InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Getting Started ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha

Chapter 3: Getting started

Inuyasha stared at the strange rows of desks. Kagome pointed to the last desk, last row and told him to go there, careful to avoid the subduing word. He sat down quickly and Kagome plopped his books that she'd been carrying down in front of him. Inuyasha was starting to think there was nothing to this school thing. Why was Kagome always so worried about it? All the same, he was afraid of what might come next.

"Where are you sitting Kagome?" Inuyasha was worried that she wouldn't be near him. Without her, he wouldn't be able to get through this.

"I'll be right next to you." Noticing the relief on his face, she decided to go over everything. "The other kids will be coming in soon, so let's get the story straight. You're a transfer student, you're 15, and you and I have known each other since we were little."

Inuyasha nodded. He'd memorized this, but was to worried to snap at her. He looked around the strange room and noticed some writing on the board.

"Kagome, will I have to write those kinds of words?" He pointed and she nodded. He gave her a worried look. She wondered what was wrong? A thought struck her. Oh my God! Didn't Inuyasha know how to read or write?

"Inuyasha, please say that you know how to read."

"Baka, of course I can read." She relaxed. "I just have a problem with the writing part, that's all." She gave him a scared look.

What was wrong? Was he supposed to write? Maybe these classes were full of writing.

"Inuyasha. I think we're in trouble. You're going to have to copy what I, or someone else writes whenever we write. Ok? Maybe you can memorize the words as you write them."

That sounded easy enough. Suddenly a loud bell rang. He leapt to his feet, reaching for Tetsaiga, which he'd concealed under his uniform. Without it, he would turn full demon, and he had pointed out that humans might not like that.

"No, Inuyasha! That's just the bell that tells everyone to come in."

These humans made simple things like entering a building so complicated. The sound of feet padding on wood reached his ears, which were flattened under his hair to look more human. The door burst open and immediately the room filled with loud teenagers and conversations.

"Kagome!" In all the havoc, Kagome heard her friends calling her over. She murmured to the hanyou to keep out of trouble before walking over to her friends.

"Kagome, who's the new boy? Is he that jealous, mean, stubborn boyfriend of yours?"

She cringed, hoping Inuyasha's keen ears didn't pick that up. When she glanced quickly at him, curious students, wanting to know who he was, surrounded him. Hopefully he'll stick to the story, she though. "Uh, he's just an old friend of mine. He just moved here. If you girls don't mind, I'm going to si…I mean be near him today to help him out. Ok?"

"Sure. We'll see you later Kagome."

Why were all these humans crowding him? Inuyasha was starting to get angry, when the teacher walked in.

"Good morning class. Today we have a new student. Please make him feel welcome. Inuyasha, do you have anything you'd like to tell us?"

The whole class turned to look at him. He repeated dutifully, "I'm a transfer student, I'm 15, and I've known Kagome since we were little." Inuyasha was pleased with himself for his quick response, which he was sure was right.

"Um, arigotou Inuyasha. No, let's get back to the history of Japan…"

As the lesson continued, Kagome could hear her friends whispering about how cute Inuyasha was. Kagome felt her blood start to boil. Who were they to like him? She felt like throwing a book at them, but managed to refrain.

The class went smoothely, and for the rest of the day, Inuyasha didn't have any other questions asked. He memorized every word he had to copy and was becoming adequate in writing. He was starting to wonder why people actually went to school, when Kagome warned him of their next class. Math.

Inuyasha was getting tired of having to depend on Kagome. "Oi, Kagome, I'm going to do this next class by myself."

"Inuyasha, this is the one subject you CAN'T do by yourself."

"Dammit Kagome, why won't you let me do this. I have to face it myself."

Kagome flushed and clenched her fists in anger. She marched toward the room grimly.

Inuyasha wondered what he'd said to make her angry. Before she entered the room, he grabbed her fist and squeezed it. "Kagome, this is something that I have to do."

She couldn't resist that face and the way he asked. Why couldn't she ever stay mad at Inuyasha?! "Fine Inuyasha. You can try, but please, just this once, don't be too stubborn." She pleaded with her eyes.

"Keh! You'll see. I'm going to do this math thing better than anyone!" And with that, he entered the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~* Isuki here again! Trying to give a chapter a day, so keep reading! I risked my life to write this chapter during English class. I think I also spend both my study halls on it. I had a near crisis on my hands! My study hall teacher came over and asked what I was writing! The dialogue was something like this:

"Hi Isuki, what are you writing about?

"Oh, hi Mrs. Blablabla, it's just a little report."

"Really? Sounds interesting! So what's it on?"

(Starting to wonder if she's ever going to leave.) "Um…it's on dolphins. Yeah dolphins! They go swimming in the sea!!!!!!"

(Starting to wonder…) "Uh huh. Well, just, uh, stick to it!"

I found this to be very funny after it was over. I think all the teachers are looking at me strangely. Oh well. See what I sacrifice for all you awesome fans^.^

~Isuki