InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Sensing the Storm ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 7: Sensing the Storm

Kagome was thinking in the shade of the Goshinboku tree. Inuyasha had been acting so…not Inuyashaish lately. She sort of missed their arguments, but all the same, she loved being around him now. Maybe school had made him have more respect, like Miroku said. At the moment, Inuyasha was going shopping with her mom. They had all decided that Inuyasha would receive some very strange looks if he went everywhere in his old clothes. It was almost noon. Kagome hoped Inuyasha would get home soon, so she could tell him about her meeting later.

Quit a few people had been staring at Inuyasha's clothes and bare feet, but Inuyasha was a bit preoccupied to care. He was a bit overwhelmed by all the selections. At home, you either made your own clothes, or you didn't wear any. He'd never seen so many different kinds of clothing. He had had a brief argument with Kagome before leaving about shoes. She finally agreed that he wouldn't have to have any.

"Inuyasha, why don't we find you some plain jeans and a few shirts?"

"Sure." Inuyasha had no clue what jeans were.

Kagome's mom bought him a few pairs of jeans, some T-shirts, and a baseball hat. Inuyasha had already told her he wanted something to cover his ears, since it wasn't that comfortable to flatten them against his head. When he saw the clothes, he was surprised. He hadn't pictured jeans like that. He thought they were a kind of shirt or something. He sighed; these clothes didn't look half as comfortable as his old ones. For Kagome, though, he'd make do.

When Inuyasha got back, he didn't go in the house from the front. Instead he climbed in through Kagome's window. Once inside, he changed into a pair of "jeans" and a white T-shirt. Next, he climbed back out the same way, and walked toward the Goshinboku tree.

Kagome thought she saw someone coming toward her. When she looked up, she gasped in awe. Walking towards her was Inuyasha, wearing jeans and a T-shirt! He wasn't wearing anything on his feet or head. He looked great! She ran towards him, and he gave her a little squeeze. Would he keep surprising her everyday?

Inuyasha grinned at her reaction. He could sense that something was on Kagome's mind, though, so he stood a little ways away from her. In a searching tone, he asked, "What's on your mind?"

"You remember when we tried to go back through the well again?" At his nod she continued. "Well, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo are going to meet me at the well. They said they might bring Kaede to help figure out why you couldn't come back through. Since it's nearly noon, I need to go soon." She was worried that he wouldn't want her to go without him.

"Keh. So what are you waiting for?" A look of relief crossed her face. But his reaction also puzzled her. She'd have to ask Kaede about Inuyasha's changing attitude.

After a short goodbye, Kagome jumped through the well. When she reached the floor of the well, she felt the strange magic that Inuyasha felt, but it let her pass through. This was definitely another thing to mention.

"Kagome!" A very relieved Shippo flew at Kagome as soon as she climbed out of the well. He knocked her backwards and she fell through again. Shippo was confused. "Wasn't Kagome just here?"

Miroku and Sango laughed so loud, it echoed in the wind.

Kagome popped her head out of the well again, a few seconds later. This time Shippo waited for her to back away from the well before he flew at her. She grabbed him and cuddled him a little, to show she was ok. The relieved kitsune just snuggled closer to her.

Kaede was with Sango and Miroku a few yards away. At their beckoning looks, she walked over to them.

"Kagome-sama, explain to Kaede-baba what happened exactly." So Kagome went through the whole account again, but stopped when she reached the part about realizing that Inuyasha was stuck.

"This is very strange. Did you sense anything Kagome?"

"Yes. Inuyasha and I felt some kind of strong magic in the storm that appeared. We felt the same magic at the bottom of the well when we jumped. It was very strong, but we didn't think much of it at the time. I could have sworn that I had recognized it before though."

"Hmmm, well, I'm going to look into this. Perhaps we could meet later?"

"Yes, and one other thing. Inuyasha acts…different…when he's in my world. He's not as stubborn and hanyou. He acts more human. Could you look into that, also?"

"Sure, that might also be useful information. I will research it and tell you what I find out later."

The others had been standing quietly throughout the whole conversation. Miroku coughed to break the silence, and Shippo snuggled even closer on her stomach.

"Kagome, we don't want you to go so soon. We never see you anymore." Shippo pouted.

"Don't worry Shippo. I'll come back and say hi on a regular basis. Most important right now, though, is finding out what spell is keeping Inuyasha in my world. Arigotou Kaede, and I'll see you soon. Don't go to far off, since it will be hard for me to find you." And with that, she put Shippo down, and disappeared back into the well.

"Doesn't believe in long goodbyes, does she?" Sango commented.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, that was my informative chapter. I basically just wanted to get it over with, because the next few chapters are going to be fun! Sorry everyone, can't talk long right now. I usually like to tell a little story, but can't this time. See you in the next chapter! All done with lucky number 7 now^-^

Oh and before you close this story, leave a review! So far I've only gotten a review a chapter and I hope more people read this than that. It really boosts my confidence to know if you like it or not. It only takes a minute to review!^-^

Isuki-chan