InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Traveler ❯ Love~Part 2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No one had moved when Bekka reentered the clearing with Rin and her bag. "Good, he's gone." She knelt down and began going through her bag taking things out and repacking some of them.

"What was that all about?" the one called InuYasha demanded.

"That thing, Q, believes that he is in control of my life. If I don't entertain him, he makes things difficult, sometimes very difficult." She closed her bag. "Rin, sweetie, take care of my violin until I can come back please." She got up and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Sesshoumaru asked.

Bekka turned around to face him. "That Naraku thing isn't going to just give up his claim. Until whatever promise Q made is negated, I will be a source of danger to you and Rin and anyone else around me. I am leaving so that I can't be the cause of harm." She turned again and started walking.

"You don't even know where to find him," the one in the purple robe pointed out.

Bekka turned and grinned wryly, "I doubt I will need to find him….." she looked at him questioningly for his name.

"I am Miroku."

"…Miroku. As I said, he is under the impression that I am promised to him."

"You can't go to him!" the girl in the sailor shirt cried.

"Kagome's right," InuYasha seconded.

"Explain to me how my strategy is unsound. Tell me how removing myself to spare the rest of you is wrong. Doesn't the good of the many outweigh the good of the few, or the one?" Bekka glared at each of them in turn, arms akimbo.

The last of the new group spoke up now. "My name is Sango. Naraku killed my brother and uses him against us. If you give up, the same could happen to you."

"Sango, I very seriously doubt that would happen to me. Q won't let me die. If I can't die, I can't be a zombie."

Kagome spoke again, "He could use a jewel shard and control you anyway."

"A jewel shard? I've never gone for jewelry before, why would I now?" Bekka scoffed.

"I don't think you understand," Miroku spoke up. "The jewel of the four souls has great power for good or evil. Naraku uses it for evil."

"You're not convincing me to stay," Bekka turned to leave.

Before she'd gotten more than a step, Sesshoumaru called out to her, "Kumite. If you defeat me, you can go. If not, you must stay."

Bekka turned with a glint in her eye, dropped her bag and bowed. She ran at Sesshoumaru, leapt over his head, twisting to face him when she landed, swept her leg at his feet, tripping him and in a blur had her belt knife at his throat. "I win. I'll see you later." She got up, ignoring all the shocked faces, picked up her bag and left the clearing, turning back at the edge of the forest, "That was easier than dancing with bulls," and faded into the forest.

Rin, who hadn't really understood what was going on, began to cry. Sesshoumaru picked himself up off the ground and growled. InuYasha sniggered. Kagome and Sango gaped at each other and Miroku tried not to laugh. Sango recovered first, glaring at Miroku, "What's so funny, monk?"

He looked at Sango and then to Sesshoumaru, "Do you know why she left? The real reason she left?"

Sesshoumaru looked at him, perplexed, "What do you mean, `the real reason'?"

"It's very simple, Sesshoumaru. She loves you. She said it herself, `love makes the impossible not only possible but probably.' How likely is it that she could have beaten you?" Miroku paused to let his words sink in. "She will return and I would not want to be in Naraku's shoes when she sets to `negating' that promise."

"Monk, she stated her reason was only to negate the promise Q made. You are reading things that are not there," Sesshoumaru growled, though he felt uneasy. Damn the monk, what did he know?

Kagome ventured a question, "How does she know about bull dancing? Ancient Greeks did that. It was never practiced in Japan. And red hair isn't exactly common here, either."

Miroku added, "Yes, she mentioned it was a long story."

"So where'd you pick her up, Sesshoumaru?" InuYasha sneered.

Sesshoumaru kept his irritation hidden. She was getting farther away with all this talk. "She was dropped by that Q thing on my lands. He issued a challenge that forced her to stay with me. This is a waste of time," his irritation broke through, "She's getting away. Jaken, take Rin back to the castle."

Rin picked up the violin and found underneath it the sword Sesshoumaru had given Bekka. On top of it was a folded piece of paper. Sesshoumaru growled as he picked up both.

"So, what's it say?" InuYasha prompted, watching Sesshoumaru crumple the paper up after reading it. Not answering, Sesshoumaru dropped the paper and took off in the direction Bekka had gone.

Miroku picked up the note and read it aloud, "This sword is too noble to be taken by that coward. Please forgive me, but this is something I have to do. I cannot have you or Rin in danger because of me. With love, Bekka"

"C'mon, we better get going before they get too far ahead," InuYasha said, moving to follow them.

"Hang on, InuYasha. We still don't know the whole story. It may not be wise to follow them," Miroku protested. "I think there is a lot more here than meets the eye."

"The monk is right, there is more," Jaken finally spoke up. "That Q creature challenged my Lord Sesshoumaru to learn to love and that girl to learn to trust."

Miroku looked thoughtful and finally said, "We should not follow, but I wish them well."

A/N Okay, there will be a bit more arguing, but I think you get the point. This is a really long chapter, difficult to write, but the next one promises to be even harder, though I already know how it will end….I just have to get there. :D