InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Paralyzed and Enraged ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!
Chapter 21: Paralyzed and Enraged

"Give me the damn charm brat!" Inuyasha reached for the kitsune but was too late; Shippo had jumped out of the way.

"What do you mean you have to save Kagome? Tell me right now or else I won't give you this charm." Shippo crossed his arms over his chest looking very much like Inuyasha.

"Baka, we don't have time for this! Just hand it over brat!" Inuyasha leaped at Shippo and barely knocked the charm out of his hand sending it flying into the wall of the well. Snatching the charm, Inuyasha skirted a confused Shippo, and scaled the wall. At the top, Inuyasha jumped in, ignoring the wails of the frightened kitsune.

This was definitely not Shippo's day. First, everyone disappears. Second, Inuyasha had told him that Kagome needed to be saved. Third, an annoyed hanyou was about to fall right on top of him! He grabbed the rock wall and began climbing just in time. Inuyasha passed him and disappeared into the shadows. All that was left of the hanyou was a breeze. When Shippo was a fair distance from the ground he also leapt. Now he could see why Kagome went back and forth so much; it was fun! If he could, he would do it all the time! On the other side, Shippo just barely caught a glance at a frantic Inuyasha. Wow, he's gotten fast lately, Shippo thought. I wonder if it's because he cares about Kagome?

Inuyasha ran. He ran so fast and so hard that he was gasping within minutes. Ignoring his fatigue, he forced his feet to beat the ground faster and harder than before. Kohaku had Kagome which only meant one thing; Naraku. Instinctively, Inuyasha flexed his claws. If Naraku laid a finger on his Kagome, he would pound him into the dust. Actually, he was planning on doing that anyway for payback.

Following Kagome's scent, he easily found the fortress. Without thinking, Inuyasha charged the gate, moving almost as fast as Kouga in his hast. After covering half the distance between him and the castle, Inuyasha hit something solid and was knocked flat. His acceleration only made the shock worse. Stupid, Inuyasha thought, he should have known there would be a barrier!

Tetsusaiga was unsheathed before he knew what he was doing. Impatient to get to Kagome, Inuyasha swung at the barrier with all his might.

"Kazu No Kizu!"

The barrier split like cheese and Inuyasha sped at the gate once more, this time he passed it without being stopped. Inuyasha was so worried that he didn't even consider the fact that it had never been this easy to enter one of Naraku's lairs. He burst through the double doors, sword in hand.

"Kagome!" Silence. Where the hell was everyone? The whole chamber was quiet and it seemed like no one was home. Inuyasha, however, knew better than that! Taking a few steps forward, he cautiously spun in a circle, examining the room. The great wooden doors slammed shut. He couldn't see anything in the darkness. He sniffed the air but couldn't smell Kagome.

From the far corner of the room there was a low chuckle. Quick as a flash, Inuyasha swung at the corner, but felt nothing come into contact with his sword. What kind of damn mind trick was Naraku playing?

"Inuyasha. You need not be so impetuous. What is the rush?" The deep voice seemed to come from everywhere.

"Naraku you coward, come out and face me!"

"Why do you care about her? She is only a weak human with no great talents. Does she mean so much to you?"

"Bastard! Where is she?"

"She is unharmed, but not unchanged. Perhaps you would like to see her with your own eyes?" The disembodied voice chuckled again.

Suddenly, in another dark pocket of the room, a bright light flared. Huddled on her knees, arms bound to each other and kneeling on the floor, was Kagome! Her head was bent downwards and she looked as if she were praying. He ran over to her and felt her, looking for any sign of injuries.

Something was wrong. Kagome wasn't moving; she didn't even look like she was breathing! On top of that, she didn't have any smell on her.

"You bastard, what have you done to my Kagome?! You'll rot in hell for this!" Inuyasha was beyond rage. He felt as if he could tear apart the world! His eyes twitched back and forth, looking for his enemy. Kagome looked like she was dead!

Kagome wanted to scream, wanted to do anything that would let Inuyasha know that she was alright. The truth was, though, she didn't know if she was alright. Naraku had done something to her so that she couldn't move, talk, breath, or do anything that would indicate that she was alive! She felt like a stone that was glued to the bottom of an ocean. Although she seemed it, she was definitely not dead.

Kagome, you won't be able to walk away from this. One of you will die. He thinks that you are already dead, and you are powerless to help him or tell him otherwise.

Kagome wanted to shut him out more than anything. Naraku had been talking to her in her head since Inuyasha had arrived. How was it possible that he had paralyzed her so completely? How was she alive when she couldn't feel herself breath? Terror overcame her and she fought as hard as she could against the imprisoning spell.

Give up miko, the powers of the Shikon No Tama are far greater than yours. The harder you struggle, the more likely it is that I will kill Inuyasha.

Why didn't he want her to struggle? His threat must mean that it was possible for her to escape. She concentrated on breaking the spell.

Inuyasha will die now. He will die and it will be your fault.

Inuyasha continued to search the room blindly. The light had disappeared again and he was blind. Luckily, unlike humans, sight wasn't the only sense he relied upon. His ears stiffened as he strained for any kind of noise. There! Something was moving to his left, near Kagome. It had to be Naraku!

"Naraku, I will never forgive you for this!"

Kagome saw Naraku appear in front of her before Inuyasha heard him. She concentrated all her will power on saying just one word. She started to feel the spell weaken. Was it her miko powers or her affection towards Inuyasha that was breaking the spell?

Inuyasha was prepared to demolish Naraku. Tetsusaiga was positioned in front of him and he was about to leap when something stopped him cold in his tracks.

"Inuyasha help!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wheeeee another chapter out! Hey you guys are awesome, I've received about 68 reviews! Woohoo!! Keep it coming, I love to get feedback on my chapters. Well anyway, hope you enjoy and once again, sorry for the cliffhanger. I can't promise to stop these, but next chapter the whole Naraku problem should be fairly resolved I think.

Ja!
~Isuki-chan