InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Training Hearts ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I love the only Inuyasha related thing I own. My cute little chibi inu key-chain which lives out its happy life on my iPod making fashion statements everywhere (Ha! Take that Parris Hilton! You want something hot? Then look at my iPod cuz it's so cute and knows how to accessorize.)
 
 
 
Training Hearts
By: Lil6ter
 
 
~~~Prologue~~~
 
 
 
 
2004 Athens
 
It was his moment to shine. He could feel it pulsing in his blood. He was only sixteen, but he knew without a doubt that this would be the moment that he made history.
 
He ran, leaping up and grabbing hold of the slim round object placed in a horizontal line before him. He felt it bounce under his weight and the force of his leap, but he was used to it. this came as a second nature to him.
 
He used the momentum to follow through with the swing, circling before moving onto the next bar placed before him. He circled it once, twice, a third time.
 
He ignored the cheers of the crowed.
 
He ignored the music.
 
He ignored everything but this one high bar.
 
He kept spinning and twisting his body. Contorting it whenever he needed to perform the next feat. He let go of the bar, spread his legs apart in mid air, and then grabbed hold of the bar once more, repeating the move over and over again.
 
He was performing to the best that he could, but he could push himself further, he was sure. He could reach that much sought after perfection…
 
But he did not have the drive to.
 
He made the final few flips before letting go and sticking his landing.
 
The crowd cheered, amazed by his performance, but he was not.
 
He walked off the floor, grabbing a water bottle from the coach and waited to hear his score, but his mind was elsewhere.
 
“Inuyasha, aren't you happy?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You just knocked Koga from the top! You have the gold!”
 
The gold, huh?
 
“Yeah, I am really happy!” Inuyasha told his coach, plastering a happy smile on his face.
 
“Am I?” he whispered softly, wistfully, before he felt himself getting thrown into a whirlwind of congratulations from his teammates.
 
 
A/N: Like? Hate? Review! Everyone should know my policy by now from White Rose. Every review gets an Author response, even if I am slow with them…