InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Serve and Protect ❯ One Last Stand ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: My gawd, I'm so sorry to make you all wait. I've just been so busy with work I haven't had time to sit down. Imagine... sitting in an arcade all day... with so much noise... and so many...*cringes* children. But I bet your wondering what the deal is with Kagome? Why has Kikyou stepped into the picture all of a sudden?

Chapter Eight: One Last Stand

Kagome groggily woke up with the sudden awareness that there was a heavy weight laying atop her... Oh yeah... Inuyasha.

"You two look comfy." a dry feminine voice echoed through the air.

Inuyasha snapped awake and slowly turned his head, "So... I wasn't dreaming..."

"It feels as though it all was, doesn't it, Inuyasha...? It was all so sudden."

"Why did you save us?" he retorted angrily.

"I saved you, because you're mine. I saved that copy, because she has something I want... And it's not you, lover."

"Naraku didn't..."

"Do away with me?" she laughed mockingly at him, "You fool. I was helping him. And now, I'm doing him one last favor."

"And what's that, bitch?" Inuyasha growled.

She suddenly narrowed her eyes, it hit him all at once. Ofuda spells. Lots and lots of ofuda spells. He was pinned to the floor and struggled to move, "What are you playing at you back-stabbing bitch?!"

She took a slow stride towards Kagome, who was frozen in fear, "Should I do it here? So he can watch? Or... somewhere private, where there won't be a disturbance? I think... I should take you somewhere private." she chuckled. Her facade had changed so quickly Kagome hadn't seen it coming. And boy, did it ever come full blast. A surge of purple energy pulsed through the girl's body and Kagome fell limp in Kikyou's grip.

"You fucking bitch! What have you done?!"

"Naraku's considers her a threat, If I do away with her, he'll let me free. I will not pass this up." she told him and carelessly started dragging Kagome away by her arm, "And you will not interfere, you disgusting half-breed."

He howled against the restraints holding him, but as soon as Kikyou shut the door... he could move. He quickly ran for the door when a powerful energy sent him flailing backwards headfirst. He crashed into the boxes behind him, "Son of a BITCH!"

He would find a away out, if it was the last thing he ever did... ever.

Kagome groaned, that hurt. It hurt like hell. What had she done? She saw electric and felt electric course through her body then, BAM, out like a light. That was all she remembered. She found herself unable to move and what was that smell? Like... rotting eggs... "I think I'm going to be sick..." she looked over to a crate that had been laying between the tubs. There was a gun... then she looked down to find her holster strap missing. It was her gun. Damn.

"Urasuei, come." a voice from the side called, "Drain it all."

"W-What?" Kagome looked down. She was laying in this tub full of herbs and a thick green liquid, "What's... going on?"

Kikyou, the look alike, had been in a similar situation, only she seemed to be doing it willingly, "You have my soul, girl. I want it all back."

"If I have your soul... how are you... alive?" she breathed.

"A year ago... do you recall passing out? And...not quite remembering the rest of it?" said an old women, hunching over as she entered the room.

"How... do you know about that?" she gaped in awe.

"Urasuei was kind enough to revive me. And unfortunately, she knew I'd been reincarnated. I was so close to living again. Very close. Then Naraku interfered. He wanted me alive for his own purposes. So, he agreed to make it easier for Urasuei, if he helped her revive me, he would own half of my soul. Unfortunately, the other half never came back!" she yelled at Kagome.

Kagome winced, "And... it's me... who has the rest?" she blinked.

"That's right, girl. I'm here to take what's rightfully mine." she glowered at her.

"What the fuck?!?!" he beat on the door, "Let me out you scum sucking bitch!!" Inuyasha growled, he had had it with this. The ofuda's kept him from opening the door from the inside, they must have been plastered to the door on the outside, because it wasn't budging. The ones laying around him much have been of a different kind, maybe they sealed on command? The ones outside however... His ears trained on the door as he heard footsteps coming, goody, some more drugs! He stepped back ready to pounce whoever it may be.

"That has to be it." said a very familiar female voice.

"That's seems a little obvious."

"You moron, let's just check it anyways..."

"It's locked."

"And I have lock picks."

"Then unlock it!"

"Move away and I will! You lecher."

"Fine." was the venomous response.

There was a few jiggles of the handle and a sound 'click', and the door swung opened, two shadowed figures standing there with guns, "Inuyasha!!"

"Sango? Miroku? How?" he gaped.

"Kagome left us a note. We followed her and that stupid car to the warehouse, and then it took us-"

"Me."

"Shut the hell up. Then, it took us two days to find you guys. Damn!" she huffed.

"Kagome's in trouble. We have to find her." he said shortly.

Sango nodded and tossed him a gun, "Here. Whatever ofuda charms are laid out we can get them."

He nodded and took off quickly down the hallway with Miroku and Sango bringing up the rear.

"Why can't I move..." she breathed, feeling very sick at this time.

"You won't be breathing soon, so just relax." Urasuei smiled at her.

"How much longer until the potion is absorbed?" Kikyou questioned.

"Another half hour." she smiled to the young woman.

"Inuyasha... I never eve... even... got to tell him..." Kagome said, a few stray tears making their way down her cheeks.

"Silence her." Kikyou sighed.

"Be quiet." she yelled to the young girl.

Suddenly, a shot rang out and Urasuei fell limp beside the tub, "That'll be enough of that."

Kagome turned her head as much as she could to see Naraku, "Suddenly, I feel even sicker..." she breathed.

"Silence." he snarled to her.

"Mmm..." she moaned again.

"Almost complete, my dear?" Naraku grinned at Kikyou.

"Nearly." she smiled.

"Good, good."

Musou came in as well. He smiled at Kikyou and kneeled down, brushing her damp bangs out of her face, "How much longer?" he smiled at her warmly.

"Half an hour." she smiled up at him.

He kissed her forehead, "I love you."

She smiled, "I love you, too."

It wasn't Naraku she loved. It was Musou. Musou had a heart. Musou cared. She hadn't loved who he once was, but when Naraku completed pushing him out of her body, and the time she'd spent with him, she couldn't help but love him. He was kind.

Suddenly another shot rang out and Kagome had thought Naraku had killed someone else but his eyes had only widened before he fell into a lump on the floor. Musou had suddenly been tackled where he had been standing by Kikyou and it occured to her that someone had kneeled down next to her. She shot her head to the side to see Inuyasha kneeling beside her, "Hey.." he smiled.

"Inuyasha..." she gasped.

He grinned before being tackled to the side. It was Naraku.

She gasped, "Inuyasha!" she tried with all of her might and finally willed her limbs to start rocking the tub back and forth. It finally tipped when she hit it with a full force slam to the side. She rolled out, coughing and falling on her back.

Apparently, Kikyou had done the same and was now on her hands and knees, towering over Kagome. She smiled coyly down on the girl with a large brick in her hand, ready to swing downwards. Suddenly her eyes widened and looked down at the large knife protruding from her chest

Kagome had stabbed her.

She fell limply onto Kagome. Kagome had scooted out from under her weight and scooted towards the crate she'd been aiming for originally. She was lucky they didn't find her dagger, but her gun had been kinda obvious. She picked it up with weak hands and looked over to find Inuyasha and Naraku still battling it out. She turned the safety off and aimed. She was shaking, she might miss and hit Inuyasha. She was scared.

Inuyasha reached down to strangle the man but he was just too powerful. He tossed Inuyasha's hands away and swiftly took a swing for Inuyasha's head, missing by mere inches. He damned near got clipped by Naraku's fist. He found himself being shifted into the sir and landing with a thud. Ouch. He stood up again ready to close in on him but just as soon as he was ready to charge, Naraku fell limp to the ground in a heap. He turned his head to the side where a soaking wet Kagome lay on her side, with a smoking pistol.

"I hit him..." she gasped.

"Kagome..." he swallowed hard, looking back down at Naraku and back at her.

"He's dead! I killed him!" she dropped it.

"Shh! Shh..." he ran over to her and scooped her up, "Kagome, you saved my life! You saved yours!"

"I killed her too..." she let her neck crane over towards Kikyou.

He looked over at Kikyou. A large dagger sticking out of her chest, "She was going to kill you." he shrugged.

Miroku picked up his CB, "This is Miroku, we've infiltrated the warehouse and it seems one member was dead when we got here. Two others have been killed by Kagome Higurashi. Self defense."

Sango sighed and walked over to Naraku and nudged him. Suddenly his hand shot out and grabbed her leg out from under her.

Inuyasha fired on impulse. The left side of Naraku's head was blown onto the floor beside him.

Inuyasha sighed and looked down at Kagome, "No, I killed him."

He face crumpled and she buried her face in Inuyasha's shoulder, "You came!"

He smiled and encircled her in a tight embrace. He truly loved her.

AN: Well.. thas it for that chapter. One more I think.