InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ End of the Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 5: End of the day

The rest of the day was easy and Inuyasha felt like this challenge wasn't as great as Kagome made it out to be. But then again, if Kagome weren't helping him, would he have done so well? He should probably thank her…

"Inuyasha!" It was Hojo again. This human seemed to like Inuyasha. Inuyasha still didn't trust the boy, since he'd caught him giving Kagome funny looks on more than one account. Hojo ran down the hall towards Inuyasha. Kagome had to go use the girls room, so he was momentarily alone. The day was finally over, and most humans had left.

"Inuyasha, could I walk you and Kagome home? I would like to give Kagome these." Hojo held out two strange looking bamboo pieces.

"What are they?"

"The are for Kagome's health. She seems to get sick a lot. If you step on them, you feel better."

Inuyasha wasn't exactly sure why Hojo would want to give Kagome something for her health, but as long as he wasn't giving her flowers or something, he'd leave it alone. Kagome came out and thanked the boys for waiting. Silently they all walked home together. Out of nowhere, Hojo suddenly pulled Kagome aside. He motioned for Inuyasha to go ahead. Inuyasha gave a crafty smile and went ahead, but not out of hearing range. This boy had better leave his Kagome alone, or he'd rip him apart.

"Kagome, please take these." Hojo held out the bamboo for her to take.

"Um…thank you. What are they for?"

"They are for your health. Step on them."

"Uh, arigatou Hojo."

"One more thing Kagome. Are you doing anything tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, I have to catch up on studying."

At this point Inuyasha had leapt back to the pair and pulled Hojo away from Kagome. He was very clearly jealous.

"Hojo, what were you planning on doing?! Leave Kagome alone! She's busy!"

"Um…ok. That's what she already said Inuyasha."

Kagome, sensing trouble, made a quick decision.

"Hojo, I can't talk. Inuyasha and I have to hurry!" And with that, Inuyasha swept her onto his back and hurried back to Kagome's house.

"So what was it like? Did you kill any demons? Did you beat up any creeps? Did you get any more shard thingies?" Souta questioned them as soon as they came back. He got home sooner than they did.

"No, no, and no. If you don't mind Souta, we have a lot of homework to do!" Kagome tugged Inuyasha to go upstairs with her, into her room.

It was very true what she'd said. Sensing that Inuyasha hadn't had a decent education in his "previous school", all the teachers had piled on the homework. Kagome herself had a fair amount to do.

"Kagome, I don't need to do this homework. I'm going to make that well work and I'm going home!"

"Fine, Inuyasha, we can try the well again. But if it doesn't work, we have to do our homework, ok?

A loud "Keh!" was his only response as they filled downstairs and out the door. When they reached the well, Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's hand, and silently they both jumped. Kagome founf herself on the other side of the well, but still Inuyasha wasn't there. She heard voices coming from above the well. Distracted and forgetting for the moment about Inuyasha, she climbed out.

"She has to be here somewhere!" It was the voice of Sango. It sounded like Miroku and Shippo were with her. Suddenly, Miroku spotted her climbing out of the well. Shippo saw her next and leapt into his "mother's" arms. She snuggled him against her and rubbed him down.

"Kagome-sama! Where is Inuyasha? Are you alright? We've been looking for you all day."

"I'm fine! But we do have a bit of a problem," Quickly she described what had happened and Inuyasha's adventures at school.

"Inuyasha hasn't been acting as selfish and mean spirited as he used to. Do any of you have any idea why not?"

"Hmm, it could be that he is a little overcome with trying to learn about a whole new world, or it could be that school is just teaching him to be respectful!" Sango laughed at this last remark from Miroku.

"Well, I have to go back. I think we should have some sort of system though, to keep in touch."

"Hai. Why don't you return tomorrow when the sun is highest, and give us the news. We'll meet you here. We might get Kaede-baba to come and meet with you about this problem. I'll tell her that Inuyasha sensed a strange magic in that storm and around the well."

"Arigotou." Kagome jumped back into the well, climbed up, and met an impatient Inuyasha.

"Why did you take so long? What if you had been in trouble? Who would have saved you? Don't be gone for so long again Kagome." His eyes stared straight into hers and she blushed before telling him what their friends had said.

"Alright, so let's go do this homework." He started heading towards the house, but stopped when he saw the funny look on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Inuyasha. Just, when you said that, you actually sounded like a teenage boy!" Then she laughed and ran towards the house to get out of the brisk autumn wind.

~*~*~*~

Well I'm glad people seem to like this.^^ I forgot to update yesterday, so here's the update today. I'll be updating every day.

Hell's lil Bitch: I can't make the chapters longer since I already wrote the story. Gomen!