InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ An Arrow Through My Heart Part 1 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 9: An Arrow Through My Heart Part 1

Inuyasha was starting to think he could fit in at school. It was Monday and all day he hadn't needed any help with school or homework from Kagome (unfortunately). In fact, his math teacher had declared to the class that HE was an exceptional student. Of course, he received a few jealous looks, but who cares? Even Hojo had left him alone.

Kagome really REALLY didn't want to join this competition. The contest was on Wednesday and it had been on her mind all day. She hated doing things in front of people, but decided she might as well make the most of it! The part that worried her the most was that Inuyasha might blackmail her more after the competition was over, and who knows what a hanyou would ask her to do!

Hojo stared at Kagome with loving eyes. Why was she always with that new student? Most importantly, why did Inuyasha get so angry when he asked her out the other day? He thought for a second before a thought struck him. That was it! Inuyasha was just a really weird guy!

When the two got home, Kagome went strait to the yard near the Goshinboku tree. This is a change, thought Inuyasha. She usually rushes upstairs and crams as much studying or homework in as possible! He silently followed, climbed the great tree, and hid in the boughs of it.

Kagome carefully tied a bandana around her forehead to prohibit sweat from dripping into her eyes. Next, she set up a large cardboard box a fair distance away. The day before, she had painted a target on it while Inuyasha wasn't around. What would he say if he knew she was actually worried about the competition? She notched a homemade arrow to her wooden bow. Then, silently, she drew the string, and let the arrow fly. It flew strait and true right towards the center of the target. At the last second a slight breeze picked up and threw the arrow off course. She darted to the box and examined her mark. It was a full centimeter away from the center!!

Inuyasha nearly fell out of the tree! She was actually worried about this contest thing! Didn't she know that she was the best with a bow? No one else could come near her mark! Maybe he'd better stop her, before she worried too much. He knew that humans sometimes lost sleep when they were worried or excited.

"Oy, Kagome! Are you afraid?"

Kagome froze. He'd been watching her practice! "Inuyasha, mind your own business!" She was about to sit him, when he jumped down and came over with a strange, gently look on his face. Before she could say anything else, he swept her into his arms and hugged her to him.

He whispered in her ear, "Kagome, you will win. I have faith in you."

He let go of her and backed toward the house. Speechless, Kagome watched him go. When Inuyasha disappeared inside, Kagome carried the box to the back, and threw it into the woods to decompose.

The next day, Kagome wasn't as worried about things. She finished most of her homework in school and at lunch. Inuyasha finished most of his homework and helped her with it. It was really embarrassing to receive help from someone who had just joined school, but she decided to swallow her pride, and get it over with.

At gym that day, Kagome heard her name being called.

"Kagome! Kagome!"

Kagome sighed. Her friends had gotten more and more annoying as the days progressed. They wouldn't leave her alone about Inuyasha and Hojo.

"Kagome, we just found out that Hojo is entering the archery contest also! When we told him you were in it, he made a bet with us. If he beats you, then he gets to go on a date with you on Saturday. If you beat him, you have to kiss him!"

Kagome just stared, still trying to absorb this. Only Hojo would make a bet with her through one of her eager, matchmaking friends. Luckily, Inuyasha's class was too far away for him to hear. She glanced toward the boys just to make sure. Inuyasha was doing the rest of his homework in the tall grass. Apparently, he had finished all the exercises early.

"Kagome, are you listening, did you hear?"

She stopped her friends from repeating it, incase Inuyasha came closer. Numbly she sat down on the dirt in the middle of their softball game. She saw the dilemma. Inuyasha wouldn't want her to kiss Hojo or go out with him, but Inuyasha was the one making her enter the contest! She examined her choices and decided that she had better win. She would have to pull Hojo into a deserted alley and give him a small kiss. Somehow, she'd make up something to get him to shut up about it. She just couldn't let Inuyasha know!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

About my strange dog: I have this really tiny dog, Moku. I swear, if we entered her into a "strange dog" contest, she'd win all three places! She likes to wake everyone up in the middle of the night by licking their faces! If you hold her upside down, she kicks her front paws downward like she'd trying to dance! She's really nice, though, so we don't mind. One time, we let her run outside without an electric fence, thinking she'd come back. We, er, sort of forgot about her, and when we opened the door a few hours later, she was lying faithfully in the garage, asleep. I think Moku's the coolest, though, so I can't complain. Do any of you have any weird pets? I think pets make you laugh a lot.

Cheers!

~Isuki-chan