InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ An Ignorant Kitsune Can Be a Good Thing ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!
Chapter 20: An Ignorant Kitsune Can Be A Good Thing

"BAKA!!!!" Inuyasha slammed his fist into the bottom of the well. Kagome was in trouble and now he was unable to protect her. How the hell did he let this happen?

Inuyasha had been stubbornly trying the well for the past hour. The charm that Kaede had given him was missing. It must have been destroyed when the time limit ran out. How the hell was he going to get to Kagome?

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, Shippo woke up in the deserted hut. Where were the others? Looking around, he saw Kagome's shards nearby on the ground. Had she forgotten them? No, Kagome would never forget the shards. She was probably in a hurry to go somewhere. Shippo crept to the door and peeked out. There was no one in sight! Oh no, Kagome must have gone back to her world while he was sleeping! He was becoming very upset that she never was around anymore.

Shippo quickly formed a plan. The only way to get Kagome to come back was if Inuyasha were to come back also. He had to bring one of those charm thingies that Kaede was working on, use the shards to go to Kagome's world, and then bring both the hanyou and Kagome back! He tried hard to remember all the details, and then went in search of Kaede.

"Kirara, follow him!" Sango was anxiously awaiting her meeting with her dead brother. She had to get him back this time. Miroku was sitting in front of her on Kirara, since she didn't trust him to sit behind her. Ahead, a castle came into view. The castle looked dark and foreboding in the vanishing light.

~*~*~*~

When she woke, Kagome screamed as loud as she could for Inuyasha.

"I'm afraid that won't help you my dear." The deep voice was coming from her left, close by. That voice had haunted her in her sleep many times, it was Naraku. She tried to move, but she found that her legs wouldn't carry her. Only her head worked, presumably so that she could speak. Looking down she noticed that her legs were tied under her in a kneeling position.

"What do you want baka?" Kagome spat with disgust.

"Relax miko. You have something that belongs to me, that is all."

"For your information the Shikon No Tama doesn't belong to you!"

"Oh, and I suppose you think it belongs to you?"

"It belongs to no one but its protector. Filth like you shouldn't be allowed near it." Kagome was surprising herself with her boldness. Since when did she speak with such hate? No matter, Naraku deserved nothing better. In fact, he deserved a lot worse. His face came into view in front of her. She hadn't even been aware that he had moved. His cold calculating eyes looked her up and down.

"You don't have it. Tell me where it is."

Kagome stayed silent and became fascinated with the floor. Naraku kneeled down to her height and lifted her chin with his right hand. Boredom was easily read on his face.

"You waste my time. If you don't have it, I presume that your hanyou does. Since I have you, he will come to me with the shards. The meddling humans that travel with him won't even be able to break through the barrier on this castle."

A smaller shape appeared in the background.

"Kohaku, you have done well. Perhaps I will let you live a little longer; you may have a use."

The boy showed no emotion, only bowed his head. His empty eyes looked up at his master in a show of respect.

"Thank you master."

~*~*~*~

It didn't take Shippo that long to find Kaede. The miko was tending to a garden behind the hut, a few yards away from where Shippo stood. She bent to pull an herb from the soil before asking, "What brings you Shippo? What can I do for you?"

"Where are the others?" Shippo yelled to the elder.

"I saw them run off a while ago. Kagome and Inuyasha went into the forest, and shortly after, Miroku and Sango followed. I assume that Inuyasha was saying goodbye, since the time limit was almost up."

This confirmed the little kitsune's suspicions. "Can I please bring one of your charms to Inuyasha? Kagome left her shards here and I want to give them back to her. Since I'll be in her world, I might as well bring Inuyasha a charm for later."

Kaede smiled at his plan. "Shippo, how will you get back to this world once you give Kagome the shards?"

Shippo had already thought of this. "She will have to come back with me and then take the shards back. She must have one with her, since she went through."

Kaede nodded at this answer. Shippo had apparently thought this all out. She wouldn't be the one to ruin his well thought plans. "Fine, I have a charm that I've been working on. It was going to be a longer lasting charm, but you may take that to him since I won't have time to improve it. It should be near the sleep mats inside."

Shippo was gone even before she had finished. He quickly scooped up the shards and the charm. He hoped he would be able to make it to the well before it became pitch black.

~*~*~*~


Sango was furious! The barrier was too strong to get through.

"Miroku, is there any other way to get through?"

"No," he replied. "The barrier runs around the entire structure. We have to find a way through." Inuyasha would be able to slice it with Tetsaiga, he thought to himself.

~*~*~*~

Shippo made it to the well just as it was becoming hard to see in the shadowed forest. He hopped onto the rim of the well, clutched the shards, and leaped in.

Inuyasha had climbed up to the rim of the well and was abut to try another jump, when a shape appeared at the bottom. Immediately, he smelled Shippo.

"Shippo, what are you doing here?" Inuyasha was so enraged that he didn't notice what the kitsune was carrying.

"Inuyasha, where is Kagome? I brought the shards for her since she left them in the hut. I also brought you one of those charms. Can Kagome come back now?"

Inuyasha nearly landed on Shippo when he hastily jumped into the well. "Give me those shards and that charm! I have to save Kagome!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Heehee I'm getting good at cliffhangers, neh? Sorry again about the bad stopping point.

I'll be back on the schedule of updating once a day now, so no worries. Sorry for leaving you all hanging for a bit there. I'll have the next chapter up tomorrow afternoon at some point. *hugs all her reviewers*

CHEERS!

~Isuki-chan