InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Omniscient Love ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!
Chapter 22: Omniscient Love

Inuyasha felt as if his feet were rooted to the ground. Kagome was alive? Looking over, she didn't look alive. Was it his imagination or had she called out to him? Her body was still in the kneeling position. Naraku must have done something to his Kagome to paralyze her! Like a mad beast, Inuyasha dashed to Kagome and swept her off the ground. If she was still alive, he had to get her out of here. Besides, his time limit was probably almost up.

Kagome would have kissed the hanyou if she could have. He had heard her, and for once he wasn't being stubborn and continuing to fight Naraku. Actually, Naraku hadn't really fought. He must be planning something, or he knew something they didn't. She attempted to warn Inuyasha, but once again she couldn't move her mouth.

"Kagome, I know that you can hear me. Please, don't worry. I'll get you out of here." Concern for Kagome made Inuyasha's actions differ from what he would normally do. He vaulted towards the closed doors and tried to burst through. The doors wouldn't move!

That egregious laugh came once again. Inuyasha was getting VERY tired of that.

"Don't you see Inuyasha, you can not leave. Besides, what do you want with a dead girl?"

"She's not dead you bastard! Didn't you fucking hear her scream?!"

"Inuyasha, I heard nothing. Perhaps you are so infatuated with this girl that your mind could not take in her death. Why would you fall in love with a weak human like she used to be?"

"Dammit she's not dead!" Inuyasha was beginning to lose whatever calm he still possessed.

Naraku was only stalling this fight because, inside, Naraku was very annoyed and confused. How could a pathetic reincarnation like this girl defeat the Shikon No Tama? Was it her miko powers? No, he had felt no power from her. It must be something else. He would have to look into this later.

"Inu…..yasha." Kagome was gradually breaking the spell. Her lips were beginning to work again. If only she could get them out while Naraku was still thinking. "My…..hand…..door."

At first Inuyasha didn't understand. Her hand door? He had to try something so, gently, he lifted her hand and placed it on the door.

Kagome concentrated all her powers on the door, willing the spell to break. After only a moment, it shattered like glass, and she weakly pushed the doors open. She felt so tired…..if only she could rest.

Inuyasha was startled! Since when did Kagome have that kind of power? He had to get her to her time so he could examine her more thoroughly.

"Inuyasha you coward, leaving a fight! I will not let you escape!" Naraku charged the pair while Inuyasha was pondering Kagome's condition.

With the last of her strength, Kagome pushed the doors closed and reunited the spell that she had destroyed. Naraku was staled just long enough for Inuyasha to get away, grasping an unconscious Kagome.

Shippo was still oblivious to all the action. He had been spending his time jumping back and forth through the well. He had pushed aside any thoughts that Kagome might be in danger. Inuyasha was probably just trying to scare him.

When Inuyasha had broken the barrier, Kirara would have taken Sango and Miroku into the fortress, but Miroku stopped the large beast.

"Miroku, we have to go help Inuyasha!"

"Sango, we would only get in Inuyasha's way. I have a feeling that Inuyasha will be more than capable of protecting Kagome. Besides, he might take it as an insult that we came to help him. He doesn't like to compromise when Kagome's safety is in question."

Sango stayed silent and waited for the pair to return.

When Inuyasha came outside the front gate, he gasped. He felt as if something were tugging at his soul, trying to take it from him. It was as if he were being ripped into a thousand pieces. Staggering, he clutched Kagome to him and fell.

Sango saw Inuyasha stagger and signaled Kirara to land. She and Miroku carried the couple onto Kirara's furry back, and they were off.

Inuyasha, barely awake, searched for Kagome. When his eyes fell on the sleeping girl near still clinging to his chest, he smiled and gave in to the pain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, ok, I'll bet you're getting REALLY fed up with cliffhangers. The problem is, I can't stop this story at any point that WON'T be a cliffhanger. Poor poor Isuki-chan^.^ These last few chapters have been so fun to write! See you in the next chappy!

~Isuki-chan