InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Rose Colored Lenses ❯ The Morning After ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha is NOT MINE!!!!!!!! He belongs to Rumiko Takahashi

P.S. I HAVE NO $$$$$ SO DON'T SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Through the Rose Colored Lenses

CH.10

By Sailor Scribe

The scent of eggs, bacon and sausage brought Inu Yasha to life as Kagome put the tray in front of him. She was wearing his shirt, which reached her knees. "It looks good on her." Inu Yasha concluded. "Mmmm, breakfast in bed. What do I owe this wonderful surprise?" Inu Yasha smiled as Kagome slipped into bed with him.

"Nothing, really. I just thought," she snuggled his neck, "that since Souta is not home," she nibbled on his jaw line, "Shippo is out with your father," she slid her hand across his belly, "and we got the house all to ourselves," she took a hold of his hand, "we could thumb wrestle." Inu Yasha grabbed her fingers and chuckled bringing his lips upon hers. He was again surrounded by that female scent she emitted.

"Do you want to thumb wrestle, or do you want to wrestle?" He whispered into her ear with mischief lacing his words.

"Why do you think I brought up the food?" She smiled as she began to caress one of his ears. He growled low in pleasure.

"I knew there was a reason I married you."

"Nooooo!" With a large thump, Inu Yasha's rear end met the floor. His legs were intertwined with the sheets and sweat drenched his face and back. "Only a dream-only a dream…" He took a deep breath as the sun's rays raced into the room. His heart beats were like a drum singing an old war song, and his mouth was dry. "It was only a dream!" He covered his face with his hands closing his eyes, but only succeeded in seeing Kagome slipping into bed with him. "I need coffee!" He concluded as he banished the thought.

"Mmmmmm, coffee!" Kagome followed her nose into the kitchen blindly stumbling over a chair. Mechanically she poured herself a cup, chocked it up, and for the first time that day, opened her eyes. "Good coffee," she whispered through tears. Inu Yasha raised his eyes to see her and laughed. She poured cream and sugar into her coffee and served Inu Yasha another cup. "Coffee in the morning…a girl could get used to that." She smiled. "How about I repay you with eggs, bacon and sausage?"

Inu Yasha blushed and looked away. "Pancakes," he choked.

"I can make pancakes too." Kagome moved away unaware of Inu Yasha's eyes following her every move. He noted she was wearing the same thing as yesterday, as she stretched to pull out a box of pancake mix from the covert. "She looked better in my shirt-bad thoughts! Bad thoughts!" Inu Yasha banged his head with his fist trying to get the dream out of his head.

"Everything ok?" She turned to him, who quickly pretended he was scratching his head.

"Yeah."

"Flees?"

"Well, you got the cat." She frowned at him and for the first time noticed he was staring at something.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing." She approached him like a lioness stalking her prey.

"It doesn't look like nothing to me." She looked at him with an impish smile on her face. His heart began the old war song as she turned the album towards herself. Her smile softened to a more gentle state but without losing its effect on his heart. Her scent raced towards him once again and he found himself growling low in pleasure. "He is a doll, isn't he?" She turned to Inu Yasha only to see a red tint to his normally golden eyes. "Ok, maybe doll isn't the right word, but he is definitely something else. Either that, or I'm better than I thought." Kagome concluded as she returned the album to him. She returned to her cooking, a little self-conscience, now aware that the hanyou's eyes were fixed upon her.

"Mmmm, bacon…would be nice to wake up to that smell every morning. That smell and hers…No! Bad thoughts! Bad thoughts! Where the hell are they coming from?" Inu Yasha growled and turned again to the pictures. He forced himself to concentrate on the pictures and not the bare legs in front of him. "Damn, one dream and I lose it! What's wrong with me?" Without realizing it, he said the second part out loud.

"I don't know, but I am curious to find out. Are you usually this jumpy in the morning, or did someone forget to get his ears scratched last night?" He growled in response.

"You don't want to know." He quickly imagined how many sits she would give him if she would ever find out what he dreamt with the night before.

"Try me." She said holding a plate of bacon under his nose before slowly pulling away. His stomach slowly began to growl.

"Traitor." He whispered before hitting it lightly. Kagome took a slice and with exaggerated pleasure moaned,

"Mmmm, crunchy." His stomach growled again as he licked his lips, only the smell of the bacon registering in his brain. He did not realize he had spoken until the words left his mouth.

"I had a dream we were married." At the slight pause, he brazed himself for the impact of all the sits that he was going to face. Her laughter caught his attention.

"Is that all?" She smiled putting the plate of food in front of him. "I once dreamt that I was getting married to my bold elementary principal. There is nothing wrong with that." She began to laugh harder. "Is that the thump I heard this morning?"

"You're not mad?" He looked at her with incredulous eyes as she returned to the scrambled eggs.

"No. Do you want cheese with your eggs, or just ham?"

"Just ham. Are you sure?"

"Look, I have a friend, Marie, and she could sit here and interpret that dream from here until next Tuesday and tell you that everything, from the color of your clothes to the time of day it was, means something, but nothing means what it seams. Then I have another friend, Cat the psychiatrist, and she will analyze that dream and explain it's your subconscious trying to tell you something. Then there is me, who will sit here, laugh and tell you that the only reason you're having weird dreams is because you drank 8 cans of Sierra Mist before bed." She began to laugh again. "You and me married…how long before we blew the house up." This time, he joined her.

"Probably never got around to consummate the marriage because we were to busy fighting…" He laughed feeling relieved.

"You mean we actually agreed on a wedding date!" Kagome put the eggs and sausage on the table.

"Food…" Souta zombied into the kitchen. "Sugar Puffs…" He went to the covert.

"We're having eggs and pancakes, Souta."

"Syrup…." Souta turned on his heels and went for the refrigerator.

"Grab the butter too." His sister ordered. Inu Yasha just smiled and looked once again at the picture of Shippo's big love sick eyes staring at the camera.

"You are good." Inu Yasha said surprised.

"Thanks, but you haven't tasted it yet. Orange juice or Sierra Mist?"

"Sierra Mist!" Souta answered.

"You are having O.J." His sister replied.

"Coffee's just fine." Inu Yasha turned to the next picture of Shippo winking at the camera as he shook his stuff in a kid's tux. A sudden thought crossed his mind. "Hey, that line you say to Shippo…the one to get him to laugh when you're taking his picture..."

"Give me some sugar, baby?"

"Yeah…you took that from the movies we watched last night!"

"Yes I did, and Mr. My-Stomach-Sounds-Like-A-Garbage-Disposal, you haven't touched your food." Kagome replied as she joined them at the breakfast table.

"Sorry, I was a bit distracted…these are really good." Inu Yasha continued as he placed a mouthful of eggs in his mouth. Suddenly he was torn. Did he continue to admire the pictures, or did he devour is breakfast.

"You just noticed that I can take pictures! Kami, Inu Yasha, we've only been working with each other, what, a month?" She began to play with the jewel that hung at her neck. This was becoming a habit every time he annoyed her.

"I just never took time to examine the picture, just if the composition had been right. These are really artistic. Take this one," Inu Yasha pointed to one where Shippo looked sad at the camera, "look how the shadow falls lightly over half his face making him look like he's hiding, and the eye that isn't shadowed over is all glassy, like he's going to cry. You must have tried five hundred times to get it right."

"Actually, that's a one shot deal."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I got my finger caught in the flash." Kagome laughed at his sudden surprise. It took him a second to realize that she was joking.

"How do you do it?" Inu Yasha now turned to his tepid food with interest. "I can never get those shots without wasting twenty rolls of film."

"I spend half the time ready to take the picture, looking at life through rose colored lenses. When life seems picture perfect, I capture it with my camera. That was one shot, and the finger technique I learned my first semester of photography. It was my first time with a manual camera, and I didn't realize that my finger accidentally got in the flash. It got me an A in the class, so I'm not complaining." Inu Yasha laughed as he poured more syrup over his pancakes. "But don't sell yourself short. Your pictures are amazing too. Everything looks so glamorous, so sexy, so…naughty." He looked up at her in surprise. "Makes you just want to be in the picture."

"That's why they sell so well. But they are not art."

"But you are not in the art business. You are in the selling business."

"Thank heavens for that! Can you imagine my temper if I had an artistic license?" They both laughed as Souta watched over them with a small smile on his lips.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

"How about 'CraziAznGurl?'" Seshomaru pitched to his father.

"I kind of liked 'Hyper Chica' better!" Kagura protested.

"I can see our competition, 'depressed-girl.'" Sesshomaru laughed.

"Children, we need a name for our new magazine. Can we concentrate? Inu Yasha, what do you have for me?" Inu Shantino turned to his youngest son, but in return he just stared into space. Inu Shantino just sighed and removed a heavy Lunar Kitten doll his granddaughter had given him for such occasions.

"Hey!" Inu Yasha rubbed his head. "Why did you throw me that damn Luna doll again?"

"You deserved it. Remind me to thank Rin for it later."

"Damn. Sesshomaru, your kid needs to find a new anime to obsess over." Inu Yasha complained.

"Any ideas for the magazine, brother?" Sesshomaru growled at the mention of his daughter.

"Magazine?"

"The new magazine we are promoting for girls ages 12 through 15…" His father growled.

"Ah, yeah how about 'Queeney?'"

"Are you even trying?" Sesshomaru growled.

"Oh, hush!" Kagura protested.

"Hush? That's it! 'Hush' is perfect. Sexy, mysterious, sounds like we're sharing a secret or gossiping with them. Kagura, run the focal group and art with 'Hush', 'Chica' and 'Queeney.'" Inu Shantino smiled as his youngest boy folded his arms across his chest in defiance. After Kagura left, he turned to him, eyeing Sesshomaru to remain quiet. "What's wrong Inu Yasha? I know you hate these meetings, but you're usually not this far gone."

"Keh!"

"Young hanyou, I am still your father, and if I wanted to, I could still lay you across my knee and give you a good spanking. Don't you dare use that language with me!" Sesshomaru chucked and his father turned to him. "And that goes for you too." Both brothers visibly paled. "Inu Yasha?"

"What does it mean when a woman's scent changes?"

"You mean, she went into heat?" Sesshomaru asked.

"No, it wasn't heat, or illness, or pregnancy, or anything like that! It's weird…like she suddenly started smelling more female."

"May I know who you are talking about? Not one of my granddaughters, I hope."

"No, no. You don't know her. She is the new photographer…you know, Sesshomaru's prodigy girl."

"Don't be jealous because I discovered her first!"

"Hey if it wasn't for me, you would have lost her to another company!" Inu Yasha growled.

"Boys!" they both sat back in their seats and faced their father.

"She smells more female, and what does that smell do to you?"

"Huh?"

"How does it make you react?" Inu Shantino elaborated.

"It makes me calm and relaxed, but nervous and anxious at the same time." Inu Yasha answered while he played with his thumbs.

"I remember when Kagura's scent changed like that." Sesshomaru interrupted.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I married her the next day!" Sesshomaru smiled.

"How can you consider that thing that happened with the Elvis priest a marriage! Houshis do not go around dressed like Elvis for a living!" Inu Shantino interrupted.

"Wait, what is fluffy saying?" Inu Yasha stood up leaning against his father's desk.

"I told you never to call me that!" Sesshomaru stood up growling.

"Sit!" Both brothers retook their sitting position.

"Inu Yasha, you're a dog demon. You find mates by their scent. You probably didn't notice with Kikyo because the two of you were together constantly. The change in scent occurs when your chemistries have a chance to blend and become one. It is very gradual, and continues to the end of your time together. You spend two nights with her, that was probably enough to initiate the biological reaction. Her body is right now trying to see if you will be a strong enough male to produce good pups."

"Keh, like you can get much stronger than an Inu hanyou." Inu Yasha smiled.

"On the good side," Inu Shantino sighed, "this isn't feudal Japan. You don't have to worry about her scent overpowering you and sending your youkai blood into a frenzy causing you to mark her by force. Women today wear lots of scents from laundry detergent to perfume. I am sure you can remain in control."

"But, that scent overpowered the rest…" Inu Yasha visibly worried at the thought of hurting the young miko.

"Don't worry…it's not like you're dreaming of mating her." Sesshomaru laughed as his brother's heart skipped a beat.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Inu Yasha, I need your help."

"Not now, Miroku." Inu Yasha walked past Miroku and into his favorite restaurant.

"Table for one?" A friendly waitress asked with a sugar candy smile.

"No two." Miroku protested. Inu Yasha just growled in annoyance.

"Right this way." She led them to a corner booth.

"Anything to drink?"

"Sierra Mist for me and water for my friend…no lime or ice!" Inu Yasha glared at Miroku. The young girl just smile and left.

"You are so cruel, Inu Yasha!"

"I said I wanted to have lunch by myself!"

"But this is a matter of life and death!" Miroku protested. They were sitting at Fire of Ice, one of the hottest restaurants that graced the city's nightlife.

"Hi, my name is Yami, and I'll be your server. Are you ready to order?" She asked as she placed their drinks in front of them."

"Yeah, I'll have the NY Steak Special, and Fatty will have a Tuna Fish Club…from the kid's menu." Inu Yasha added glaring at Miroku.

"That is so cruel" Miroku protested.

"Keh, like I don't know that I'm paying for it!"

"But I'm allergic to fish!"

"Keh, that should be fun to watch! What do you want anyway?"

"I have a major problem!"

"What?"

"Sango agreed to go on a date with me tonight!" Inu Yasha looked up.

"I would think that you would be doing back flips of joy, not acting as if someone put an air void in your hand!"

"You don't understand: she had a condition."

"You can't grope her?"

"Besides that…she said it has to be a double date with Kagome." Inu Yasha coughed up his Sierra Mist.

"No, oh, hells no!"

"But if I ask one of my other friends…"

"You have other friends?"

"Yes, the ones from college…if I ask them, well, Kagome will spend the night smacking their hands, totally ruining the mood between Sango and me."

"So you want me to baby-sit?

"Just for the movie…afterwards you two get lost, and my charm will take over!"

"What charm?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, sir, but we are out of Tuna, so we just brought you the same as your friend." The waitress returned with the two plates. Enjoy.

"Keh!" Inu Yasha complained.

"The charm that got me this mea!" Miroku smiled. "Look, if you can't do it, then…I'll have to ask Hikagehi."

"Hikagehi? Are you crazy? Kagome isn't ready for the likes of him!" Inu Yasha growled as he bit into the raw steak.

"You or him my friend." Miroku smiled as he bit into his food. Kami-sama, he loved meat.

"Fine, but I pick the movie! None of those foreign love movies."

"Fine, but no anime…not even X."

"But X has been reviewed to be the best movie this year! They say that it has more explosions than an American Guy-flick!"

"And the girls won't like it!"

"I hate you!" Inu Yasha whined.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Another day of procrastination, another chapter. This isn't good! I slept through the last two days of my life, and I swear I wasn't going to update just yet, but Meche-Benz, whom we all love, was stressed. She needed something twisted (hence the intro to this chapter), so I added a little spice to the story. She just managed to make this story one chapter longer!!!!!!! Which is good, if you like reading it, bad if you are using it as an excuse to procrastinate.

I would like to take a moment to answer what has become a common question among my wonderful, lovely, can't find a fault with, reviewers. Am I a photographer? Well, I did take one semester of photography last year, and I am the photography editor for my yearbook, and I have a cool azz camera, but it is only a hobby. But I have been told (by the same people who think I can write) that I am pretty good! I am not half as good as I paint Kagome and Inu Yasha to be!!!!

Also, I wanted to promote some stories that I am really enjoying right now (go to my favorite story list to check them all out). Dead Famous by Rosefire is hilarious, and she updates like almost every three days! Definitely a must read! Ok, so all her work is a must read! She is one of my favorite authors here! Then there is Helping Hands by Windigo…Kagome a vet and Inu Yasha her patient, what is not to love. Finally, Temptation by Kanashi…lets just say it's juicy. I love them all!!!! Ok, now read and review.