InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Geometry and Gym ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 4: Geometry and Gym

Math was a nightmare! No matter what Inuyasha said or wrote, it was always wrong! The teacher was apparently unaware that he was a "transfer student" and called on him frequently. Half way through the class, he had almost given up on ever understanding the strange thing called "geometry" when something good happened. He did a problem as best he could, and hoped it was right. When the teacher called on him, he stated his answer, and was rewarded with a smile from his teacher, and a small hug from the nearby Kagome, who was unaware of the students who were curious about this attitude from her. He almost smiled! He had gotten it right!

After the class, Kagome told him they were going to "gym". "Kagome, I think I understand geometry!" He was still to pleased to think of something else.

"Inuyasha, are you listening? We are going to gym next. This should be easy for you. Just do whatever the teacher says, ok? I won't be in your class, since it's split up between girls and guys."

Inuyasha went in the direction Kagome indicated. There was already a small group of boys ready to go outside into the brisk autumn air. One boy seemed to be surrounded by friends. From the corner of his mind, Inuyasha missed Sango, Miroku, and even that brat Shippo. He would have to ask Kagome to go and visit them for him. Then they were going to find out more about that well.

"Inuyasha!" The popular boy was calling him. There was something that smelled funny on this boy. He'd seen him before, giving Kagome a strange, longing sort of look. Inuyasha ran over to him.

"I'm Hojo. I saw you with Kagome. You must be a friend of hers, right? I just wanted to say welcome, and aren't you going to change into your gym clothes?"

"Gym clothes?"

"Hai. You don't have any? Come with me and I'll lend you some of mine."

So Inuyasha followed the kind boy into the "boys changing room". There, he put on the shirt and was about to put on the shorts when he thought of something. Tetsaiga! He wouldn't be able to take it with him! He'd have to go without it and just try not to get angry.

When Inuyasha had changed, he followed the others outside and saw a strange trail.

"Hojo, what do we do here?"

"Didn't you have gym in your last school? We warm up by running around the track, and then we are going to have a fencing bout. We've been learning fencing for a while now. I don't think the teacher will make you do it if you don't know anything about it, though.

This sounded like a challenge to Inuyasha. He refused to not take part in this class. Besides, wasn't this the class that Kagome told him he'd excel in? No, he was going to prove to himself and Kagome that he could do this school thing. And anyway, fencing was something that could prove useful when he got back home.

Inuyasha ran the "track" in record time. When he got back, he had a quick discussion with the teacher about what he was supposed to do, while the others were only just starting. Apparently, the humans had been learning footwork and were just starting the real part of fencing.

While the other boys were finishing, Inuyasha noticed that Kagome's gym group was only a few yards away. The two caught each other's eyes. Inuyasha smiled to show he was doing fine, and Kagome smiled back. Since Kagome was watching, why not do better than anyone else?

"Oy, Inuyasha, how did you run so fast?" Hojo had come and was gasping for breath. He was obviously trying to run as fast as he saw Inuyasha doing.

"Keh! I just did."

Some other boys were murmuring a ways away, but not too far for Inuyasha's ears. "Did you see how he ran?" "Yeah, I wonder how he can do that." "There's something strange about him, have you seen his eyes?" "Hai. I've never seen a boy with gold eyes."

Inuyasha kept quiet and calm, since he didn't have Tetsaiga he couldn't afford to get mad. Next, the teacher cut them into pairs. As luck would have it, he was paired with the friendly Hojo.

"I'm warning you Inuyasha, I won't go easy on you."

"Keh! Just watch me beat the shit out of you!"

The teacher signaled for the fights to begin, and Inuyasha took action. He had learned the basic "rules" from his conversation with the teacher, and in seconds had his adversary lying on the floor.

"Inuyasha!" The teacher screamed for him to come over.

Oh no, was he in trouble?

"Inuyasha, I don't know how you were able to do that on your first day, but you are a truly skilled fencer. Would you like to enter the fencing club?"

A fencing club? What was a fencing club? Well, maybe he could impress Kagome with it.

"Hai, I'll join. What do I do to join?"

"Tryouts will be in one week after school. Good luck!"

Now the students were really impressed. Hojo had recovered from his quick beating and came over to congratulate Inuyasha. Inuyasha ignored him and looked towards Kagome's class. They were taking part in some activity where girls knocked a ball across a net several times in the sand. Kagome had been watching him, and he thought he spotted admiration and respect in her eyes, before she quickly turned away from him. He smiled.