InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ Wish I Were There ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey! Omg, I'm sorry you guys! My brother just went to the marines yesterday so we were partying all weekend and I couldn't write. Yeah, so everybody, my bro is going to boot camp for disipline and stuff before he even starts his job (aircraft electronic engineer). Ok so I'll start writing as soon as I write the disclaimer and a possible P.S.

P.S.-Chapter Nineteen HAS BEEN REVISED! There is a whole new scene at the very end that you must read before you read this chapter because this will spoil it all. Or maybe the next chapter will. Tee hee!

P.S.S.- Thanks to IYlover4ever for reviewing so graciously, lol. You should read it, it's great and I read it like, seven times lol! Please review like she did.

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha isn't mine. Sorry, not in the mood to make a funny joke right now. Sleepy.



::Chapter Twenty: Wish I Were There::

I ran up to my apartment and slammed the door. Then I hopped onto my bed and looked through the mail. Bill, bill, ad, bill.... Kagome! I tore open the envelope and slipped the paper out of the envelope. Then I read the letter. So, she doesn't want me to go back unless I want to, eh? New York is really tiring though. Work sucks! I might go back sooner than I had planned.

I guess that's what I'm gonna do. I'll surprise Kagome and be back by tonight! I threw the few possesions I had in my bag and packed as neatly as I could. I just can't stand much of New York anymore. I mean, the smell isn't so different as in Tokyo, but it still gets to my nose. And the jobs are so hard to get, and they're all so disgusting. I'm definitely not going to be in the fast-food industry.

Within the next hour, I had already booked the next flight, finished my packing, and got a cab to the airport. But I was already late. I ran into the terminal and got a seat on the plane. I tightly strapped myself in the seat. On the last flight I almost jumped out of my seat from feeling the turbulence. But I guess it'll be worth it. I can see Kagome again.

________________________


At the Tokyo International Airport, I called Grandpa.
****
"Tatsuya! I thought you were actually going to study there! Not just go on a little vacation!"
I sighed, "Grandpa, can you have somebody pick me up?""Fine. But this is the last time." He hung up
****
So, now I'm in the limo. But damn, this limo is boring. Gramps didn't even get a TV installed in it. Just then a thought came to me. I'm a hanyou right? That means I can run really fast!. I rolled down the window to the driver's side of the car, "I'm gonna get out from here. Please drop off my stuff at the shrine next to Grandpa's place." The driver nodded as I got out of the car. Once he was out of sight, I leapt into the air.

Five minutes later I was above Tokyo. I missed this place. The lights were really nice too. Just like in New York. I jumped on top of a building and hopped onto another. It felt like I was flying. On a rooftop, I jumped. Wait a minute. Why am I falling!? Before I knew it I landed in an alleyway, splashing in a puddle. Then it started. The pain in my head. Why didn't I notice that tonight is the new moon!? I bit my lip, trying to hold back my voice. The pain was intense, splitting open my skull. I felt my dog ears sink down and human ears took back their spot on the sides of my head. As I was biting my lip, my teeth shrank and grew dull. My fingertips burned as the claws sunk down into nails. I screamed at the top of my lungs. It's too much! My hair darkened to black. I continued to scream. My eyes felt as if ink were poured into them. Hanyous can see so well even in the dark compared to humans. Then I saw lights go on above me, and people's heads were poking out of their windows. Finally the pain left. I slowly got up, wincing as I did. Then I walked out of the alleyway. I better get back to Kagome's before morning.

I reached into my pocket and took out my cell phone. I called the limo driver and asked him to get me. Luckily, he was just around the corner anyway. He sounded pretty surprised, seeing as I got to Tokyo before his car. I got in the car and sighed. Why does this have to happen to me? Not only did I have to go through this pain tonight, but now I'm soaking from falling into that puddle of all places. I opened the window and leaned towards it, deeply breathing in the cool air. I wonder what's going on at Kagome's place. I hope she's not upset or anything. And how's Inu Yasha? He's in his human form right now too.

We were now driving on a bridge near a rocky hill. At the foot of the hill was a wide river. But the water was very dark since there was no moon for it to reflect. The car started bumping violently on the road. I stuck my head out of the window to see what was going on. It looked like something underneath the pavement was pushing it up, almost like rubber. Then the pavement cracked and broke as thick brown roots rose from the dirt. Roots... this is Naraku's doing.

The forest on the other side of the bridge seemed to move and get darker. The trees and the ground were covered with thousands of small black spiders. Suddenly, a root broke through the floor of the car right where I just was a moment before. The driver shouted as the car lurched towards the edge of the bridge. The car screeched as the driver swerved to the other side of the bridge. What's happening!?

Then the car flipped over. I yelled as everything in the car scattered everywhere. The car flipped back upright, but now it was teetering over the edge of the bridge. The rear end of the car, where I was, was hanging in mid-air. The driver opened the door and ran out of the car. Then he screamed. I stared out of the window again only to see him covered in spiders and bleeding profusely. The spiders are eating him alive! The car teetered backwards and slowly forwards. I was afraid to move. If I did, the car was sure to fall.

Spiders began crawling in through my open window. There were hundreds of them falling in through the window in a waterfall effect. I can't stay here like an idiot and let them chew me up! They crawled over my feet and onto my legs. By reflex, I began to smash every spider I could see. But with each spider smashed came an oozing green liquid. It felt like acid and it burned my hands. I pushed the button that opened the sunroof and climbed onto the roof of the car. The spiders followed. The car teetered farther towards the edge. If I fall, I'm done for. I'm in my human form, so there would be no hope for my survival if I really did fall.

It looked like luck just wasn't on my side. The spiders continued crawling towards me. Am I really going to die now? But, I can't die because of Naraku. I looked over my shoulder into the forest. I saw two bright red eyes staring at me from somebody wearing a baboon mask and a white fur cloak. Kagome told me that this was how Naraku dressed as well as the other form I had seen him in. Damn him. The glow from his eyes pulsed. Suddenly, I couldn't move. The spiders crawled up my body and got closer and closer to my neck. I'm really going to die. I fell backwards with a thud onto the car. That was enough to slide the car over the edge of the bridge. Before the car fully fell, a root slammed through the roof of the car and went completely through my chest. There's no hope now. This is it. I splashed into the water and closed my eyes, 'Kagome...'

::Chapter 20 End::





InvincibleInuYasha: Oh, I'm sooo sorry everybody who's actually reading. It's freezing cold in this room where my computer is, so I try not to come in here a lot. But I have to watch Inu Yasha tonight so I got to watch it here. So while I was waiting I finished up this chapter. READ AND REVIEW! Ja ne!

P.S.: I'll say it again, chapter 9 has been edited. There's a whole extra part at the very end of the chapter that you MUST read. Because he next chapter will ruin it for you! Well, I've got to go so I can write chapter 21. I'll try to get it up as soon as I can, which might take a while. But It'll definitely be up in early February. So, yea, see ya!