InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Time of Your Life ❯ Live It Up, Part 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-yasha. And I am not looking for, or getting any money for this story.

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"(Mumbled under breath talking)"

(Authors Notes)

Okay a little further disclaimer, Don't drink and do drugs. Though why should you listen to me anyway, make up your own minds.

On with the story.

ch. 9: Live It Up, Part 2


"Remember no drinking you two, we don't want a repeat of what happened the last time." Miroku said as he Sango, and Inu walked to the crowded door of Fishie's party. Inu-yasha and Sango just glared at him.

Miroku said, "I think It's Time For A Flash BAck":

**

We see a younger Sango sitting next to a younger Inu-yasha with shoulder length black hair. You can tell that they are both drunk as they turn blurry eyes towards each other and...

**

"Oww, hey I was just getting to the good part!" Miroku gets pummelled on the head.

"Shut up and end the flash back already." Inu-yasha and Sango both yell at him.


"I thought we all agreed not to mention that ever again." Sango turned violent eyes on Miroku.

"Whatever. You guys can go make out in corner while I look for Kagome." Inu-yasha waved them off.

"We have our orders, shall we Sango?" Miroku said, Sango bopped him and followed after Inu-yasha.

"Come on, we're helping too. The quicker we find Kagome, the quicker we can leave." Sango dragged Miroku along after her.

*****

They split up and Inu-yasha soon spotted one of Kagome's friends. You know the one with the head band.

She is making out something fierce with some guy. So Inu-yasha taps her on her shoulder. What does he care he's on a mission. She ignores him so he tries again.

"Oi!"

The guy she had been clinging to detached himself and swung his gaze to meet Inu-yasha's, both with equal amounts of rage. Then recognition, and still the rage.

"Inu-yasha." the boy said curtly.

"Brad." 'I hate this guy. Didn't he go out with Kikyo, or something?' He thought but just as quickly ignored the boy and turned to Kagome's "friend."

"Where's Kagome?"

"What do you care?" She went back to Brad.

"Do you know where she is or not?"

She turned an annoyed glance his way before saying, "No, and even if I did I wouldn't tell you," and getting back to Brad again.

"Oi, bitch..."

Brad then stood up to face him. "Watch what you call my girlfriend." Brad said as he shoved Inu-yasha back a few steps.

'Oh yeah another reason I hate this guy. Bullying bastard.' Inu-yasha thought while taking a menacing stance.

"She's probably avoiding you. You couldn't get Kikyo, so you settle for some knock off, and now she doesn't want anything to do with you."

The surrounding teens had a good laugh, that stopped abruptly as Inu-yasha nearly stuck his fist through Brad's head and Inu-yasha stormed off into another room.

The laughter then started again as they saw the state of Brads face, he wouldn't be a contender for Homecoming King this year.

*****

Kagome tried ever so politely to back away from Koga but he wasn't having any of that. She backed away so far that she had hit the wall on the opposite side of the room and personal space was fast becoming an issue.

"Come on babe, I'd show you a real good time." Koga said one hand leaning on the wall by her head.

'I think I want to say ew.' Kagome thought as she looked for a way out and it came in the form of some ditzed out girl looking for Koga. Now while he was distracted she slipped out under his arm and into the crowd.

******

"Yeah so like Shelly's back from the Hospital now and they like totally messed with her head and stuff. Cause like now she's gained so much weight and she thinks it's normal. She was much more fun when she could lend me her triple zero size Jeans."

"Yeah I know what you mean." Most of the girls in the area agreed with her.

Sango who was happening past, interjected, "Wasn't Shelly in the Hospital for Anorexia?"

"Oh and wasn't this a private conversation?" The girl mocked back.

Sango in total exasperated, dumb, shock just turned away and mumbled, "Whatever, morons."

"Whatever morons." They mocked back at her.

The next room over Sango finds, (not Kagome of course, no that'd be too convenient), but Miroku lounging on a couch flirting with a group of very loose girls.

"Miroku." Sango says threateningly to him. 'I wish I brought my skate board.' She thinks as she only has her fists to pummel him with.

Miroku of course professes innocence. And he is surprised that she calms down after this.

"Um your not mad?" He questions her as he follows her to the doorway.

"Why should I be mad?" She questions back in an overly calm tone.

"Well um..." He starts.

"What do I care what you do with your free time. It's not like we're dating or anything." She waves him off with a casual toss of the hand.

He stares at her for a long moment letting it sink in. It hurts more than he'd like to admit, so of course he doesn't. He simply says, "Of course Sango. We are after all just fooling around." 'Just wait though and you will care.' He then thought to himself.

"Okay then come on, let's go see if Inu-yasha's found her."

*****

Kagome stumbled and not just because of the jostling crowd, she was beginning to feel light-headed. She was caught in the under toe of the crowd's movement and found herself making her way up the stairs. Once she reached the second floor she was surprised by the lack of people since the stairs had been full. She glance back and saw that they were still full of people just hanging out.

Halfway down the hallway she spotted him, Hojo, looking as lost as ever.

She bowed her head low hoping it would make her invisible.

'I can't go forward or he'll see me and there's a wall of people behind me. (How did I get through there anyway?) Damn it I'm stuck.' She glanced over at him. 'Oh no he saw me and he's headed this way.'

Hojo stopped in front of her, mouth open and spoke as his arm descended on her shoulder.

"There you are, I thought I'd lost you. You ready for some fun now, pretty lady."

'Wait a minute,' Kagome tried to think straight. 'If Hojo's in front of me, who's arm is that?' She turned to her left to find Koga (Though she only knows him as that guy from before.)

"So you still want to hang with me and my friends for a bit, get away from this crowd?" He asked her again.

What a choice, but for some reason she was leaning towards Koga. Maybe it was his offer to let her hang with a group or the fact that her brain didn't seem to be working properly.

So she said, "Yeah, uh Hojo catch you later okay."

"Yeah okay, Higurashi. See ya around." He waved and left.

Now turning to Koga she lifted his arm off her and said. "Look thanks for the save and all, but I have a boyfriend, and he'll be coming to get me soon so..." She half lied to him.

"So you can hang with us while you wait." He opened a door just behind him and revealed a small mixed group of people sitting around a bed room. "Come on they don't bite." (I hate that saying by the way)

'Well, I don't feel like being alone right now and I really need to sit down. And it looks like I won't be the only girl.'

"All right just for a little bit." She gave in and walked into the room before Koga, missing his truly wolfish grin.


*****

"Hey dude, you looking for that Kagome chick?" Inu-yasha gave the boy who spoke a dark look, but let him continue. "I saw her head upstairs."

And he was off.

A few minutes later and he had finally made it through the thick congregation on the stairway.

'Okay fourth times a charm.' He thought as he heard laughter, (Kagome's to be exact,) on the other side of the door,. He wasted no more time in barging in.

"Kagome!"

"Inu-yasha!" She launched herself at him, and planted a wet sloppy kiss somewhere in the vicinity of his chin.

"Kagome?" He questioned the drunk girl and glared at the other occupants of the room.

"You came! I didn't think you were going to come but you came cause you loooove me." Kagome gushed at him, and he blushed but was none the less still angry.

He glanced around the room and spotted a familiar face.

"Koga! What the hell have you done to her?" He shoved Kagome behind him and stocked over to where Koga sat.

"Inu-yasha, your her boyfriend? (emphasis on your)" Koga gave him a sceptical look.

"Well?" Inu-yasha asked, ignoring Koga's remark.

"Well what." Koga was standing now.

"What did you give her?"

"Oh, nothing, just one beer."

"One. Beer." He said deceptively slowly, for he grabbed Koga by the shirt collar so fast he nearly gave him whiplash.

Kagome looked back and forth between the two of them and got a little dizzy before asking, "Wait, wait, you two know each other?"

"Oh yeah we're old friends." Koga said sarcastically, if a little raspy since Inu-yasha was still in danger of cutting off his air supply, permanently.

"Inu-yasha!" Kagome warned as she laid a hand on his arm.

He let go for her sake, but none too gently. Koga just shook it off. Inu-yasha then turned to Kagome. "What are you doing hanging out with drug dealers?"

"What!?" She turned pissed though hazy eyes towards Koga. Then seemingly angrier eyes back towards Inu-yasha. "How do you know drug dealers?"

"Don't change the subject, and he did not give you just one beer did he?"

"I am not changing the subject. And you!" She pointed an accusatory finger at Koga, "Don't sell drugs, it's not nice."

"She's really cute when she's in an indignant rage. I'm glad I made her my new woman." Koga said to no one in particular, well maybe just to piss Inu-yasha off a little bit more.

"What!" Kagome and Inu-yasha both screeched at him. Though Inu-yasha had a tinge of hurt in his voice.

At this point Miroku and Sango burst in the room. Somehow they tracked them down.

"Kagome!" They said with excited relief. Then upon seeing Inu-yasha's look directed into the room, they looked too.

"Koga!" They said this time with almost the same menace as Inu-yasha had.

"Okay, why do you all know drug dealers anyway?" Kagome asked again.

Before anyone could say any more on the subject though, one of Koga's gang was at the window and turned back to them alarmingly. "Koga we gotta go! It's the cops!"

Everyone in the room scrambled out so fast a whirlwind of dust was left in their wake. Inu-yasha's group stood dumbly by the door. As Koga sped past he stopped briefly by Kagome.

"It was wonderful to meet such a beautiful young lady, Kagome." He said as he held her hands. "It was fun, I'll see you again sometime." This sprung Inu-yasha into action and he made a swipe at Koga. Inu-yasha missed as Koga let go and raced out the door.

Inu-yasha was about to follow, when Miroku and Sango grabbed his arm and dragged him back the other way along with Kagome.

"Come on, we gotta get outa here before the cops get here." They raced along the hallway, down the stairs, and out the door along with the rest of the house.


*****

And now for something seemingly random.

Daryl and Harry ran through the woods behind the house, occasionally glancing behind them. They tried to speed up as they found the cops closing in fast.

Daryl tripped and one of the cops was on him in no time. Harry paid no mind to his fallen companion and pushed on.

He saw salvation. Lights of cars as they whizzed down the highway just ahead. If he could get across to the woods on the other side before the cop caught up he just might have a chance of losing him.

But he stopped dead in his tracks as a figure stepped out of the shadow of a tree and blocked his path. He held a hand to shield his eyes from the intense backlighting of the figure.

Harry was struck dumb (okay dumber). The cop tackled him from behind and hauled him off back where he came. Harry turned his head towards the figure but it had gone. And he was dragged a bit more roughly towards the waiting police cruiser.

*****

It was pure dumb luck that they made it to Sango's car and on the road without being spotted.

They were now sitting at the local Quick Stop a few blocks from Kagome's house. (They had to try to get her sobered up before bringing her home.)

Kagome was in the back seat holding her head in her hands with Inu-yasha yelling beside her.

Sango, Shippo (AN 1: yes he was dragged along through this hole ordeal unnoticed, even by me.) and Miroku had discreetly retreated into the Convenience store.

Kagome was tired of him blaming her for hooking up with Koga when she so had not. She was tired of him yelling at her for going to the party in the first place. And she was just plain tired.

So she snapped. "Inu-yasha! Nothing happened between me and Koga. And excuse me for wanting to have a night out with my "friends." Who, by the way, ditched me the first chance they got. Koga and his friends where just trying to be nice. They didn't get me drunk, I did, all right. And thanks for your concern." She took a breath. "Oh and you dragged Shippo to a party!" She finally blew back in his face and slumped back in the seat exhausted.

There was a long silence.

"All right, I'm sorry. I'm a jerk, okay."

"Yeah, you are." She said slowly but calmly. She looked at him expecting more.

"And I was worried about you, I wouldn't be so angry other wise."

"Oh that makes sense." She said sarcastically but with a hint of understanding.

"But you shouldn't be hanging around Koga, and getting drunk."

"How was I supposed to know what one beer, and a couple of Jell-o shots would do to me?"

He gave her an almost tolerant look. "Well know you know. Feeling any better now?" He asked cupping one hand on her cheek.

"Yeah, a little." She was a little surprised, yet somewhat grateful that their heated argument had dissolved so quickly. She nuzzled in close as he wrapped his arms around her. She was drifting off to sleep.

But she had one more question and was afraid it might start another argument so she tentatively asked, "How do, you know Koga anyway?"

He sighed and answered. "We used to be neighbors." She smiled at the simple explanation and sighed in relief.

"So you two've made up I see?" Miroku said as he slid into the passenger side door and handed Inu-yasha a coffee.

Kagome let her eyes close and faintly heard the doors close as Sango, Miroku, and Shippo got in and they drove off.

*****

They pulled into Kagome's driveway at half past one.

'I hope she doesn't have a curfew.' Inu-yasha thought nervously. "Hey Kagome." Inu-yasha gently woke the sleeping girl.

"Fi'e mo' minut's." Mumbled Kagome against his arm. She woke slightly after a little more prodding and he helped her out of the car.

Sango came over to help but Inu-yasha brushed her off.

"I've got a key to the back door." Kagome said fishing in her purse.

"Wait here I'll be right back." Inu-yasha ordered the others, and walked Kagome around the back of her house.

As they approach the door Kagome brushed of his support in order to manoeuvre more freely. She clacked the door open and proceeded to stumble inside. Inu-yasha quickly reached out to support her once again.

They made it half way across the room when they were blinded by the light. Both blinked rapidly and found Kagome's mother standing over them, arms crossed.

Inu-yasha thought he was a dead man when she beckoned him out of the room to have a word with her.

He was surprised then when instead she gave him a tight hug. He nervously returned it and was relieved when she let him go.

"Wait, your not mad that I brought your daughter home drunk and so late?"

"I know you protected her. You're a good boy Inu-yasha. Thank you." She released him then and said "Now go home."


*****

Well the parties over. You know originally I was going to have this chapter much earlier in the story and it would have been a lot different. I was kind of thinking like "Ten Things I Hate About You," That was my original inspiration for this fic, (that and Inu-yasha of course.) But it turned out differently than I had planed.

AN 1: Yes I did actually forget Shippo but instead of inserting him in scenes before this I decided to leave it, 'cause in the first episode with Koga in it, they kinda forgot him too. Oops.

Anyway that's all for now. Later.