InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ I Miss You ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, just wrapped up chapter 18. I was just experimenting. Seeing whether or not I wanted Tatsuya to stay there. But I'm not tellin' ya what I thought! haha! Don't worry, the next few chapters will reveal all! READ AND REVIEW!
P.S.: Please oh please tell me about any spelling or grammer errors anywhere in the story! I need to edit them later. Thing is, I sprained my finger today, so it's kinda hard to type! and I don't like to edit my own stories (HELP WANTED: BETA READER! must know how to spell) lol. It hurts to type, but I love to write so wutevr. Just please review or send me a private e-mail and tell me evrything that's wrong about my story. Thank you! *bows so nose touches floor*
P.S.S.:About the summary from the last chapter... If you were to think about it (and look at a map with time zoning), you'd realize that Kagome and Tatsuya are, indeed, 24 hours apart, Kagome being 'a day away'. So I suppose she'd be in the 'future'. Just thought it'd be cool, since she's from the future in Inu Yasha's case as well. Sorry if none of you understood that.


Disclaimer: IY IS NOT MINE! NOT MINE! NOT MINE! NOT MINE!




*Chapter Nineteen: I Miss You*

I stared out of the window for the, probably, billionth time this week. It's been a whole week since Tatsuya left. He didn't even say where. I cried myself to sleep every night. The same thoughts went through my head. Was it my fault? Did he leave because of something I did? Where did he go? Is he okay?

I was jerked out of my thoughts when Inu Yasha put a hand on my shoulder, "Kagome, don't beat yourself up over this. He left by his own choice. So don't cry. I hate to see you cry." I smiled sadly, "I just hope he's doing okay." Inu Yasha smirked, "He'll be able to take care of himself. After all, he is the reincarnation of a powerful dog hanyou." I giggled and lightly punched Inu Yasha on the arm, "Stop bluffing!" Inu Yasha stuck out his tongue, "No! I'm the great hanyou, Inu Yasha! Lord of the Western Lands!" I shook my head, "Isn't that Sesshomaru?" Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "Technically, it partially belongs to me. My father owned those lands, so we both inherited it. I just choose not to stay there all the time." "Sesshomaru doesn't stay there all the time. We always meet up with him in places far away from those lands." Inu Yasha huffed, "Hey, I was pinned to a tree for fifty years. He had the lands all to himself, I don't know if he--" Souta ran into the room.

"Kagome, Kagome!" "What?" Souta ran in with a bunch of envelopes and handed me one, "Tatsuya wrote!" My eyes widened at the small print on the top left-hand corner of the envelope. It was definitely from Tatsuya, but the unfamiliar address is what surprised me, "New York!?" Inu Yasha and Souta sat on either side of me on the couch. Inu Yasha said, "Read it." I carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the paper. It said:

'Dear Kagome,
It's Tatsuya! I was just wondering how everything is going on. I'm living in New York now. New York City to be exact. It's a lot like Tokyo, but a lot different too. But even so, I'm missing Tokyo already. I'm thinking about coming back in a month or two. I'm sorry I left like that. I really need some time off. I mean, away from my life. It's just that, everything was changing. I thought I was just any other kid until I met you. You were my friend. My first friend. But then, I started to like you a little bit too much. I wanted to be with you all the time. But then, it started to get bad. Naraku came and I tried to protect you. We both coul have been killed! Then I turn into a hanyou and I learn that I'm the reincarnation of one of your friends from over five hundred years ago. It was too much. Then Inu Yasha came. It should be impossible for the reincarnation to meet the original. Everything was wearing me down, I couldn't take it. I guess you could say I'm a coward. Trying to run away from my fears. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. You offered me so much but I just turned it down. I was ungrateful and rude. Please forgive me.
~Tatsuya'

A single tear fell down my face. Inu Yasha pleaded, "Kagome, please don't cry." I wiped the tear away and walked upstairs into my room and shut the door. Inu Yasha softly knocked on the door, "Kagome? C'mon, he said he'd be back soon." I said, "Give me some time alone please. I just need to think." I heard Inu Yasha sigh worriedly, "Okay. I'm going to come back in a few minutes though." He walked back downstairs. I opened my desk drawer and pulled out a piece of light pink stationary. I never used it in a while. And I began to write back to Tatsuya.

Dear Tatsuya,
I'm sorry about all of these things happening to you. I miss you, but if it ever makes you feel that bad, then you don't even have to come back. I didn't expect any of this to happen. When I met you, I couldn't believe that you were just like Inu Yasha. I was happy. But this whole mess is my fault. Two years ago, I could have tried to stop Naraku from attacking Inu Yasha and my friends. But I didn't. They all died. And then I ran back into the future. I put everybody in danger by bringing the jewel along with me. So I met you and everything was okay until Naraku showed up to get my part of the jewel. You shouldn't have even been mixed up in all of that. If you hadn't you'd still be the same as you were before. I'm sorry this all happened to you. I hope you'll come back. We all miss you back here. I think even Inu Yasha misses you, even if it's just a little bit. But before you come back, think about it. I don't want you to come back just because I asked you to. Write back soon.
~Kagome

I slipped the letter into a matching pink envelope and stamped it before I ran downstairs to put it in the mailbox. Inu Yasha came up beside me, "Are you feeling better?" I nodded and smiled, "Yeah. I was just sending a reply to Tatsuya's letter." Inu Yasha scratched himself behind his ear, "Um Kagome?" "What?" "What's a 'New York City'?"

After a long explanation of miles and pointing at maps, Inu Yasha seemed to have figured out a bit about New York City, "Wait a minute. So, New York is across an ocean and a country, right?" I nodded, "Yep." Inu Yasha groaned in frustration, "All these things you're telling me, I can't remember them all! It's like, four thousand miles away, or something like that." I smiled, "Uh huh." Inu Yasha threw himself onto the couch and sighed, "I'm going to forget all of this by tomorrow." "Inu Yasha, why were you so interested in knowing about it in the first place? Is it because Tatsuya's there?" Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "Well, excuse me for asking! Since I'm probably never going back to my time, I might as well learn a little bit about this time period." I shook my head, "Fine, fine."

The next week went by really slowly. School was boring. I didn't want to go at all. Mom made me go though. Some teachers kept me after class to ask me if anything was going on. I guess I really did look kind of depressed. After school I walked outside. I saw a lot of girls in their groups, laughing and talking. Some guys were hanging out with their girlfriends. I sighed and stared at my feet, unable to watch them anymore. I continued to walk towards the street when someone grabbed my shoulder. I gasped and turned around, almost colliding into the person behind me.

"H-Hojo?" He smiled and held out a small, neatly wrapped box, "Hey Kagome." I carefully took the box and stepped back, "Um... hey. What's up?" Hojo bit his lip, "I-I was wondering... Are you free on Friday?" I sighed, "Hojo, I-I don't know. I've got things going on at home, and I'm trying to get in touch with Tatsuya. Besides, you barely spoke to me since I got left back last year." Hojo stared at me with the most guilty eyes I've ever seen, "About that... It was Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka! They thought it would be best if we just left you alone, they wouldn't let me near you. and Eri kept on trying to get a date with me. I couldn't stand it! I wanted to be with you! Please Kagome, give me another chance, I promise it won't happen again, I'll never--" I raised a hand to silence him and closed my eyes, "I'm sorry Hojo. But that won't work now. I-I'm sort of seeing someone right now." Hojo drooped his head, "Oh, okay then. I'll be leaving then. Bye." As he walked away I called out, "Thank you for the gift!" sat down on an empty bench and began to unwrap the present. In a flash of red and silver, the box was gone.

A voice above my head asked, "So, who was he?" I looked up into the branches of the tree behind me, "Inu Yasha, give that back!" Inu Yasha growled, "Who was he!?" My eyebrow twitched, "Inu Yasha..." I heard Inu Yasha whimper as he tightened his grip on the branch, "SIT!" "GAAH!" The purple light faded slowly from the four inch, boy-shaped crater in the earth, "What..." An arm reached out of the hole and gripped onto the grass, "was..." Another arm followed suite, "that.." Silver dog ears swiveled foward before landing flat on a head of silver hair, "for..." Inu Yasha's angry face covered in dirt and grass popped out of the ground, fangs bared and eyes narrowed, "WENCH!?" I picked up the gift from where it was thrown when Inu Yasha had fallen. Inu Yasha got up and yelled, "I only asked a freakin' question!" I turned to face him and smiled, "That was Hojo, my admirer." Inu Yasha's face turned from a soft sandy shade to a beet red in about three seconds, "WHAT!?"

"Okay, so Hojo isn't your 'boyfriend', is he?" Inu Yasha still glared at me cautiously. I shook my head, "No, nothing like that. He's an old friend of mine, that's all." "So, who are you seeing now?" I blinked, "What?" Inu Yasha crossed his arms and pouted, "When you 'dumped' Hojo, you told him you were seeing somebody else. I assume that means you've got another boyfriend. Who is it?" I rolled my eyes, trying my best to lie, "Nobody. I only told him that because I didn't want to go out with him. I knew you'd freak out anyway." Actually, I'm still not sure as to who I like, or even love. I'm sure it's not Hojo, but either it's Inu Yasha or Tatsuya. Inu Yasha growled in frustration, "Stop lying Kagome, I can smell it." "You can?" "No. But I can tell." I sighed. Thank God he can't smell my emotions. That would really stink. Inu Yasha continued, "But you know how they say you can smell fear. Humans can't, but I can. And I can tell you're scared. Scared to admit something I'll bet." I closed my eyes, "Sit." "Ugh!"

So yeah, I can't make up my mind. Inu Yasha and Tatsuya are both so cool! But... if Tatsuya decides to stay in America, I guess there'll be only one choice. I just hope Tatsuya will be back soon. I mean, Inu Yasha's great but, now I feel like something's missing. And I'm pretty sure it's Tatsuya.

Just then I remembered: Hojo's present! I didn't even open it yet. It's downstairs in the living room. I got up and sighed. Inu Yasha's sleeping there. He'll try to take the present back if he catches me. I shrugged. I'll just 'sit' him if he does.

I carefully opened my door so it wouldn't squeak and crept down the stairs. Inu Yasha was sitting up, sleeping, next to a coffee table. The gift was right next to him. I tip-toed beside him, holding my breath as I snatched the box away. Inu Yasha's ear twitched, so I made a mad dash for the stairs. I heard Inu Yasha get up and stumble, "Kagome? What are you doing!?" I almost made it to my bedroom door when Inu Yasha grabbed my arm, "What's going on? Why are you running like an idiot?" I sighed, "I was hungry so I grabbed a midnight snack. Can I go back to my room now?" Inu Yasha narrowed his eyes at the box in my hand, but he let go of my arm, "Fine. Holler if you need anything." He turned and went back downstairs.

I went into my room, closed the door, and leapt onto my bed. I shredded the wrapping off of it and found a small velvet box. I opened it and gasped. Inside was a beautiful silver ring with a tiny diamond embedded in it. It's gorgeous! Just then a small piece of paper fell from the box. I picked it up and saw the neat scrawl, Hojo's handwriting:

Kagome,
I'm sorry for all the trouble I've put you through. I never should have listened to Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi. They don't know how I feel about you. I have to let you know, I have always loved you, from the day we first met. But I've never had the courage to ask you this until now. Kagome, will you forgive me, and marry me?

The paper fell from my fingertips. I shuddered. Hojo asked me to marry him?



::Chapter Nineteen End::


InvincibleInuYasha: *Yawn* 1:30 am. I'm watching Cowboy Bebop. It's a cool show. But I don't really see a plot. Oh well. Sorry everybody, I've been in Georgia for the past week visiting my cousins for New Years. (oh, by the way, HAPPY 2005!). And while I was there, my sprain has healed! But I'm tired now, and the airplane food was yucky. Yeah, this chapter is yucky too. I decided to give Hojo a chance to appear. I don't know if he'll continue bugging Kagome until Inu Yasha gets pist. It'd be funny though. I'm hungry. READ AND REVIEW! Ja ne!

P.S.: This chapter HAS BEEN EDITED! I added a little scene at the end. Make sure you read it because it will play a big part in the next chapter. Review and you'll get a cookie.