice answered.

As she succeeds in sitting up she sees a red head with emerald eyes next to an older woman who look's an awful lot like Kagome, a shorter man, no demon, with red eyes and black hair that stands on end. She also sees a man with laid back black hair with smoldering brown eyes, all looking at her questionably.

But then she could also see Kagome's head in the older women’s lap, a hand with a rag in it on her side to stop the bleeding. Kikyo is next to them looking flushed...

`Flushed that's odd considering she has no blood,` Sango thought.

She totally missed the raised eyebrow Hiei thru her way having read her thoughts, his partners on the other hand did not. She then noticed Miroku who was laying several feet away from her, what she did not see is Inuyasha or any of the other demons who were in the fight, Naraku and his hoard included.

`Naraku,` Sango growled in her mind as she thought darkly.

Sango was brought out of her dark thought's by cussing and growling coming from a tree, `the god tree, but the area around it looks different. `

"Where are we?"

"Inuyasha is that you?" Sango asked concern lacing her voice.

"Yes damn it, this stupid tree has me trapped! How the fuck did I get up here any ways. Where is Naraku?!! And how in the seven hell's did you and the others, and me for that matter, get to Kagome's time?"

Hiei, Kurama and Yusuke all raised eyebrows at that question.

"I don't know," Sango replied.

`Where is Kagome…?' Inuyasha thought.

"KAGOME!!!" Inuyasha screamed in panic.

He was about to call again only too have Kagome's mother interrupt, "Inuyasha, she's here with me."

"Kurama please let Inuyasha down now," mamma said with a slightly grim smile.

"We will see," Kurama replied walking to the tree he had bound the demons in.

By the time he made it to the tree the half-demon Inuyasha and a wolf demon were arguing about how to get out of the tree's grip. The other demons had all awoken and were currently glaring at them too; well all of them but the little one with white hair and black eye's who was just watching with a blank face.

"My name is Kurama Youko, I would like too ask you some questions if I may."

“Huh...” Inuyasha and Koga both looked at him like he was stupid.

But before either could answer someone else's did it for them, thus avoiding another argument.

“They will be answering yours and my questions,” stated a stoic looking Sesshomaru staring strait at Inuyasha with murder in his eyes.

"KAGOME!" came the high pitched squeal followed by the sound of running feet everyone watched as a orange ball of fur ran towards the fallen girl, closely fallowed by a young boy with dark brown hair, wearing black and green armor. There was also a young girl with a light brown ponytail to the side of her head wearing an orange and yellow kimono, holding a two tailed cream and black colored cat. Both the adolescents were yelling.

"SHIPPO, STOP!”

"COME BACK!"

Shippo skidded to a stop in front of Kagome and her mother.

"You smell like Kagome!" Stated Shippo, blinking widely at her.

"I'm her mother" answered mamma, looking Shippo over curiously.

"I’m Shippo. Is she going to be ok? Where are we at, do you know ?”

While mamma was busy trying to reassure Shippo, Kurama was getting the demons down from the god tree.

**Fox, Yusuke is going to Koenma to report,** Hiei was standing next to Kurama, arms crossed over his chest glaring at the other demons, daring any of them to mess with him.

"Inuyasha, you will explain... this…" Sesshomaru gestured to their surroundings. "But, it will be after we have all rested."

As he said this he gave Kurama a pointed look, which Kurama only nodded slightly too. Hiei on the other hand glared full force at Sesshomaru, who in turn walked past without even the slightest glance at Hiei, a mask of indifference settled firmly into place. As Sesshomaru settled him self down next to a tree in the distance, he looked bored but if you looked closely you would see his eyes flicker with curiosity as they took in the things he had never seen before, or the things that he had, but had changed with time. Hiei was quietly seething; Kurama put a hand on Hieis shoulder trying to ease his temper at being ignored.

"We were told to watch and listen, not fight" Kurama reminded quietly.

Hiei relaxed, well as much as Hiei ever would any ways.

Hiei and Kurama both started slowly walking to where the humans and demons, with the exception of Sesshomaru, had gathered. As they approached, they took in the fact that every one was talking quietly amongst them selves, once they arrived all talking ceased. Inuyasha had his hand on his Tetsusaiga, as the rest were also in battle ready form.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" Inuyasha asked in a tired voice sounding like it was bordering on threatening.

Kurama tensed slightly, Hiei's hand had some how gone to the hilt of his sword with out any one seeing it move.

The tension for the shard hunting group went up as a blue swirling portal started to open up right in front of their eyes. At the same time a lot of the tension dissipated from Kuramas form. Hiei, as always was ready for a battle. Yusuke come out of the portal first, Botan fallowing his every step. So when Yusuke stopped walking from all the tension in the air, Botan ran into him knocking him over stumbling to catch her footing in the process but still ending up falling on her butt. With that the tension was broken

"Hey, what's the big idea!?" Botan stated, or in the demons cases yelled. Botan grumbled as she got up brushing her butt off at the same time, "Why did you stop so sudden... Ohh... I see!"

Botan blushed as she looked at all the people looking at her, some with amusement in there eyes, others with curiosity. Yusuke was also grumbling as he picked him self up off the ground.

"Hn," Hiei sniffed turning his head to the side with a bored look, `Stupid klutz.`

"Well any ways, I'm Botan," Botan then bowed politely to every one. "I.. ah would like to help...any of you that need healing..."

She fidgeted under every ones heavy stares, a small blush still lingered on her cheeks.

"Kagome..ah... might need some healing," Inuyasha looked uncomfortable, as the rest of his group looked at him like he had grown another head. "WHAT!!! QUIT STARE’N!!! She is my best friend ya know…" the last part of his argument was whispered to himself.

"OK then lets get started!" Botan smiled happily walking to where there were two girls laying on the ground, `two fallen girls, wonder why they didn’t say any thing about the other one?` Botan thought, kneeling on the ground next to one of them, the one with the weaker life force. As she put her hands on the girl, Inuyasha, Shippo and Koga all yelled, at the same time Sango, Miroku and Kagomes mom whispered, "that.. is.. not.. Kagome!"

"That is Kikyo," Sango states.

"OK.....well she still needs to be healed," Botan looks at them like they have lost there minds.

"You can’t heal the dead," Inuyasha says at the same time he glares and growls at her.

"Well... yes... but she... is not dead."

"YOU LIE!!!" Inuyasha yells as everyone else in the Inu group gapes at her and Kikyo.

"I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT!!! I would know, I am the grim reaper after all, and besides the dead do not breath! Use your demon senses for god sakes!"

Inuyashas eyes narrowed and his nostrils flared as he takes a deep breath, his breath comes out in a woosh and his eyes went large, he looks as if the air had been knocked out of him.

"She..... is alive"