InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Time of Your Life ❯ Live It Up, Part One ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-yasha. And I am not looking for any money for this story.

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"(Mumbled under breath talking)"

(Authors Notes)


Chapter 8: Live It Up, Part One




Kagome sat in the back of Math class staring out the window. It was the last class of the day, Friday, and it had to be her worst subject.

She was glad she now had a cute tutor, Inu-yasha, every chance they got, they spent together. But in school their time was limited, specifically to lunch time and their "study" session. They just couldn't get enough of each other, Miroku called it their "honey moon period." Well needless to say they didn't get much studying done...

'I hope we get back to normal soon and curb our lust. Who am I kidding, no I don't. Still with midterms coming up we really do need to study especially if I want to become a Senior and if we are both planning to graduate this year.' Thought Kagome.

*****

"Principal Naraku will see you now." Kagura, the secretary told the student.

"Juronmaru. Have a seat." Naraku said as he slowly turned his chair to face the student.

Juronmaru sat down in the chair opposite Naraku. "Well Jurom, I can call you Jurom." He said as more of a command than a question. "Let's see what has brought you here today."

He made a show of looking over his file, but he clearly had already done so. Juronmaru was stonily silent and un-careingly stared back at Naraku.

After a moment Naraku continued. "HMM *Mock Gasp* student hazing, that is one serious offence. Shame on you. Coupled with all the knives we've confiscated from you and all the past bullying, this makes you a chronic trouble maker. And since we can't have trouble makers in this school... I think I know just what to do with you Jurom." Naraku smirked across his desk at Juronmaru.

*Fade out.*


*****

Kagome was thinking of Inu-yasha's soft lips and what she could be doing to them right now, instead of working on the Math problem in front of her. Just like all their study sessions, except he wasn't even physically there to distract her. She was so caught up in her daydream that she didn't hear the bell ring, nor did she hear, and I mean really hear, what her friends asked, until it was too late that is. She already said yes.

'Oh well a girls night out isn't so bad. I do owe them anyway, I haven't been spending much time with them lately.' Kagome sighed as she followed them out of class. Inu-yasha was waiting at her locker.

"Hey look Kagome it's your stocker." Said Eri.

"What are you talking about?" Ayume eyed her suspiciously, and Kagome was too busy running to Inu-yasha to notice. She greeted Inu-yasha with a peck on the lips.

Her friends lagged behind, Yuka elbowed Eri for her comment, and replied to Ayume, "Nothing." They neared Kagome's locker and quickly changed the subject "So your definitely coming tonight right?" Yuka asked Kagome.

"Oh, uh, yeah sure, I need a study break anyway. See you at 8 right?" Kagome bid each of her friends farewell and turned her attention back to Inu-yasha.

"Where ya going?" He asked her.

"Huh?"

"Tonight, where are you going?"

"Oh just a party. Just us girls you know I haven't hung out with them in weeks they are still my friends, I've known them practically forever, so I feel I should spend some time with them, you know. I wonder if Sango wants to come?"

But all Inu-yasha retained was 'A party? With Boys and drinking and... boys!' (Oh my!)

"Fishie's party?" Inu-yasha was in a panic.

"Yeah, (what kind of a name is Fishie anyway?) How'd you know?"

"Like I could not know, it's all anyone has talked about for the past week. (kind of dull conversation really.)"

"Then what's the problem?"

"You can't go."

"What do you mean I can't go!" Kagome was indignant.

"Just what I said."

"Oh well then, I won't go."

"Good." Inu-yasha failed to hear the sarcasm in Kagome's voice.

After a bit of a pause of disbelief Kagome said. "I just want one night off from studying to have fun! And you can't tell me what to do, you big, jerk!" She slammed her locker shut and stormed off.

'We don't have fun?' Inu-yasha thought before he realized she was half way down the hall. "Oi, where are you going? Kagome!" She didn't even acknowledge him and she disappeared into the crowd.

When he got outside there was no sign of Kagome and the buses were just pulling away. He caught a glimpse of her at the back of one of the buses, she turned to him, stuck her tongue out at him briefly, and turned away.

"(Stupid girl.)" He grumbled.

A few seconds later he felt a fist strike the back of his head and turned with both his fists razed ready for a fight.

"What did you do to Kagome this time?" Sango glared at him, fist still razed from striking him. Inu-yasha dropped his fists to his sides, still clenched.

"I guess the honey moon is over then." Miroku stated and Inu-yasha whacked him upside the head. "Hey I didn't hit you."

*****

A little later, outside Kirara (The car, not the cat, course it would be better to be outside than in, eww.)

"So she's going to Fishie's party huh?" Sango asked.

"Why would she go there?" Miroku said a bit worried.

"It's those Freshman girl friends of hers. I bet they don't know what they're dragging her into." Inu-yasha shouted angrily.

"You're probably just overreacting. It's just a party right?" Sango said.

"Just a party she says. Haven't you heard the stories."

"Oh please they're only rumors. You're just upset because she's doing something without you for a change." Sango glared at Inu-yasha.

"Feh. That has nothing to do with anything." Inu-yasha folded his arms and stuck his chin in the air.

*****

Kagome's friends arrived at Kagome's house to pick her up. She noticed they were down by one.

"Hey where's Ayume?" Kagome asked looking around as if she were hiding somewhere.

"Oh um..." Eri started. "She decided she couldn't be a part of our plans." Yuka finished hurriedly for her.

"Really, that's too bad I was looking forward to doing something with all of you tonight." Kagome said.

"Well it's her choice. Now come on or we'll miss all the fun." Eri and Yuka dragged her off to the party.

*****

They arrived at the party at 8:30 and it was packed and almost unnaturally loud. But Kagome was determined to have a good time, and not think about Inu-yasha (oops too late) She was determined again to deal with Inu-yasha's overbearing nature tomorrow, or possibly even the next day. She took a deep breath.

'I am here to have fun. Though I'm a little nervous, I've never been to a party before. Well at least my friends are here, as long as we stick together it will be all right.' She hooked arms with her two friends and walked into the party.

*****

Koga surveyed the crowd and searched for his customers.

He would start off with polite conversation then if they weren't interested he'd move on right away, no sense making small talk if they weren't buying. He was on the prowl. And after, when business was done he'd find a little high school chicky to have some fun with.

*****

'So much for sticking together.' Kagome thought dejectedly. As soon as they entered the party Kagome's friends made a bee line that took them right to Hojo and her friends whizzed away each on the arm of some strange boy she'd never seen before.

'Of course maybe they know them real well. How would I know, I barely speak to them anymore, and now they dump me on Hojo. This was supposed to be a girls night out!' Kagome was doing her best to try to ignore Hojo and find her friends so she could drag them out of here and make them take her home. But Hojo kept blocking her and striking up conversation.

She finally gave up and sat down on the edge of a crowded couch. 'Oh well at least Hojo's nice enough, if a little dense. I'll just have to wait to find them.' Kagome resigned herself to her fate. She contemplated calling Inu-yasha for a ride, but he'd probably just say I told you so.

*****

Kagome couldn't stand it any more. Hojo had that look on his face, that squinty eyed penetrating look, the one that was just "begging" to be kissed. It was getting on her nerves, couldn't he tell she didn't like him like that. And what was worse he was just pretending to have a conversation with her and doing a horrible job of it. Suddenly and surprisingly not so unexpectedly she felt Hojo's hand caress her knee.

'That's it I'm calling Sango.' Kagome stood up knocking Hojo off the couch.

"Kagome?" She saw him look around dazedly, but she had retreated very quickly.

Kagome bumped her way through the crowed in search of a less noisy area. She scooted behind a large potted plant but found it occupied by some groping, slobbering couple. 'Yuck, I hope we don't look like that when we do it. Well at least their not making noise.' She dialled Sango's number and waited. She then heard moaning from the sloppy couple and suppressed a scream of disgust. 'Oh God. Pick up, Pick up, Pick up,' *Boop* 'Finally.'

*****

Sango, Miroku, and Shippo all sat watching Inu-yasha, fidget in his seat and drum his fingers on the wooden picnic table between them.

"Feh, see we don't need Kagome, she can go to all the parties she wants, any time she wants." Inu-yasha tone despite his words were less than agreeable or convincing.

"If it's so fine then act like it, your making me nervous." Sango said irritably. Inu-yasha was about to retort when her phone rang.

She looked at the caller ID, surprised she answered, "Kago...?" She was cut off as Kagome started spilling her pent up anger at Sango.

"Is that her?" Inu-yasha asked, and Sango nodded. "Well gimme the phone." Sango tried to keep it out of his reach but as she was still trying to hear what Kagome was saying she couldn't, a brief struggle ensued and Inu-yasha wound up with the cell in his hands. Sango glared at him.

He listened for a minute. "So you're not having fun? What did I tell you." Nice concerned start but the landing didn't stick.

Big mistake, he held the phone at arms length as Kagome started shouting on the other end. Miroku even had to cover Shippo's ears.

'I didn't even know she knew those words.' They all thought. Then there was silence.

"Kagome?" Inu-yasha chanced speaking into the phone. Then to the others he said, "She hung up."

"Serves you right." Miroku said, not having even heard the other side of the conversation.

"Shut up. Sango give me your keys."

"No way, I'm driving. Well come on." She said to the lolly gagging Miroku and Shippo after Inu-yasha had already taken off for Kirara.

"Uh where are we going?" Shippo whispered to Miroku behind Sango's retreating back. Miroku just shrugged.

*****

"Stupid Inu-yasha." Kagome grumbled as she stomped, or well tried to stomp through the crowd. She was off in search of her "friends." She replayed Inu-yasha's harsh words and couldn't stop the sting from forming behind her eyes. She picked up some Jell-o in a cup from a nearby tray and shot it back.

**

Koga had finished his rounds for the night and was now looking for some fun. That's when he saw her, the raven haired beauty.

'I bet she just gave some windbag the slip and is no doubt looking for a real man now.' He thought delightedly. She was heading his way.

**

Kagome couldn't see where she was headed in such a big crowd and with her blurry vision, nor did she care as long as she didn't run into Hojo again. 'Pompous windbag. My friends have some nerve luring me out to a girls only night just so they can fix me up with Hojo. And Inu-yasha has to be all... jerkish. The jerks!' She continued her stomp.

*

Koga timed it perfectly, one small step to the right and bam, she was his. "Where you going, beautiful?"

Kagome ran into something solid. She looked up and saw who she had run into, his eyes were leering down upon hers. She heard him say, "Where you going, beautiful?" 'Beautiful?'

"You seem upset. It's this crowd. Believe me, I don't like them either. So would you care to join me for a little, private party, away from all this noise?"

"Ummm..." Kagome stared at him in slack jawed stun.


To Be Continued...


Don't you just love the way those three little words look strung together like that. It's just beautiful.

Not buying it? Well the next chapter will be out soon enough. But I make no promises I can't keep, so I make no promises.