InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Serve and Protect ❯ Kagome to the Rescue? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hahaha, finally a chapter seven! I'm really sorry for the long wait. Things have been hella hectic lately. I hate being a Senior...

---

Chapter Seven: Kagome to the Rescue?

When she woke up she could see some fuzzy gray and then it faded into a nice evened out color of brown and a white blur, "Helpful..." she muttered ready to raise her hand to her head. Ready to, but she couldn't, her hands were tied, "Bloody hell..." she whimpered. She blinked as her surroundings came into focus, "Inuyasha?"

"What?" he grunted.

"You're awake?"

"I wish I wasn't, are you okay? Hurt or anything?"

"Except for major rope burn, no, you?"

"Nothing major." he said, "A small kick to the ribs, actually I think he cracked one of them."

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault." she hung her head.

Apparently they were in a storeroom of some kind. There were boxes and tarps covering other boxes all over the room. At one end sat Inuyasha, hands behind his back, handcuffed to a cast iron stove and on the other, Kagome, tied to a very old wagon, "This sucks."

"I know." she conceded.

"I'm going to get us out of here, okay?" he looked at her.

"You can leave, but I won't be able to stand."

"Why?"

"Well aside from being really tired, they drugged me to the point where my left is my right and my feet are my hands. I think they paralyzed me." she said slowly.

"Fucking wonderful." he grunted and tugged at the handcuffs.

"Inuyasha... you're going to hurt yourself." she slurred.

"It's better than dieing here." he said and with another loud grunt ripped the handcuffs from the stove.

"Their still on... you know..."

"I'm aware Miss Obvious, but at least their broken and I can move around freely." he said as he slowly crept across the floor to her aid, "Bloody hell girl what have you done?" he grimaced, Kagome probably hadn't noticed that she wasn't in much pain because there was so much dried blood on her wrists it was preventing the rope from rubbing with her skin. He sighed and slid his long nails across the rope, cutting her free.

"Thank you..." she whispered.

"No, thank you, Kagome. For telling me how much of an asshole I was." he picked her slump body up and opened the window by a large pile of wood. He set his feet atop the sill and took a bold leap outwards. There was a valley service in the lot across the street. There he could find a car.

The small Honda Civic raced down the highway at an incredible speeds. Inuyasha fishtailed around the sharp turn and pressed his foot on the gas.

"Inuyasha... wouldn't you like to slow down...?" Kagome said, trying her best to hang on for dear life without looking too enthused by the whole situation. She was still higher than any Russian satellite.

"Not if you want to get away." he said still pressuring his foot against the gas pedal.

"I'm serious, though! We might get in a an accident!" she sighed.

"It's better than being back there with those jerks!"

"Oh shit..." Kagome said as she turned around in her seat.

"What did you just say?"

"Behind."

He looked into rearview window to see a fast approaching Jeep Cherokee. He cursed his luck and gave it a little more gas, "Hang on, kid."

"Inuyasha, the turn's too sharp!!" she cried, now burying her head in the seat.

Inuyasha tried his best to make it, but it was to no avail, the car smashed through the guardrail and over the open ocean.

"Oh my God, Inuyasha!!" she screamed.

"Kagome! Unfasten your belt!"

"What?!"

"You're belt, dammit!" he snarled and reached over unclasping her seatbelt and pulling her into the driver's side. He slammed the door opened and made a jump into the water.

"Kagome?" she heard, she could see her mother's face, calling her to wake up. She knew she had to be dead if her mother was calling her. Then the voice repeated this, but it started to get more masculine as her name was called.

"Come on, Kagome, wake up..."

Her eyes fluttered opened, "What..."

A loud sigh was heard, "For the love of... You're okay..." the voice said and embraced her, whoever it was, was burrowing their face in her neck.

This caused her to blush, "What's... going on...?" Her eyes opened fully to reveal a long white mane and a soaking wet black shirt, "Inu... yasha?"

He pulled his face away and gave her a small smile, "How do you feel, Kagome?"

"I'm okay..." she felt like she was half lifted off he ground, and when she took it all in, she was. Inuyasha was holding her to him while she lay sprawled out in his lap.

"Good..." he turned away and coughed, "We have to get out of here..."

"I had a day pack but-wait, get out of where?" she hadn't been paying much attention to anything, except him.

"They pulled us out of the water... Don't ask me why... But they saved us, sort of. They threw us into this... room..." he stared off blankly, still tightly holding the young girl.

She pulled his arms from around her and scooted out of his lap, "Thank you for watching me." she smiled as she turned to him.

"Eh, we're in this together, right?" he gave a small smirk.

She turned back around, "If you can stand being around me for more than a two hour time span.

He snorted, but said nothing.

She tried to get up, but he wouldn't let her go, "Let me up, I need to walk around a bit."

"I'm sorry."

What had he...

"I'm sorry, Kagome, I'm sorry that I can't be of any use to you. I'm sorry I can't protect you, I'm sorry that all I ever did was put you through hell." he sighed.

She turned around to him, his head hung low. Poor Inuyasha, he'd done more than he thought for her. She put her hand under his chin and lifted it to look into her eyes, "No, I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything but be a stump and a thorn in your backside..." she smiled.

He blinked as she continued. A thorn in... No. Anything but. She was anything but a thorn. He just, tried so hard to brush her off, tried so hard to not get attached to her, that he ended up betraying himself in the process. She looked like... But she wasn't... Not after what he'd seen. She was nothing like that...

"...and that I could never do anything but cry and mope around. I could have made myself more useful." she sighed, "But you were always the gutsy one. You were-" she was cut off.

Inuyasha kissed her.

He'd thought she'd held up her end of the bargain fine. But she just kept babbling about how useless she was. About how much of a pain in the ass she was. So, he kissed her. There was one way to shut her up.

His lips crushed against hers in the most passionate of kisses and his hand tangled into her hair, pulling her into the kiss. It seemed violent and hard, but it really wasn't, considering a few minutes after he'd kissed her she responded...

Her arms went tight around his neck and torso, while his crushed against her petite waist, sending them both crashing to the ground. This, however, only encouraged this moment of heated passion. Although it seemed it wasn't possible, the kiss deepened and went on for a few more minutes.

Inuyasha savagely made his way down her cheek to her neck, passionately kissing away all the doubts she had had about what his thoughts of her were.

Kagome groaned, Inuyasha... was a great kisser. Great. She shuddered when he began nipping away at her neck, she thought she might die. She'd never experienced anything close to such a feeling in her life. He hands came up around his head and she did what she had wanted to do since she met him.

She massaged his ears.

This cause a eruption of what sounded like a growl from Inuyasha's chest as his mouth pressed harder against her neck and made it's way to the other side.

Oh... damn... his body shuddered as well when she grabbed hold of his sensitive ears, this only made him more passionate with his attentions to her neck. He stopped suddenly, they were doing this here?

They were being held captive for the love of god. Oh well, something to pass the time... He leaned up to look down at her blushing face.

Kagome was breathing very heavy, "Inuyasha...?"

"Yeah?" was his hoarse response.

"Can I tell you something with you getting embarrassed?"

"What?"

"Should we really be doing this here? We're kind of being held captive..." she looked away.

He leaned down and kissed her again, "I didn't mean to get so carried away, but, there has to be something to pass the time, right?" he smirked.

She blushed, looking a little offended, "Why did you kiss me...? And this time, I want to know."

He smiled, "Because, Kagome... I think I'm falling for you."

Her eyes suddenly looked very pained, but to his surprise she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and buried her face in his shoulder, crying.

He understood at this point, so, he held her just as tight and that's how they spent the first night they were captured.

AN: Woah... I didn't even expect that... or did I... oh well, I updated.