InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Homework ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 6: Homework

Inuyasha was sitting cross-legged on Kagome's floor in her room. He growled in frustration. Why didn't any of these math problems make sense? He wanted to ask Kagome for help, but he knew she was busy with her own homework. He stared up at her on the bed with longing in his eyes. If only she'd help him, without him asking. He sniffed the air. He thought he smelled some sort of food.

Kagome felt like screaming! None of this math worked! She sighed, and attempted a problem she'd been working on again. No luck.

"Kagome, Inuyasha, it's time for dinner."

"Coming!"

Inuyasha pulled himself of the floor and silently followed Kagome downstairs. He was looking forward to dinner, since Kagome always brought good foods back when she visited here. The strange smell was coming from the kitchen.

Kagome was going to warn Inuyasha about her mother's health food, but decided against it when her mom came in hearing range.

Dinner was very quick. Inuyasha tried to eat hot chili and suddenly jumped out of his chair and starting dancing around the room. Kagome nearly fell out of her chair laughing. Her mother directed him to some cold water, and the problem was fixed, although, from then on, Inuyasha wouldn't touch another chili.

"Kagome, could you do the dishes?" Her mother questioned.

"Hai."

Inuyasha leaned against a wall and crossed his arms. He was trying to decide on whether or not he should help her. Finally, he silently took up a post next to her, and started washing. Kagome glanced at him, and gave him a smile. He gave her a small grin, before concentrating on his work. He had already decided that he was going to try and learn as much about this world as possible. That was why he was helping her. He had almost convinced himself of that by the time they were finished.

"Kagome, I'm…" He stopped.

"Inuyasha what is it?"

"I, uh, could you…help me with my homework."

She laughed and tugged him upstairs. She lay down next to him on the floor. They both examined the problem, and she explained how to do it. Before she could leave and do her own homework, he asked her about another problem. He was enjoying her presence so much, he didn't want her to leave. She shivered, it was getting cold and late. He moved a little closer to her, so that their bodies were touching. Her voice became slower and softer and her breathing became light. Her head drooped and she curled up against him. She was asleep!

Inuyasha gazed at her lovely face. She was beautiful in the dying light from the window. Without meaning to, he moved his head closer, and brushed her lips with his. Inuyasha thought, and decided that he HAD meant to do that. He had meant to do that for a long time. Without moving, he pulled a blanket off her nearby bed, and covered them up. He rolled onto his back and shifted Kagome so that her head lay on his chest. Inuyasha smiled, and fell asleep with a smile still stuck on his face.

Kagome awoke with a start. She was lying on something warm. She sat up, and saw it was Inuyasha! Oh gods, she had fallen asleep on Inuyasha! What would he say? But still, in the midst of her anxiety, she couldn't help but wonder if he had done that on purpose. If he had, would she mind? It had felt…right…being with Inuyasha. She got up quietly and tip toed over to the window. It was morning! They'd been like that all night! What if Souta had seen? She sighed, and decided not to worry about it.

Inuyasha felt her get up. She wasn't upset about sleeping with him, or else she would have woken him up and sat him. He pretended to still be asleep. He wanted to see what Kagome would do.

Kagome noticed that it was only early morning, and she was still tired. A glance at Inuyasha told her he was still asleep. Carefully, she slid back under the blanket and curled up on his chest. His ears twitched, but he didn't wake. They both fell back asleep.

The bright sun woke Kagome. She sighed, as least Inuyasha hadn't woken up yet. She crept to her dresser, pulled out a pair of clothes, and got dressed in the bathroom.

Inuyasha yawned and stretched. Kagome had already gotten up. He went downstairs and grabbed his old clothes, since he was still in his uniform. He changed silently in the downstairs bathroom, then went back upstairs

Kagome met Inuyasha at the stairs. The both smiled and walked downstairs. Inuyasha reached for Kagome's hand. Surprised that he was still acting affectionate toward her, she gave it to him. She really liked things this way, she decided. Inuyasha was…nice…when he wasn't stubborn.

All breakfast they held hands. Kagome's family either didn't notice, or wasn't saying anything. A bird cackled outside. Yep, Kagome thought, hopefully Inuyasha will be like this more often.

~*~

"Miroku!"

Miroku sighed. Sango was calling for him. What was wrong now? She was probably just worried about Inuyasha. He ran over to her and Shippo.

"Miroku, aren't you worried about Inuyasha and Kagome? Didn't Kagome say he was acting different?"

"Just because he's acting different doesn't mean it's a bad different," he explained patiently.

It was almost noon. Shippo was starting to worry about Kagome.

"Sango, when will Kagome come back?"

"Very soon Shippo, don't worry."

~*~

Sorry, hate to end it on you here. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying writing this part. I hope you all like it so far. If you don't please don't express your feelings in a flame, I'd prefer you to e-mail me! ^.^ So have any of you ever gotten strange looks for liking anime? I know I have! My friend was trying to describe some very depressing anime to me, and of course, my friend talks really loud. The dialogue was something like this:

"Hey Isuki-chan, have you ever heard of Blablabla?!"

"No, I haven't Hyaku, what's it about?"

"Well, it's really depressing! Most characters die! Some commit suicide!"

"Um…Hyaku, could you keep your voice down?"

A few people in front of us were staring.

"Uh, I mean it's a really happy show where everyone has fun and no one dies! In fact, they all have a pony party!"

(Staring people look away.)

(Whispered) "That's better."

Well, that was just another funny thing that happened to me! See you in the next chapter!