InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Blackmailing Kagome! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 8: Blackmailing Kagome!

"Kagome! Something came in the mail for you and Inuyasha!"

Kagome dashed to the kitchen, where her mom was leafing through the mail. It was Sunday, and Kagome was hoping school wouldn't come again. She knew that Inuyasha was going to insist on doing everything himself, and she also knew that he was going to make a fool of someone!

"It looks like an invitation."

Kagome curiously read the letter. It was just an invitation to some archery contest. She could probably win that with her eyes closed.

Just then, Inuyasha burst in. He still thought that he could force himself through the well and had decided he was going to try to break through for at least a half hour each day, in case the spell broke.

"What's the invitation for Kagome?"

"It's just some archery contest."

"Archery contest? Why don't you enter? You would win. Why is there an archery competition? Are the contestants fighting for their honor?"

She smiled at his ignorance. "At the competition, you don't shot at people, you shoot at targets, and there's a competition because it's supposed to be fun."

He shrugged. "So why don't you go?"

"Because there's no reason to. The prize is a little plaque that has your name on it. What would I do with that?"

Inuyasha was deep in thought. The days here had been too boring. There was no fighting, and it was getting to him. An archery competition sounded like it could be the closest thing they'd get to a fight. Beside, it might be good practice for her. How could he make Kagome enter? What did she want?

The phone rang and Inuyasha jumped. Oh, it was only that weird talking box. Kagome picked it up. Inuyasha's keen ears could just make out the muffled words.

"Hi Kagome!" It was one of Kagome's girl groupies that followed her everywhere.

"Kagome, we all think that you and Inuyasha are going out. Why don't you take him to the dance in a few weeks? He's really cute!"

"We're not going out. I mean, not really. Anyway, who cares about some dance?"

"Remember, how we were really mad at you when you kept turning down Hojo's offers to go out? We never told you, but we spiked the punch you kept drinking at the last party we went to. Well, we took a picture that night. We might have to blackmail you if you keep turning down all these hot guys!"

Kagome suddenly hung up the phone and blushed. Inuyasha came back into the room, as innocent as a child. He drew her upstairs and into her room.

"Oi, Kagome, you will do the archery contest."

This superior act awoke a rivalry she hadn't felt since she and Inuyasha were in his world. "And why should I? I don't do anything unless I want to."

Inuyasha gave her a cruel grin. This was just the reaction he'd been waiting for. "So do you think your mom would like to find out about your little drinking episode?"

Kagome turned bright red. She had forgotten about his youkai ears. "So what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I want you to enter the archery contest. That's all." His attitude was really starting to get on her nerves. She opened her mouth to sit him, but he quickly clamped a hand on her mouth. "I wouldn't try that. It's no secret that you can sit me, but it is a secret that you got drunk! I would still tell your whole world about tipsy Kagome." He was enjoying this way too much!

"Fine! But you better not think you can get me to do anything else!"

This was more like it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow I got more reviews last chapter! Heehee see I knew you could do it. Only takes a minute. *counts up the reviews* Five reviews! Let's see if we can beat that on this chapter! Many thanks my friends! Without readers, I would get about as far as a rock thrown into the sea. Doesn't that sound all pretty? Heehee. Well, arigotou arigotou arigotou.