InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Timeless and Captured ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!
Chapter 19: Timeless and Captured

When the reunited group filed into Kaede's hut, the miko didn't look the least bit surprised. Damn, she's been expecting us the whole time, thought Inuyasha. Kaede knew him too well.

Simultaneously, the five sat down. Kagome noticed that Miroku had sat next to Sango who was occupying herself by petting Kirara on her lap. His hand was twitching suspiciously towards her back, so Kagome turned her attention to the miko and decided to let Sango deal with him. Inuyasha, however, hadn't noticed anything and had already begun his questioning of Kaede.

"Kaede-baba, tell me if this is permanent."

"That is hard to say Inuyasha. Kikyo's spell is very powerful. I can, however, continue to make charms until the problem is solved." Kaede was interrupted by a sudden scream of rage.

"HENTAI!!!" *Slap* Kagome smiled; apparently Miroku had moved his hand.

"I was merely trying to, er, scratch your back for you Sango," a red-faced Miroku said in defense.

Inuyasha ignored the interruption. "Kaede-baba, can you improve the time limit?"

"Hmm, I believe I can. I will have to work at it for a little, though."

Inuyasha stood up and went outside. He had learned everything he needed to know. Kagome followed like a silent shadow. When she reached the mat on the door, Kaede stopped her.

"Kagome, come here." She obeyed. Kaede cupped a hand over her ear so that Inuyasha would not hear what she whispered.

"Kagome, be careful of Inuyasha. He hasn't been acting himself. The old Inuyasha would be cursing and throwing a fit after receiving that news. Something, maybe your world or the spell, has given him more patience and less temper. Understand?"

"Hai. I've noticed this too. Please Kaede, don't worry. He will probably return to himself sooner or later."

~*~*~*~


Inuyasha looked up at the clear sky and shook his head. What was he going to do? He didn't have enough time to go shard hunting, but he couldn't afford to stop hunting the shards for this long! What if Naraku had already stolen all the remaining pieces? He shook his head again. He wouldn't let that happen. He wandered to the woods were he would be able to think quietly.

When Kagome found Inuyasha, he was lost in thought, leaning against a tree. She was worried about him. Why was he acting so kind and affectionate? Whenever she caught him alone, like now, he seemed to be so immersed in his thoughts that she hated to interrupt him. Since when was Inuyasha thoughtful? Before this whole adventure with school had started, he was either being a jerk, chasing after Kikyo, or fighting a monster. Lately he hadn't done any of these.

"Inuyasha?"

The hanyou glanced at the concerned Kagome and realized that he was thinking too much again. He was about to comfort her when he heard a strange noise a little ways off. Inuyasha gripped Tetsusaiga and stood in front of Kagome protectively.

"So, you have returned hanyou," a child's voice echoed through the forest.

"Inuyasha, be careful, you only have twenty minutes. I recognize that voice. It's Kohaku!" Kohaku? What was he doing here? So Sango had been right. Inuyasha searched the trees for a sign of the young exterminator. There! Something was moving a little ways off. He dashed at it, following it through the forest.

Kagome watched as Inuyasha disappeared into the foliage. She was unsure of whether she should go for the others, or help Inuyasha. Indecision crossed her, but after a moment she decided to go find Sango and the others. After all, Sango should know that her brother was here and Inuyasha would be fine without her.

She hadn't gone ten feet when a child jumped into her path. It was Kohaku! But who was Inuyasha chasing? She was about to scream a warning when Kohaku's hand clamped her mouth and shut out the sound.

"You must come with me now miko." Her last thought was of Inuyasha's safety as he knocked her on the head with his weapon. Darkness enveloped her and she knew no more.

~*~*~*~


Inuyasha sniffed the air as he ran. Kohaku had no scent! Always before he could smell death on him, but he smelled nothing today. What was going on here?

Abruptly, the moving figure stopped and shot out of the trees. Inuyasha was surprised that it wasn't Kohaku! A baboon clothed man was standing before him; one of Naraku's puppets. Rage overcame him as he charged the figure, sword held high.

A thought struck him. Kagome! She was in trouble! He would have turned back, but a tentacle shot out from the baboon skins and grabbed him around the middle. If he could loosen his arm, he could slice the tentacle with Tetsusaiga.

As if in answer, a boomerang cut through the air and sliced the tentacle that held him prisoner. Inuyasha landed on his feet while Miroku used his Kazaana to suck up the puppet. There wasn't a sign of the poison bees. The others had found him! Shippo, apparently, was still sleeping in the safety of the hut. He breathed a sigh of relief, but not for long. Kagome was still in danger! Miroku stopped him from running off to find her with his staff baring the way.

"Inuyasha, your time is almost up! You have to go back to the well or you'll lose your soul!" Miroku's words struck Inuyasha. How long had it been? But what about Kagome?

"I can't! Kagome needs me! I have to find her, I think Kohaku has her."

Sango grimaced. She had been right, Kohaku was near and now Kagome was in trouble because of her brother. She had to find him!

"Inuyasha, we will find her and save her. You have to go back now, there's no time! You're no use to Kagome without a soul!"

Inuyasha would have stayed, but Sango, Miroku, and Kirara were surrounding him. When he tried to jump over them, Sango just whacked him on the head with Haraikotsu with all her might. Inuyasha crumpled to the ground, unconscious. Miroku and Sango lifted him from the ground and hurried to find the well. Thank the gods that it wasn't far away. Before dumping him in, Miroku promised, "We will find her Inuyasha. We WILL get her back!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hmmm, very cliffhangerish of me, neh? Well, don't worry; I'll try to get the next chapter out ASAP. Magic happens^-^

Many MANY thanks to Hououza for all your wonderful reviews! They were really appreciated!

~Isuki-chan