InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Rose Colored Lenses ❯ Wedding Day: Solidifying Relationships ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Why do I have to write this? Inu Yasha wasn't mine at the beginning of this story. Why would he be mine now? I didn't win the Lotto…Ok, so I did, but $2 won't get me a good looking hanyou these days!

Through the Rose Colored Lenses

CH 20

By Sailor Scribe

Kagome carefully put the string of delicate pearls around her neck. Her mind was busy on the events that transpired a few days prior; busy with the woman, whose wedding she was getting dressed for.

"So you love Inu Yasha?" She had asked with a triumphant smirk worthy of the previously mentioned hanyou.

"I-I don't know…I care for him deeply, and he is important to me, but-but I don't know if it is that kind of love." Kagome's brain had been flooded with emotions it failed to rationalize that it still could not. "All I know is that I can fall in love with him, and if he were to decide that something better had come along…I-I don't know…how could I…" She had begun to cry then. She knew it was out of frustration, but tears were tears. She scolded herself as she put on the matching pearl earrings. Hadn't the point of avoiding the relationship been solely to prevent her from crying over him?

"Pathetic!" She scolded herself as she applied a light shade of pink lipstick. The part of her brain that dealt with propriety reminded her that she should be wearing at least eye shadow, as well. The slightly larger part that dealt with laziness told her not to bother. The reality was that she was exhausted, and as the photographer, she could get away with showing up in black pants and a shirt. Though, she would then risk Sango's wrath…perhaps eyeliner wouldn't hurt?

She sighed looking at her reflection, but failing to examine herself. Her mind had already drifted to Inu Yasha. Since the incident in the car, their conversations had been dry and short. He, a bit embarrassed, and she quite ashamed. She had admitted to herself, while talking to Kagura, that what she had said had been for her benefit, not his. The only reason she even considered the date with Hojo was to add distance between her and the hanyou, and now, Kagura's words kept ringing in her ears:

"Relationships are scary at times, but you owe it to yourself and to him to fully explore this new feeling. Don't be scared of experiencing something new, and even if it does end badly, at least you will know you tried your best and that you weren't a coward. It's like I always tell Inu Yasha: relationships are like roller coasters."

She gave a half-hearted giggle remembering the ordeal he had put her through because of those very words. Now, she was mid hill, knowing that the car would slowly move, but in what direction? Would it be a ride full of happy times towards to the top, or was it time to face the pit of hill?

"I hate weddings!" She sighed as she tried to concentrate on the task at hand. A knock at her door interrupted her. "This is not my day." Speaking in a slightly louder tone, "Come in."

"Hey…I need some help." Inu Yasha started before looking up. He could not help but admire the young miko in front of him. Her black hair was up in a French twist, while two lone strands framed her face. Her rosy lips had never looked more inviting, even if her skin was slightly paler than usual. He was taken aback by the backless yellow dress. Two straps forming at the waist came up and tied behind her neck, leaving an admirable slice of cleavage in its wake. It molded her waist and caressed her hips as it flowed like a thin bell to her ankles. Matching yellow sandals adorned her feet.

"With what?" He suddenly felt guilty at her tired words, but obediently pointed to his bow tie. This forced the young miko to notice his appearance as she walked to him, light dress moving sawing with her movements. His silver hair had been smoothed into a low braid. His muscular frame was adorned by a black tuxedo, making him look taller and more powerful. Standing there, confidence booming, bow tie untied, golden eyes looking directly at her, he could have passed for a Calvin Klein model.

She lethargically raised her hands to his neck, and he worriedly took them into his own. "Kagome?" Again, she failed to meet his eyes, but freed her hands and, with a sigh, made quick work of the black fabric.

"There, now you look like a prince."

"Only if you could be my princess." He whispered as he slipped his arms around her. Her cheeks reddened in color, having been days since he last flirted with her.

"See, it was a good thing I didn't put on blush." She thought to herself. "We are going to be late?" She reminded him. His arms tightened around her, realizing she was going to pull away.

"We still have a few minutes." He leaned down for a kiss, but she spoke before he could claim her lips.

"There might be traffic."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Long time no see, cousin." A dark figure emerged from the shadows of Kagura's bedroom holding a simple white veil.

"Yura! You came!" the bride to be smiled as she rushed to hug the unannounced guest.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"How did you manage it?"

"Told Naraku that I had an all day hair appointment." She laughed as she examined the tight low bund of hair Kagura was wearing. "Perfect." She whispered as she placed the veil on the bride's head, the white silk complimenting Kagura's strapless Western-style gown. "It was your mother's." The hair demon explained.

"Thank you. Oh, I have your dress. I know you usually like to show off your legs, so I had the gown designed with you in mind." Kagura removed a dark rose gown from her closet and had Yura try it on. The fabric twisted and turned forming her breasts, and then tightly clung to her torso and hips before dropping to her ankles. Yura smiled happily as she saw the slit on the right that reached her mid thigh.

"Is it appropriate for a bride's maid to show this much skin?"

"No, but it is for the maid of honor." The two women laughed and quickly returned to getting the bride ready for her day.

^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

Kagome sighed, for the hundredth time that day, as she quickly changed rolls; only this time it wasn't a sigh of sadness or desperation. The wedding had been a welcomed distraction. She had to remain on her toes as she swerved and maneuvered herself to catch every detail. She had barely had enough time to deal with the sudden wave of jealousy as she watched Inu Yasha walk down the aisle with a sultry woman on his arm, or how she kept seeing herself with Inu Yasha in front of Miroku saying their vows, instead of the youkai couple.

In retrospect, she was grateful to Sesshomaru for having picked Miroku as their priest. Who would have guest that, during his high school career, the well known pervert had been ordained a Buddhist priest? It was that oddity that helped her focus on her work and completely miss the coded looks the hanyou was sending her. Unfortunately, Miroku could offer her no help when it was time for the traditional dance. After the bride and groom had danced long enough to satisfy the guests, it was time for the best man and the maid of honor to join in on the festivities. Kagome had to take twice as many pictures of the two since, for some unbeknownst reason, Yura's head kept getting cut off.

"I hate that man." Kagome grumbled changing her film once again. LB approached her.

"Hey, the video is going great. Why don't you get one of the guys to take pictures of the guests, so you can eat? You haven't stopped all day."

"I'm not hungry, and you know how I am about trusting people with my camera. Besides, Inu Yasha is about to give his toast."

"May I have your attention?" On cue, the said hanyou stood up holding his Champaign flute. After all attention was on him, he began, "Those of you that know me best, know that I'm not very good with words, so I'm keeping this short and sweet. To my brother and my new sister, you don't know how lucky you are to find a person who returns your love. May your life together be long and happy. Cheers."

LB had to nudge Kagome or she would have missed the shot. She seemed transfixed by the demi-demon. It was then she decided that enough was enough. "I'm through with your games, Inu Yasha." Yura and Inu Shantino made quick work of their speeches, and Sesshomaru and Kagura cut the cake.

"Go eat!" LB ordered, but Kagome refused.

"The guests are about to dance; the loving couple is going to want pictures of that."

"Give the camera to LB; you are dancing with me." Kagome turned to face the demanding hanyou.

"Excuse me? Didn't anyone teach you to ask politely?" Kagome retaliated, and Inu Yasha was relieved to see the color returning to her face.

"Keh." He pulled her towards him, and she reluctantly gave up her camera. A few couples had already flocked to the dance floor as they waited for dessert. The band started to play "On Bended Knee," by Boys II Men. He lightly placed his hand on her hip and took her hand with the other. Lazily, she placed her hand on his shoulder as they began to sway with the music.

"I love this song." She whispered avoiding his eyes.

Darlin' I can't explain
Where did we lose our way
Girl it's drivin' me insane
And I know I just need one more chance
To prove my love to you
If you come back to me
I'll guarantee
That I'll never let you go

"Kagome, are you still mad at me?" The girl looked at him in surprise.

"Why would I be mad?"

"This past week…you haven't even looked at me." She relaxed into his arms.

"I'm sorry, Inu Yasha. I've had a few things on my mind…I didn't mean to take it out on you."

"So, you are not mad?"

"I'm not mad." He gave her his signature smirk before placing her other hand on his shoulder.

Can we go back to the days when our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee

"The question should be, are you mad at me?" Kagome asked avoiding his eyes once again.

"I don't think I could ever be mad at you." He whispered huskily into her ear, as he pulled her closer.

"So where does that leave us?"

"Huh?"

"Where do we stand, Inu Yasha? What are we?" She met his clouded eyes with her own uncertain ones.

So many nights I dream of you
Holding my pillow tight
I know that I don't need to be alone
I open up my eyes
To face reality
Every moment without you
It seems like eternity
I'm begging you, begging you come back to me

"Where do you want to stand?" He asked uncertainly.

"No Inu Yasha. I've played your game by every rule until now. You first. Where do you want to be?"

"Right here, holding you."

Baby, I'm sorry
Please forgive me for all the wrong I've done
Please come back home girl
I know you put all your trust in me
I'm sorry I let you down
Please forgive me

"I think I like it here, but I still don't know where here is."

Inu Yasha leaned in and kissed her lips lightly. "You know what I want, Kagome. But I still don't know where you stand."

"Where would you like me to stand?"

"It doesn't work like that. I won't force you."


Gonna swallow my pride

Say I'm sorry
Stop pointing fingers the blame is on me
I want a new life
And I want it with you
If you feel the same
Don't ever let it go
You gotta believe in the spirit of love
It can heal all things
We won't hurt anymore
No I don't believe our love's terminal
I'm down on my knees begging you please
Come home

"Inu Yasha…I can't do this anymore." The hanyou looked at her with fearful eyes. "This isn't me." He crushed her lips against his preventing her from speaking, but eventually they both needed to breathe.

"Inu Yasha…I can't do this no strings attached thing." She placed a finger on his lips when it seemed he would try to kiss her again. "I am a one-man-woman. My conscience won't let me be anything else…Inu Yasha, if you really don't want a relationship, I'm giving you a way out right now. Don't even dare to try to stay unless you want something serious with me!"

I'm going to build a new life

Start it with you and me,

I'm going to make you my wife,

plant a family

Inu Yasha took in her scent: nervous, frighten and expectant. She was there, and she was real. "Wench, don't you dare try to escape me." He growled into her ear. "You are mine." Delightful shivers ran down her back.

Can we go back to the days when our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee

"Only, if you are mine." Kagome whispered back, raising her head defiantly to meet his lips. His demon blood stirred in his veins, but he was not worried. It was only submitting to the miko before him, like her blood was submitting to him. "I think we should finish this in a more private place."

**********************************

"What's happening now?"

"She is leading him away from the dance floor."

"What are you two doing?" Yura asked the newly married couple.

"Keeping tabs on the new family…Sesshomaru, did it seem like they were fighting?"

"I can't tell from this angle." He answered, stepping from behind the cake. It was the only place he could spy on his brother without the hanyou noticing.

"Only one thing left to do." Kagura announced as she led the other two youkai towards the path the previous couple had taken.

"Miroku? Sango? What are you doing here?" Sesshomaru asked as they reached the door to his father's office.

"Inu Yasha and Kagome locked themselves in there."

"Don't you two usually have Kohaku do your dirty work?"

"The kids are all playing hide and seek in Inu Yasha's forest. There is no way to track them." Sango explained as Inu Yasha's growl was heard through the thick oak doors.

"I feel sorry for the miko." Yura announced.

"Don't be; they are speaking in code." Miroku explained. After Yura shot him a questioning glare, he decided to continue. "Here, let me show you."

"You are not speaking to Hojo again, and that's final!"

"See, what he really means is, 'I am threatened by this other male, and I would appreciate it if you reinforced my claim on you by limiting your contact with him.'"

"That's bull! I will talk to whoever I damn please!" Kagome's muffled words filtered through.

"And that means," Sango began "'I understand your feelings, but you must learn to trust me.'"

"Like hell you will!"

"And that means, 'Please Sweat heart.'" Miroku added.

"What gives you the right, you pig headed Dog!"

"Sorry honey." Sango offered.

"Bitch!"

"Love." Miroku translated.

"Sit!" They heard the crash and decided it was time to save the hanyou from himself.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kagome did not understand how things had gotten so out of hand. When she had suggested they finish their conversation in private, she was hoping they would openly speak of their emotions. "Inu Yasha, talk about his feelings? Who was I kidding?" She berated herself as she stared at the hanyou carved into the floor. She didn't even remember how Hojo had come up in the conversation, but he had been enough to cause friction between the two. "I'm his girlfriend for five minutes, and I am already sitting him. This isn't good."

The abrupt opening of the door caught her attention. "What is going on here?" Sango asked. "It sounded like someone was getting killed."

"More like neutered." Sesshomaru mocked his ailing brother as the other tried to stand.

"Bitch, what was that for?"

"I'm not a bitch!"

"What I think my dear friend is trying to say," Miroku quickly interjected, "is bitch as a female dog…a dog's mate."

"Inu Yasha, you can't boss me around like that…you ass!" She continued completely ignoring the priest.

"What she is trying to say," Sango soothed as she stepped closer to the seething hanyou, "is that she needs her space."

"Keh, I said no! Why are you so damn stubborn about it?"

"He really means…"

"Because you are not my father!" Kagome screamed over Miroku.

"No, I'm…"

"Inu Yasha!" Sesshomaru warned, but the hanyou was too far gone. He had been given a taste of Eden, and now she was refusing him seconds.

"Bitch!" he growled, "You are mine!"

"What he means…"

"Shut up Miroku!" The arguing couple screamed.

"What is going on here?" Inu Shantino growled as he entered his office. "There is a wedding reception outside and no bride! There are guests that need to be tended to! Why are you all in here screaming like banshees?"

"Sorry father." Sesshomaru began after a long moment of silence. The rest of the group was looking at the floor in shame, with the exception of Yura, who was still trying to figure things out, herself. Inu Yasha looked up at his girlfriend, who gave him a sad smile. He approached her tentatively as Sesshomaru made some excuse to his father. Unsure of his words, he kissed her lightly, causing her to blush a shade of crimson.

"Inu Yasha?" his father raised an eyebrow at him. This wasn't in the strategy they had developed earlier that week. The hanyou noticed carefully how the anger melted from the miko, though he knew the conversation was not over. At least, she was willing to drop it for now.

"Dad, Kagome and I…" All eyes turned to him, though he never moved his from the before mentioned girl's. "Kagome and I are officially exclusively dating."

"About time." The old grumbled as the rest of the group, with the exception of Yura, was performing their victory dance in their minds. "Now, can we get back to the festivities?"

"Kagome," Kagura summoned as they left the office. "I need to speak with you." She led them into her own office promising her husband that she would be with him shortly.

"I couldn't help but over hear part of the argument you had with Yasha a moment ago. Don't give me that look; half of the guests probably heard to. Listen, I want to give you a piece of advice on how to be a Morrimotto girlfriend that I learned as Sesshomaru's girl."

"Kagura, if you are going to tell me to be patient with him, I already know that, but he has to learn to trust me as well!"

"Kagome, did I ever tell you how I ended up in this house?"

"Somewhat."

"Well, I think it's time for the unedited version. It all started eight years ago, when I first began to intern with Sesshomaru…it was right after Naraku separated me from my daughter. He spent six years using her as black mail, forcing me to betray this family. The worst part was that in the mist of all the commotion, I had fallen in love with my husband…Tomorrow will be the two year anniversity of the day I left my house…

Kagura walked nervously into Sesshomaru's office, grateful that his back was towards her. What she had to do was difficult enough without seeing his beautiful sun-like eyes. She hated coming to his house. She didn't understand why they couldn't conduct business in the office on Sunday nights like they did during the week. She hated that house. It radiated with love. You felt it the moment you entered its gates: a happy family lived here. The one thing she could never have, and after tonight, the one man she could never see again.

He had started talking business the moment she stepped into his office. It seemed he could sense her better and better each passing day. She supposed it was a side effect of working side by side with someone for six years. With her head held high, she walked up to him and cut him off in mid-sentence by handing him an envelope.

"What is this?" He asked, surprised that she would interrupt his instructions on the possible acquisition of Microsoft.

"My resignation." Her voice wavered slightly.

"Your what?" Sesshomaru's face remained expressionless as usual, but there was something hidden in his eyes, a glint of fear.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you two weeks notice, but a family emergency has come up…"

"You mean your father has changed his mind about letting you work here!" He growled. "Has he finally caught on that you are slipping him valueless information?" Kagura's eyes shot up in surprise. "Nothing happens within my office that I am not aware of." He looked down at the paper. "I expected more of a fight from you." He explained as he ripped her letter in half. "I am not letting you go."

"You don't have a choice."

"Like hell I do!" Sesshomaru growled as he pinned her between himself and his desk. "And so do you."

"I don't. Sesshomaru, you don't understand…" Her eyes began to blur, but she faced him determinely. This was the man she loved after all. "He has my heart."

"What?"

"Seven years ago, I met a man…a man I thought loved me unconditionally…but after I found out I was pregnant, he realized he loved someone else instead." Sesshomaru growled low, unsure if it was at the knowledge she had been abandoned, or at the sadness in her voice. He was still trying to make sense of the word pregnant. He knew she wasn't a virgin, her scent gave that and the fact she hadn't been touched since he met her away, but she had not children. What had that bastard done to her?

"I was in denial for a long time, but I could only hide my scent for so long…the minute my father found out, he shipped me and my stepmother to France. There he had me committed, until I gave birth. My stepmother wanted me to take full responsibility for my daughter, but my father wanted to keep away the scandal." Tears began to roll down her cheeks, and Sesshomaru absently wiped them away with his thumbs.

"He had her killed and declared that she had died in labor to his second child."

"Kanna?"

"Is my daughter." She confirmed. Her undying devotion to her sister finally making sense to him. "And if I don't betray you, he will take her away from me completely."

"Kagura, you must know that he will always use her against you."

"I know. That is why tonight, I am giving him a fake folder on the Microsoft acquisition, and disappearing with Kanna. I'm going where he can't find us…Mexico for a few years…then maybe Canada. I'm sticking to small towns and stuff."

"You will suffocate. You can't live without your Starbucks."

"I need my daughter more than anything."

"I can't let you leave!" Sesshomaru growled.

"Stop! You will find another assistant, Sesshomaru, but I…I am not giving him the file or playing along, because I…I…" He kissed her passionately as he held her in place.

"Can't you tell I feel the same?" He whispered into her ear.

"But my father!"

"What about him?" Inu Yasha asked as he entered the room carefully examining Kagura's tearstained face. "He will find you."

"You heard?" she asked in fear.

"Hai, and there is no place you can hide from him. The best you can do is be protected from him, and they only place that could happen is here!" Inu Yasha declared.

"I agree." Sesshomaru flashed his brother a grateful glance.

"But Kanna."

"We'll get her out." Inu Yasha decreed.

"She has gone inside." Miroku stated.

"I can see that without binoculars." Sesshomaru growled as he watched his assistant enter her father's house. He waited for her to signal them from Kanna's window. He hated this wait. He should be in Inu Yasha's place. He should be the one to risk sneaking into the house and getting the child out, even if Naraku could detect his aura instantly. He would protect both mother and child even if they did not belong to him.

Kagura reached the young girl's bedroom, and from her wire, the boys could here the conversation. "Kagura! I'm so happy you came to see me." A small lifeless voice whispered.

"Kanna, who did this to you?"

"It was my fault…my chewing was annoying." The gravity of the girl's voice was surreal, as if she were really centuries old.

"He has no right!"

"He is our father."

"No! He is not your's…Kanna. I know this is difficult to understand. How would you like to get out of this house? Away from him?"

"Forever?" there was hope in her voice now.

"Would you like to come live with me?"

"Yes." Could that be happiness they were hearing in what had been a lifeless voice.

"Then, lets run away together…a friend of mines will come pick you up…you'll like him. He has dog ears." A few seconds later, Sesshomaru saw Kagura mark the girl's window. Inu Yasha was moving into position as Kagura confronted her father.

"This is the last job I do for you!" Kagura declared as she stormed the hanyou's office. She threw the folder on his desk.

"Then this was the last time you saw your daughter."

"This isn't the end! I am going to fight for custody, and when they see those bruises on her, there isn't a court in this nation that wouldn't give it to me!"

"That is if Kanna is still in Japan when you place your suit. I was thinking Greenland would be an adequate place for her training." He chuckled.

"Bastard!"

"No, that would be your daughter."

"I hope you burn in hell!" She turned to leave.

"You step out those doors, I can guarantee you, you will never see Kanna again…well at least not alive." Kagura turned towards him with all the color drained from her face.

"You're bluffing."

"Yes, I'm bluffing just like I was bluffing when I threatened to kill your mother."

"I'll see you in hell!" She turned and stormed out of the office and into her car, driving towards the van where Miroku and Sesshomaru where waiting. "Did it all go as planned?"

"As far as we could see." Miroku explained before they headed back to the mansion.

It was five in the morning when Naraku stormed into the Inu Youkai mansion. "Shantino! Return to me what is mine!"

"There is nothing here that belongs to you." The older youkai replied, as he notice his oldest son walking down the steps to join them. Hidden in the shadows he could see his youngest son prepare to rip the hanyou before him to shreds.

"My daughters…"

"You have one daughter, and she is under my protection." Sesshomaru glared.

"What are you rambling about?"

"I had Kanna's birth records corrected. You have only one daughter, and she does not wish to speak with you." Inu Shantino answered.

"How dare you? They belong to me!"

"No!" Sternly Kagura joined Sesshomaru by the steps hopping Naraku would miss the irratic beating of her heart. "We belong to no one."

"I will take this court."

"Take it; I'm sure if the court doesn't find a tape of you threatening to kill Kanna interested, I'm sure the media will." Inu Yasha bluffed from his corner. Naraku was cornered. Damn those Morrimotto.

"This isn't over!" he growled before he left.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Kagome whispered.

"I'm not. It showed me how wonderful this family is. They are loyal and protecting, and sometimes that nature forces them to become possessive. Inu Yasha is a perfect example. He will kiss Naraku's ass before he will allow any harm to come to you. His nature is dominant and possessive, but his heart is loyal. I know is hard, but when it comes to Hojo, you need to let him win."

"But that isn't right! I shouldn't be forbidden to speak to him because Inu Yasha is jealous."

"It's not only Inu Yasha…did you miss that all three Inu Youkai came to protect me. They work as a pack. They will all be watching you, caring for you…you must give in about Hojo for his sake…Besides, you don't have to stop talking to him. Just prove to Inu Yasha that the boy understands you are taken."

"I understand."

-----------------------------------------------------

"I'm proud of you son." Inu Shantino declared the minute Kagome was out of hearing range. "That is quite a catch you got there."

"Keh."

"How did she take the news about Kikyo." After a long silence, Inu Shantino turned to him, his left eye twitching. "You did tell her about Kikyo?"

"That happened fifty years ago!"

"That won't matter to her. Inu Yasha, if she finds out from someone else that you were previously married, you can kiss her good bye. And if she finds out that your wife was her previous incarnation…you can kiss your ass goodbye."

"Keh!"

"Don't grumble boy! I know it is difficult, but she needs to know, and she deserves to hear it from you.

?????????????????????????????????

It was dark when Sota and his friends returned to the party. They had all gotten dirty from playing in the dirt, but it was worth it. Truth and Dare was definitely more fun without parents around. Granted he had been forced to kiss Kanna, but seeing Kohaku awkwardly kiss Rin was worth it. Poor Shippo, the mention of kissing a girl kitsune had sent him running away screaming "she has cuties!" The girl wasted no time in tackling him to the ground and planting a wet sloppy kiss on his cheek. The poor boy cried for an hour.

Now they managed to get back to their dying party to see Sango holding a bouquet of torn flowers, which matched her dress perfectly. "What happened sis?"

"Some idiot challenged her claim to the bouquet." Kagome explained.

"Who?"

"My aunt Thelma from the States." Inu Yasha answered.

"The four hundred pound woman?" Kohaku's eyes widen.

"Kohaku!" His sister reprimanded.

"She is more like six hundred." Inu Yasha informed as Kagome hit him lightly. "She is!"

"My girl made me proud today." Miroku joined the group, his black eye swelling.

"What happened to him?" Kohaku asked.

"He tried to get fresh when putting the guarder on your sister." Inu Yasha explained.

"Then he deserved it!"

"But it was worth it." Miroku sighed. "Come on, the car is ready. Inu Yasha?"

"No. Sesshomaru is lending me his car. Thanks anyhow."

"What's wrong with your car, Inu Yasha?" Sota asked as he jumped into the titanium silver 2004 760LI Series 7 BMW.

"The breaks were acting up…I'm getting them checked tomorrow." He answered as he buckled a sleeping Shippo into his Safety Booster.

"How is your brother getting to the airport then?" Kagome asked as she loaded her equipment into the trunk.

"The flight was delayed…they will probably take the limo."

"I told you we should have taken my car." She scolded lightly.

"Keh!" He complained, but not before stealing a quick kiss. They drove off in silence as Sota also fell asleep in the backseat. Inu Yasha turned the on the radio to find it tuned into Britney Spears.

"The girls?" Kagome asked.

"My brother." He replied as he found an alternative station. "You tired?"

"Yes."

"You?"

"Nothing I can't handle." They turned left onto the main road.

"May be we should have taken your father up on his offer and spent the night."

"So he could start planning our wedding? No thank you."

"He took the news well."

"Because somehow he knew before we did. It is scary how that man is able to get information sometimes. Damn!"

"What?"

"I left my cell phone in my old room."

"You'll get it tomorrow."

"Yeah, but if I got any messages today, I would have missed them."

"What message could possibly be that important? Besides you can call your voicemail from the house."

"True…I just feel naked without it." Kagome laughed as she notice a black car coming down the road ahead of them.

"Inu Yasha…isn't that the car…" She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence. The other car had dived towards them, forcing Inu Yasha to swerve off the road and into an old tree. The airbags expanded instantaneously as the car was filled by the screams of its four passengers. The front of the car resembled a broken accordion: smoke and steam floating from the engine, metal folded into itself as if it were silk, and four lifeless figures on leather seats.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The queen of cliff hangers is back, hahahahaha!

As you can see, car accidents are very prevalent where my stories are involved. In fact, you guys should take precautions too. You probably shouldn't read my stories while driving…come to think of it, you shouldn't be reading and driving at all! Stop that, or you'll end up like our heroes.

This is probably the last update for ten days…I guess that makes this cliffhanger twice as bad. Anyhow, thank Meche Benz for pulling an all nighter with me. Also, wish her well; she will be on a plane to Cali tomorrow. That means…the room is all mine! Inu Yasha style party!

Question for the fates:

How is it that Meche proof reads my work, watches me post it, reviews immediately, but yet is never the first reviewer for a chapter? Dark forces are at work!

PS This was ready two nights ago, but I haven't been able to update.

I guess it was a blessing in disguised because I realized I was about to make a huge mistake. Now corrected, you guys get 21 pages of goodness, and Meche Benz has a section she didn't get to correct. This is usually the part she rolls her eyes at me and tells me which number revision I am making.

Now that I was able to get my reviews, I noticed some of you complained that they are getting together to fast. To that I say…it took 20 chapters. I know it seems too clean, but it isn't. Some of you have noticed that a few things have gone unaddressed, like Kikyo. Things will boil, but right now they are enjoying the attraction. Remember, they have also known each other for 3 months, dated for 1. It is now the end of August. For the last month or so, they have also lived together, which forces people to get to know each other much faster. And remember, time is relative! Conflict is sure to come.