InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Weird Happenings ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey! Still checking for reviews. But I still only have 2 reviews. Is anybody else going to review!? Onegai, review and I will be eternally grateful. Flames allowed I guess. I need an honest critic anyway. Oh yea, and in the last chapter I made up Kagome's birthday, only because I wasn't sure when it was. So I just picked my birthday. Hint, hint: You can send me birthday cards then!

Disclaimer: This applies too all chapters I have made in the past, present and future. I do not own Inu Yasha so deal with it.



*Chapter Six: Weird Happenings*


If I stayed any longer at her house it'd have been a sleepover! Damnit! I oversleep too much. And now grandpa is gonna give me a hard time. I went downstairs after I got ready for school to find grandpa sitting patiently at the table, staring intently at me. "Feh." I didn't want to have to deal with him so early in the morning so I opened a cabinet and grabbed a pop tart. Grandpa started grinning maliciously, "You came home late last night. From the shine next-door." I groaned impatiently, "So what? I didn't do anything if that's what your dirty mind is thinking. I just dropped her off because she got really upset, and I fell asleep. That's all." Grandpa smiled, "Okay then. Just next time, have somebody call when you're going to be 'sleeping over'." I rolled my eyes. God, gramps can be annoying.

I opened the door and shivered. Snow was blowing through with icy cold wind. It was even hard to shut the door. I opened the closet and grabbed a big black trench coat. I shouldn't wear it, I've been stopped by cops a few times when I did. I got let off when they saw I was clean but, it's really just too much trouble. But today is too cold to just wear a sweatshirt. Wait, there wasn't any forecast for snow for a while. Oh well.

I went back out side and flipped up the collar of my coat so it covered my cheeks. They were stinging from the freezing temperature. I jogged up to Kagome's house so I wouldn't get buried under the snow. As I was coming up the steps, Kagome opened the door in a big coat, and today she wore thick stockings. I walked up to her and yelled so my voice could be heard over the wind, "Do you think there's school today?" Kagome shook her head and yelled back, "I don't think so, but mom says I should go check since the power's out and we can't check the radio." I nodded, "I'll come too."

I swear, my ears could have fallen off in the cold. The snow was already two feet deep! We trudged through the snow for a half an hour just to see the school yard empty and lights out. I heard Kagome mumble, "Oh great..." I grinned. Her cheeks and nose were really red. She's really hot.

"Two large hot chocolates please." Kagome came back to the table with the steaming cups in her hands. She gave one to me. We had stopped at a small cafe near the school. We had to get warmer before we went home or we'd freeze. I grinned, "We can't go back out there. Maybe we should wait until the storm blows over. It can't last forever." Kagome sighed and shrugged, "Yeah. There's a lot of snow already, so it might stop soon. I'll call my mom's cell and let her know." She opened a small pocket in her huge, patched, yellow bookbag and flicked open her cell phone. She pressed a few buttons and put the phone to her ear, "Grampa? Is mom there?... Oh, could you tell her that school's out so I'm going to stay in a cafe with Inu Yasha until it blows over... Okay, thanks Grampa... Fine, I'll get you your double-mocha latte when I head back. Bye." She hung up the phone and put it back in her bag. She groaned in frustration, "Grampa always asks for that latte!" I laughed, "I'm gonna have to get one for my grandpa too."

"Three hours and it's still snowing!? At this rate, we'll all be snowed in!" God, I can't take it anymore. We've been in here for such a long time and we're getting snowed in. But how? The forecast didn't say anything about a blizzard. I mean, if it snowed for a little bit then that's okay, you can't really detect that, but a whole blizzard!? Something's going on. The other nine or ten customers were all on their cell phones calling home and the waiters and cashier were giving away coffee and hot chocolate to try and keep the panic down. It was dark outside, the clouds were black. Black clouds in a snowstorm? Then the power went out. Everything was dark. Some of the girls there clung to their boyfriends i fright. Why? It was only a little dark. Then I felt Kagome hug my arm. I couldn't see her, but from the way she wouldn't let go, I could tell she was scared too. I held her and whispered, "It's okay. The power went out that's all, we'll be okay." But boy was I wrong.

Next thing I knew, we were all on the floor. Everybody was screaming for help. The ground was shaking. An earthquake? At this time of year? It's impossible! Then I was jerked out of my thoughts when Kagome shrieked into my ear. I got up carefully and walked towards the door. I pulled hard, and after a while of trying to open the door properly and failing I kicked it open. I yelled, "Everybody, get out and take cover!" A few of the guys got up and one girl did and they ran outside. Others were still too scared to get up. I ran up to them one by one and picked the, up, telling them to get the hell out of here. It was dangerous. The street outside didn't have a lot of buildings so it would be safer outside than to be inside so a building could crumble on top of you. After the last person was out I looked around. Just me and Kagome. I picked up Kagome and helped her onto my back, "We gotta get outta here! We'll be crushed!" So I ran. The snow made it a lot harder to move. It was about three and a half feet deep now, and getting deeper. At least all the other people were a safe distance from any buildings and trees now. My legs hurt, and they were getting numb from the cold. I gasped for air, and it stung at my throat. The air was too cold. I collapsed and Kagome fell next to me. She was unconscious. Damn, if she keeps on sleeping she'll freeze to death! I took off my trench coat and tried to wrap Kagome in it as best as I could from my position. I panted for air. I was tired and cold. Everything was getting darker. I closed my eyes and let the cold take me.

"Hmmm...? Ugh..." I tried to lift my hand to my head so I could massage my aching head, but I couldn't. "Don't try moving now boy. You can't until the frostbite's gone." I could barely turn my head as I glanced over to see Grandpa, "Gramps? What happened, where am I?" Then realization hit me, "Where's Kagome!? Is she alright!?" Grandpa smiled, "She'll be okay in a while. Your trench coat saved her life. She would have frozen to death. Anyway, the two of you are in the hospital." He pointed to a curtain next to my bed, "She's over there sleeping." I leaned back into the pillows again, "Good. How long have I been here anyway?" Grandpa said, "Two days. And you have pretty severe frostbite on nearly you whole body. But the doctors said you'd recover in time. Just rest and you'll get better in no time." I sighed, "Fine. I'm tired. I'm just going to sleep now." I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

"Inu Yasha... Inu Yasha... You need to have another check-up..." I slowly lifted my head, but immediately leaned back. Then pain in my whole body was ten times worse than it was before. I yelled in pain before I could hold it back. The doctor held me down and his voice sounded worried, "Inu Yasha, you can't try to move now, It'll hurt you too much." I scrunched up my eyes. It hurt everywhere, damnit! "I know that already!" The doctor pushed the assistance button and said, "Relax, I've got to check you're blood pressure and then we have to run a few tests." He tried to lift my arm but the pain jolted through, "AAAGH!" The doctor bit his lip in worry and frustration. What was wrong with me? Why does it hurt so much!? Just then three nurses rushed in. One of them asked, "Dr.Katayama, what is it this time?" The doctor shook his head, "I need anesthetics quickly. He can't function at all with the pain. And he's burning with fever. I need some fever reducer as well." The nurse ran out of the room to fetch the medicine. I groaned as the pain continue to course through my body. Then I heard Kagome's voice, "In.. Inu... Yasha? Inu Yasha?" The doctor turned his head in the direction of the curtain that separated Kagome and me from each other. He ran towards the curtain and pulled it open. Kagome lay there with bandages wrapped around her arms, the blanket pulled up to her stomach. I could see the black and purple splotches on her face and hands from being exposed to the freezing temperature for a long time. She smiled at me and I smiled back. She was okay. Now I didn't have to worry so much. I forgot about my frostbite and I tried to sit up. I screamed again and I blacked out.

~All I can see is black. Where did Kagome go? She was in the bed right next to mine. Suddenly a flash of light caught my attention. Wait, how did I get back into the city? And I can move? My body started to walk through the crowded city streets. I turned into an alleyway and stopped. The knife. The knife I almost used to kill myself is here. I thought that woman threw it into a gutter. I couldn't stop myself as my body moved to pick it up. Then my head lifted itself upwards, exposing my neck as my arm moved closer to my throat. No. I don't want to die anymore. I have a better life now! I opened my mouth to scream, but no sound came out. I trembled inwardly as I waited for the knife to cleanly slice through my vulnerable flesh. Then I heard somebody cry out my name. Somebody grabbed the knife from behind and I heard it clatter a few feet away. Then I felt warm, welcoming arms wrap around my body. So nice, to be held like this. Whoever it was said in a very familiar voice, "I won't lose my baby this time." The person turned me around to face her. "M-mother?" The tall, slender, brown-haired woman smiled, her eyes filled with such an indescribable love, "Yes my Inu Yasha. I'll never leave you again." I was pulled back into her embrace, loving the warmth of a mother's love. Then a deeper voice was heard behind my mother, "Are my wife and child safe?" My mother picked me up into her arms. I was small again, the size of a six year old. She turned around to face a much taller, muscular man with silvery blond hair and bright amber eyes like mine, "Of course. Our child is safe. We can start all over again." The man walked up to the woman and hugged me and her. Ah, I can finally live with them, get to know them, "Mother, Father, never leave me behind again."~



*End Chapter Six*



InvincibleInuYasha: Awww.... Inu Yasha sees his parents! But what about his frostbite? And what of Kagome? How's she holding up? Welp, you gotta wait for the next chapter to find out! Kukukukuku! Oh yea, today I checked my e-mail and guess what! I got another review! Thanks to trysten for reviewing! I hope more people will review and then I will continue writing! Flames are allowed. If something about my story is that bad, then somebody should let me know. Ja ne!