InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy of Each Other ❯ Field Trip ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
\A/N: Ok yay! Some people have told me about how Inuyasha starting to warm up on Kagome from her looks, well, thing is is also I've been bullied all my life. I was always the one in class being picked on because of my height and lazy eye and a few years I was the “chubbier” kid in class. Puberty sucked, and so I'm basing Inuyasha main on the bullies I had in the past…most of them were the same, so That's where Inuyasha's attitude is coming from, but let's get on with it.
 
Also sorry about the very very short chapters. I really hope they get longer, but I try to reach at least 7 pages on MS Word, but fanfiction .net messes with my spacing. So I'm trying to lengthen the chapters. This is going to be a very short story I guess, just a short, sweet story. But anywho:
 
 
Chapter 8: Field Trip-
 
 
It was an exciting day for everyone in the Human Rehabilitation Ward at the Yukiyama Nursing Home. Today was the field Trip to go to the Zoo. Kagome was going as well, with Inuyasha as her guardian, meaning Sango got the day off, except Sango couldn't help it…
 
 
“Kagome, I know you really like Inuyasha, don't you?”
 
Kagome smiled and blushed, making Sango giggle.
 
“Well, let's see what I can find for you to wear… let's see”
 
30 min later:
 
 
“OK, Sango, I am here…for…”
 
Inuyasha walked into Kagome's room to see Sango putting the finishing touches on Kagome. For the first time in almost a year, Kagome was not in a smock, she wore a pretty pink tank top with Capri jeans on, Sango just finishing up putting a burette in her raven hair. Kagome looked up and her face glowed at the look on Inuyasha's face, but for Inuyasha, it wasn't a thing of shock of how pretty she looked, she looked like how she used to in school, but… thinner, brighter and happier. The old Kagome wasn't very chirpy or bright at all, but the look Kagome gave Inuyasha was somewhat cute. Sango smiled at Inuyasha's gapping mouth and frozen stature.
 
“Doesn't she look pretty?”
 
Sango attempted, Inuyasha blinked and said as coldly as he could manage, but didn't work since his voice cracked,
 
“Keh, What...ev...ever”
 
He cleared his throat and went to Kagome's side, who smelled really nice. Sango tried not to smile as Inuyasha stumbled a bit as he looked into Kagome's warm face. Sango didn't put any make up on her, knowing Inuyasha should like her for her. Inuyasha too wasn't in scrubs or hospitalwear. He wore a black sleeveless tank top and blue jeans, a black leather jacket tied around his waist. Inuyasha gentley picked Kagome up and placed her into the wheel chair, trying not to look at her face, but said in a semi- happy voice,
 
“Are you set to go?”
 
Kagome gave a smile and a small nod. Then Inuyasha said,
 
“Wave goodbye to Sango.”
 
Kagome waved bye to Sango as Inuyasha wheeled her out of the room and down the hall. Inuyasha tried not to look down at her as he wheeled her outside to the van. Kagome looked nervous and looked up behind her to look up at Inuyasha.
 
“ Um… We are going to the Zoo. We get to see a lot of animals. I think you'll have fun.”
 
He said in a mono-toned voice. Kagome didn't really look too comforted, but looked forward anyway. If Inuyasha wasn't nervous, she should have no reason. Kagome watched as one by one, the people in wheelchairs went up on the lift. To attempt to calm her down a bit, he put his hand on her shoulder and said,
 
“Don't be scared…um… “
 
Then he tried to say, though it came out sounding more like a question,
 
“I'm here with you”
 
He pierced his lips to the side. Kagome gently place her hand on top of his hand as a sign of assurance. It was her turn. Inuyasha wheeled her up on the lift. She looked straight into Inuyasha's eyes to calm herself. Inuyasha saw her nervousness, but felt her trust. He still did not know what to think as he thought about how Kagome trusted him more then any other person. She finally was wheeled into the van, Inuyasha climbed in and belted the chair down, securing her. She was nervous. She did not know what this thing was, but Inuyasha sat right by her and slumped in his seat. He looked like it was no problem. She gave him a nervous smile and looked out her window. She braced herself, grabbing onto Inuyasha's pants on his thigh as the van started and began to move. He quickly looked at her and slowly took her hand off of his leg as he blushed.
 
“Stop it. You are safe so just…”
 
He leaned back and continued,
 
“enjoy the ride.”
 
Kagome gulped and started to feel a bit more nervous as the van sped up. They were moving way faster then she remembered, but she looked over to Inuyasha who was glad to get out of there. He had not left the property for near 2 months. Kagome took a big breathe and looked out the window. Inuyasha looked over at her. She was very pretty looking today, but shivering a bit. He rolled his eyes and placed his hand on her shoulder. She looked quickly at him in surprise and he almost had a stern look, but gently said,
 
“Look, there is nothing to worry about. You used to ride in vans and cars every day, in fact you were about ready to drive.”
 
She understood most of what he said and took his words reassuringly. She gave him a small smile and looked out the window. She was still nervous, but for some reason, Inuyasha left his hand on her shoulder, which calmed her down quite considerably.
 
 
 
About an hour and a half later, they entered the Tokyo Metropolitan area. Inuyasha smiled and sighed,
 
“Home sweet home”
 
 
Kagome too had a strange feeling of familiarly. She looked out the window and around. There were A LOT of cars and people. Inuyasha heard her heart race a bit more and her eyes widened a bit. He smirked and scoffed. Just a few minutes later they entered the Zoo parking lot. Inuyasha's nose and ears twitched from the strange smells. The Zoo always had bugged him. Naturally as a dog hanyou, he still had animal instinct in a strange way. It was strange even to him. They drove to the entrance. Many people were here today, not just humans, but other humanoid Youkai enjoyed the zoo. Hostile or predator Youkai were not allowed, in fear of them eating some of the exhibits. It was strange. Youkai had to carry a “Civil Social card” to allow them to do certain activities, which was understandable. Inuyasha being an Inu Hanyou did not need one. Kirara, being Fire Cat Youkai, needed one. More harmless youkai like rabbit or otter youkai did not need one.
 
As they parked up front to unload, Inuyasha hopped out to help all the wheelchair patients out of the van. As usual the teenagers of the female species, mostly human, but some youkai, would stop to gawk. Inuyasha wasn't truly glamorous, unlike his older brother, Sesshomaru. Inuyasha was more rough and tumble, a bit shaggier, dirty. More of the preppier girls or cleaner girls didn't care for him…except those irresistible ears…
 
“Slowly, slowly”
 
Kirara ordered Miroku who controlled the lift's controls. Kagome was the last to get off. More people, who drove on their own, showed up. Each person had a chaperone, of course Inuyasha got suck with Kagome. He grumbled as he knew he'd have to wheel Kagome all over this stupid place. He sighed as he took her wheelchair. Kaede waved everyone to her.
 
 
“Here are maps and guides. Be sure to point out to each of your partners what each animal is. Meet back here at closing time.”
 
 
Inuyasha snatched a map from Kaede's hand and she eyed him. He gave a cocky smirk and wheeled Kagome in, while looking at the map.
 
“Dammit… “
 
Kagome looked up behind her in curiosity. He snapped,
 
“What are you looking at?”
 
She smiled and looked away. He sighed. If only she didn't look so cute today… but it wasn't just today. It seemed she was brainwashing him every passing day. Kagome looked around. There were a lot of people, but she heard strange sounds. Sounds that she's only heard on T.V. Then she saw a pretty blue bird in front of her with beautiful long flowers behind it. She pointed at it and made a vocalized sigh. He looked up to where she was pointing and blandly said,
 
“That's just a peacock”
 
She smiled at him then the bird. He noticed she had a glimmering look on her face. He decided to go the way of the peacock. She giggled in delight as they slowly walked side-by-side with the big, blue bird. Inuyasha gapped at her. That was the first time she had ever giggled. Then they entered the “Savannah” exhibit. She looked up to see animals in a pen. They looked like black and white horses. Inuyasha blandly said,
 
“Those are Zebras”
 
And like Kaede instructed, read off of the plaque. Kagome watched the animals gallop in the grass as they made strange tube-toned yipping noises. As they followed the exhibit, Inuyasha wheeled her animal-to-animal, reading off of the plaques, but eventually, even he began to get somewhat interested. They visited other regions and exhibits as well. And Inuyasha began to somewhat have fun. They went to the Primate House and watched the Ring-tailed Lemurs put on a hilarious show. Even Inuyasha gave a few smiles, but mostly his smiles were reactions to Kagome's. She giggled and laughed and look at him with glimmering, brown eyes. Inuyasha began to get a warm feeling as he watched Kagome smile and having fun.
 
 
After a few hours, they came acrossed the Lorikeet cage where people could buy food and go in there to hold and feed them. Kagome looked at Inuyasha with excited eyes. Her eyes trapped him until he broke it and rolled his eyes.
 
“Ok, Ok… but you can go in, I'll watch.”
 
He gave her the money and she grabbed to the wheels of her wheelchair and rolled herself over to buy the food, using her fingers to tell them how much she wanted. Inuyasha kept a close eye on her. She rolled herself in the middle of the cage and 6 other people went in with her. Inuyasha sat on a bench to keep an eye on her. No birds came to her. She looked to Inuyasha and he shrugged. All of a sudden, five birds landed on her. She giggled and fed them. One even on her head. She fed and pet them, laughing and giggling in delight, but she looked in the corner of her eye. Inuyasha was starring at her. He gapped at her as her glowing face and bright smile and laughter was surrounded by the colorful symphony of the colorful red, green, blue and yellow birds flew around her and perched on her, delightfully holding her hand out so they could nibble on the fruit and seed given to her. But he was surprised he didn't look away as she caught his eyes. He was mesmerized. She would laugh and play with the colorful birds and look at him, with a look on her face like of passion and flirtation with red cheeks and shy smiles and gushes. He slowly got up and slowly walked to the cage to get closer view, slowly putting his hand up on the cage, Spellbound almost. He stood and exchanged looks with her. It all seemed dreamlike. Inuyasha lost focus that this was Kagome. Was this the girl he hated for so long? He watched how gentle and loving she was even just with the little birds. Then a look of disappointment came when she was out of food. He sighed and came around to the exit. She wheeled herself out and he smiled at her and she stopped beside him.
 
“Did you have fun?”
 
She was unfamiliar with him smiling at her. It made her a little nervous, but she nodded and he walked behind her and took over. They both kept silent till he continued touring her around the zoo. They'd sneak looks at eachother. Inuyasha noticed her burette was falling out and it sent shivers up her spine as he placed it back in. Her hair was so silky and smooth. He gulped as he finally finished and they continued on their trek.
 
 
In the middle of the “Asia” exhibit, amidst a forest of bamboo, near a food stand, Inuyasha sat to rest, Kagome watching the Bengal Tigers. The smell of Tigers drove him nuts, but he sat there and tried to concentrate on Kagome's scent… Which smelt better. He then felt nature call. A restroom was right near by. He looked at Kagome who intently watched the tigers. He didn't want to leave her alone, but he couldn't take her with him. He leaned over to her and said,
 
“Stay here, ok? I'll be back in a moment.”
 
She looked at him and nodded, unaware that they were being watched. After Inuyasha got up to jog over to the bamboo Entrance of the men's restroom, 3 guys came over to her and one sat by her.
 
“Hello. What is your name?”
 
Kagome looked at him with confused eyes, but continued to watch the tigers.
 
“Mine is Kouga. You know you are very pretty.”
 
She looked at him, her cheeks a little red, but she got nervous. He was clearly youkai with his pointed ears and wolf tail. She gave him a quick nervous smile then looked over to the bathroom, wanting Inuyasha to come out now.
 
“Why don't you talk to me?”
 
Then his friend with a mohawk told him,
 
“Kouga, look at the back of her wheelchair.”
 
He smirked as he read it,
 
“So you are with those Yukiyama retards, ne?”
 
She shot him a look that could kill.
 
“Ah, you don't speak, but you have spunky. You're coming with me.”
 
Kagome panicked as Kouga got behind her and started to wheel her away. In a last attempt, with all the training in walking she's done everyday, it wouldn't hurt to try. She quickly, but wobbly got out of her chair and ran just about 12 ft before she lost her balance and fell. They laughed at her as Kouga kneeled by her and asked,
 
“Ambitious aren't we?”
 
He reached to pick her up. She panicked and panicked, she closed her eyes and squeaked lightly,
 
“Inu…yasha...Inu…”
 
They laughed at her again.
 
“Now you're trying to say something… what?”
 
Then Kouga reached out for her again
 
 
 
Inuyasha finally was done and washing his hand when his eyes twitched at the sound of a small cry,
 
“Inuyasha! Inuyasha!”
 
 
“I know that voice… oh no… KAGOME!”
 
 
He sped out of the bathroom to see 3 men surrounding Kagome. One had her wheel chair and the one with the ponytail started to lift her into his lap, Kagome crying Inuyasha's name. He didn't know what came over him, but like lightning, he slammed the other two into the bamboo and grabbed the one that that was by Kagome and slammed him up against the wall.
 
“Who the hell are you… Why do you have your dirty hands on her?”
 
Kagome lay on her stomach, propped up on her hands, Inuyasha looked back at her. Her elbows and palms were bloody from falling. He noted the distance from her wheelchair, but returned to the guy that almost kidnapped Kagome.
 
 
“You son of a bitch, what did you do to her?!”
 
The cocky wolf youkai smirked and said,
 
“What's it to you inu-koro?”
 
“What'd you call me?!”
 
“You heard me…”
 
Then Inuyasha punched him. The two began to scuffle as Kagome crawled over to the wood fence and lifted herself so she could stand and lean on it. The scuffle was short as Kouga pushed him and said,
 
“This is useless. But this is not over!”
 
Inuyasha picked himself up and stood in front of Kagome to protect her. His sense of protection was strong. Kouga scoffed then winked at Kagome. Inuyasha began to growl. Kouga huffed as he and his two lackeys turned around and left. Inuyasha sighed and turned around,
 
“Are you O...”
 
“INUYASHA!”
 
Kagome flung herself from the fence into him, grabbing him around his neck and she began to sob into his chest. Inuyasha froze. He stood stiff and stiffly said,
 
“I'm glad you are ok…”
 
Kagome continued to sob and shiver. Inuyasha felt like an ass. He gently wrapped his arms around her and sighed,
 
“I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you.”
 
He held her close to calm her down, which worked. She began to calm down. Inuyasha lifted her up and walked slowly to her wheelchair.
 
“Did you really run that far?”
 
She nodded and he said,
 
“Wow…nice.”
 
She slightly smiled and He looked into her eyes, which were still wet from crying. He didn't know where it came from. He didn't even realize he said it until he did,
 
“I'm sorry…I won't ever leave you alone again.”
 
She looked at him in shock, her eyes shimmering. He had never said anything so sweet… or in a sweet tone.
 
He gulped and looked away and said in a fake anger, pouted voice,
 
“Come on… let's just go.”
 
He gently put her in her wheel chair and they quietly continued.
 
 
On the ride home, Kagome was leaned over on his shoulder, asleep. He gave her a warm smile and leaned his head on her's and too fell asleep. When they got back to the home, everyone looked in surprise.
 
 
“Finally”
 
Kaede said. Miroku and Kirara smiled as well.
 
 
 
 
Kagome cringed as Inuyasha sprayed more Bactine on her elbow. He blew on it to sooth the pain. It was very quiet. Inuyasha delicately handled her arms and hands, finally he said,
 
 
“I'm sorry I left you alone like that. This wouldn't have happened if I would have waited just a little longer. I…”
 
He felt Kagome lay a hand on his shoulder and he looked up to her warm smile. He stared until he cleared his throat and finished up.
 
“There. Now get some sleep, training begins again tomorrow.”
 
She looked a little sad as he got up. As he was about to shut off her light he heard,
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
He looked in at her smiling face as she sat up in bed, her eyes shimmering. In a soft, warm tone she said,
 
“Thank you.”
 
 
He looked shocked for a moment, but smiled back and said,
 
“Goodnight”
 
and he turned off the light. Kagome smiled and settled down in her bed, feeling safe knowing Inuyasha was always around.
 
>>>>>><<<<<<<<>>& gt;>><<<
A/N: Hehehe. Sorry it took so long, but my family is annoying and won't let me on the comp barely at all anymore. I finally met a few goals of mine. Sorry, I hate making Kouga a bad guy like that, but it was an important event. Hopefully it'll get a bit “fluffier” now the dislike is basically broken… now it's more starting fresh. But that last part was really nice since I had some mood music. I was playing the piano version of Peter Cetera's “Glory of Love”. It really set it. But till next time, Kudos!