InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Time of Your Life ❯ Issues ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-yasha. And I am not looking for any money for this story.

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

(Authors Notes)

I was going to call it 6.5 because it's so short. It's a little mushy and I suppose I kind of had "Spider-Man" mind when I thought of it but it was before I saw the sequel. Anyway, enjoy.

Chapter 7: Issues


Sango was just going on her break when Kagome came up to her.

Kagome had been hanging out with them every night at the skate park since she and Inu-yasha had become an 'item.' It made Sango a little uncomfortable. Yes she liked Kagome and she'd never seen Inu-yasha so, calm and almost happy before. He just didn't seem himself. Was she jealous, no that couldn't be it. Then again, they had a closeness her and Miroku didn't seem to have. Sure Kagome and Inu-yasha fought sometimes but they always made up. Miroku was great and one of her closest friends before they started, this thing they started, she wasn't even sure what to call it, but all they did was make out.

'I suppose that's my fault.' She sighed to herself.


"Sango can I talk to you for a sec?" Kagome asked.

"Uh, sure what's up?" She asked a little wary of the 'I've got girl issues' face Kagome had.

"Well you know me and Inu-yasha have been going out for a while now..."

'Sure if you call a week and a half a while.' Sango thought but wisely kept to herself.

"... And well, does he even like me?"

Sango stared in disbelief. "D'... Does he even like you!? What do you mean?"

" Well I was the one to ask him out, and we haven't kissed since our first date, and..."

"Kagome..." Sango interrupted her rant. "Inu-yasha's just, well... Inu-yasha." She hesitated to say shy, that just wasn't quite right even if there were all types of shyness. "You know kissing isn't everything." She glanced sullenly across the park at Miroku, "flirting" with some girls.

"Yeah, I know, but..." Kagome bit her lip and her eyes wondered to the ground. "I'd like to feel like I actually have a boyfriend you know. I want to do boyfriend/ girlfriend stuff. Otherwise he's just a really good friend who happens to be a boy. How do you and Miroku do it? You seem to have a good balance going."

"Ha!" Sango replied sardonically.

"No really, you guys still hang out like normal, but you do the other stuff too. Even though you seem to keep them separate, it works for you."

'Maybe we do work in, our own way.' Sango thought. "You and Inu-yasha are different. I'm not sure what kind of advice I could give you."

"But you two used to date right?"

"Yeah, for about a day and we realized there just wasn't anything there. Inu-yasha knows the difference between a girl- friend and a girlfriend, I'm sure he wouldn't continue to date you if he didn't think there was something there. If you want I could talk to him for you." She mentally slapped herself for saying that without thinking. 'Please don't take me up on that offer. Please don't take me up on that offer. Please don't take me up on that offer.' She chanted to herself.

"No, no that's okay." Kagome quickly said. 'Whew, that would be an uncomfortable conversation.' Sango thought.

"You made me feel better though, thanks for listening." Kagome smiled, that damn smile that made you smile even if you didn't really feel like it, and trotted off back to watch Inu-yasha chase Shippo, probably for getting in his way while skating.


*****

The next day Inu-yasha and Kagome lay on the roof. They were facing in opposite directions, heads touching slightly, (their favorite position), chatting casually, as usual.

"Inu-yasha...?" Kagome started tentatively then thought better of it.

"What?"

"Nothing." She said quickly.

He shrugged. She reached over to play with a strand of his silvery hair to distract herself from her thoughts.

"Do you wanna...?" 'Damn it, how can I bring this up?' Kagome screamed at herself.

"Wanna, what?" He glanced sideways at her this time and she stopped fiddling with his hair.

"Nothing!" She replied curtly.

"It's not nothing, whaddaya want?" He grumbled and pushed himself up and turned so he was hovering over her now. She turned her head to the side to avoid his gaze and he nudged it back. Now she lay trapped between his hands and under his head.

'I know this isn't the right place, but maybe I can use this to my advantage.' She thought slyly. He was glaring down at her, no doubt trying to will her to speak. His thumb absently ran across her temple and down to her cheek. She grabbed his hand and at his questioningly, startled look she brought his thumb to her mouth and gently sucked and nibbled on the tip.

"Kagome?!" He half sighed and blushed. She was sure she was blushing to but that didn't stop her as she trailed kisses from his thumb down to his palm and licked his wrist. she was silently challenging him with her eyes locked on his. She stopped and grinned up at him, he grinned back and his lips came crashing down onto hers in a sloppy upside down kiss. Her hands wound their way into his hair as they relaxed into the kiss and deepened it.

He pulled back after a while and her hands loosened their grip to allow him to move freely. He was kneeling behind her now an unreadable expression on his face. (Well she did have trouble reading upside down.)

She slowly sat up to face him wondering what was wrong. As soon as she was kneeling in front of him, he pulled her flush against his chest and caressed her ear with his lips, she returned the gesture before whispering, "That's what I wanted."

"All you had to do was ask." He smirked at her and was soon pressing his lips to hers once more.

'Sango may be right, kissing isn't everything, but it sure feels good right now.'

They continued to make out, until the bell rang. (She may be addicted to his kiss but she wasn't a delinquent.) So they reluctantly toddled off to class.


*****

Koga is coming soon, so watch out!

Thank you all for the lovely reviews.