InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ All Together Again ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 18: All Together Again

It was starting to snow lightly as Inuyasha nearly dragged Kagome to her house. Kagome didn't understand why she was going with him, since she would be in trouble for skipping school. Why was it that whenever she thought that she was starting to understand him, he went and did something completely out of character. It was like pealing an onion. She kept finding new layers, and usually she ended up crying.

They reached Kagome's house, and Inuyasha dragged her inside. "Kagome, I'm going to change out of these weird clothes, please wait here." He disappeared for a few minutes upstairs. When he came back down, he was dressed in his normal clothes. Obviously he wasn't planning on going back to school that day. He took her arm again and brought her to the nearby shrine. There, he sat her down and looked straight at her.

"Inuyasha, what's going on? Why did I have to leave school? I'm freezing, can't we go inside?"

The hanyou just stood his ground, but pulled her close to him to keep her warm. "Kagome, that teacher made a good point. I need to go home. Please, can you give me the charm now?"

Kagome sighed. She knew he hadn't forgotten about it. "Inuyasha, there is something you should know about the charm. It will only work for an hour. If you are still in feudal Japan when the hour is up, your soul will be pulled back here and your body will remain there. You can't stay there over an hour, understand?"

Inuyasha just soaked this new information in. He had been planning on collecting a new shard piece, but it was obvious that there wouldn't be time for that. He would have to speak to Kaede-baba.

"Kagome, I understand. Give me the charm." He held out a clawed hand.

Kagome passed the necklace to him and stifled a giggle as he put it on. He was starting to look very modern with all these necklaces.

"There's no time to waste; let's go!" Inuyasha's heart skipped a beat in excitement. He was finally going home!

~*~*~*~

Kaede examined her newest information on Inuyasha's predicament. It seemed that when Inuyasha wore the new necklace, his old one was canceled out. Therefore, Kagome had no control over him in this world. Kaede decided she would avoid telling the two about this information. It was better if Inuyasha still thought Kagome could control him. If she told Kagome, the girl might let it slip to Inuyasha. Kaede sat down on the floor and waited. She expected the hanyou to come any second now. Knowing him, he wouldn't be able to resist coming back as soon as he received the charm.

~*~*~*~

Sango, Miroku, and Shippo searched everywhere. For hours Sango had the feeling that Kohaku was close, but he didn't appear anywhere. Finally, when the trio were exhausted and worn out, they headed back to Kaede's.

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha took his first breath on his side of the well with pleasure. He was home, if only temporarily. Homesickness he hadn't known he had left him and he felt freer than he had in a long time.

"Kagome, since I only have an hour, we need to speak with Kaede as quickly as possible." He waited for her nod before his strong arms flipped her onto his back. The ground flew by as the hanyou sped through the surrounding forest.

~*~*~*~

Sango sighed from weariness. Kaede's village was only a few yards away; once there she could rest and consider her next move. Her gaze wandered to the forest in a last search for her brother.

Wait, what was that movement? It looked suspiciously like Inuyasha with Kagome on his back heading towards Kaede's. How did he get back? Surprised and excited, she turned to the lingering Miroku and Shippo. "Kagome and Inuyasha are back!"

~*~*~*~

Inuyasha paused, his ears flicking towards the noise. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were just a little ways down the road! He abruptly halted and called out to the first one he saw.

"Oy, Sango, it's me!" His feet continued to carry them towards the inviting hut.

"How did you get back? Are you all right?"

"Hai. Let Kaede explain it to you later, my time is limited. I only have an hour here. What have you been doing?"

Miroku, hating to be left out of the conversation, answered, "We've been looking for Kohaku. Sango says she senses him nearby."

"Kagome, how much time is left?" He glanced at her.

"It's been ten minutes. You have fifty left." She had strapped a watch to her wrist earlier and had been put in charge of keeping track of time.

"Ok, let's talk to Kaede."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey all! Has anyone ever written an idea and then, when they read another fic, you see someone who took a part of your idea? This just happened to me yesterday and I was really annoyed! Oh well. *Knocks self on head with hammer * I shouldn't jump to conclusions. They might of come up with a similar idea.

Sorry for the brief halt in updating! I was bogged down with schoolwork and various other stresses. It's a snow day today though! The first this year for me. In celebration I'll update twice today! One now, and one at night.

Cheers!

~Isuki-chan