InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ All's Well That Ends Well In A Well ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!
Chapter 23: All's Well That Ends Well In A Well

The ride to Kaede's was silent. There were only two sentences spoke. Sango was very worried about Inuyasha; she was afraid that his soul might already be gone. Glancing over at the unconscious pair, she asked, "Miroku, are they……"

"Sango, they are not dead, and Inuyasha is still clinging to his stubborn soul."

When they reached Kaede's hut, the two carried their friends inside. Sango took Kagome, since Miroku wasn't trusted with an unconscious girl. Fortunately, Kaede was home. They didn't have to explain anything, just point to the charm that was still strung around Inuyasha's neck. Kaede handed Miroku another charm. The hut was almost as silent as the ride over had been.

"Miroku, take Inuyasha to the well with this charm. He will be alright, once he is returned to Kagome's world. Kagome must go back also, since Inuyasha will want to be with her."

Miroku nodded and went to comply with her wishes. Sango aided Kaede with treating Kagome. The younger miko was barely breathing, but that was an improvement from being completely paralyzed. Sango went to fetch some water for Kaede.

Shippo was still clueless. He had tired himself out from jumping in and out of wells for at least an hour. Exhausted, he collapsed against the side of the ancient well, the shards pressed into his stomach. He had a very funny dream that Miroku was carrying Inuyasha towards him. Inuyasha looked like he was dead, and when Miroku reached him, he dumped Inuyasha's body into the well. Well that was strange, thought Shippo. The kitsune gave a little growl, and then curled back into a ball.

Miroku felt like he was lugging a dead body around! He hoped Inuyasha and Kagome were alright. It was still a big mystery what had happened in that castle. When he spotted the kitsune, he gave a small laugh. What was Shippo doing with the shards? Shippo was lucky that no youkai had found him. They would all be in BIG trouble if that had happened. Snatching the kitsune and the shards, Miroku headed back to the hut.

"I thought you said that Kagome was going to go back with Inuyasha."

"She will, but first we need to revive her. A very powerful paralyzing spell was put on her, and I can see that she used all her strength to break it. I'm very surprised that she COULD break it. Investigations will have to wait until she is woken up."

Sango waited patiently on the floor. Kaede had already told her that there was nothing she could do to help; she would only get in the way. Kirara curled into Sango's lap, waiting as patiently as Sango.

Miroku burst in. "How is she?"

"Miroku, please wait with Sango. Kagome will be fine."

The priest plopped down next to Sango, and tried to keep his hands away from her backside.

Kagome felt as if she were surrounded by darkness. She fought it with all her might, but no matter what she did, it just kept coming closer to swallow her up. In the corner of her mind, Kagome saw a bright light. She ran towards it as fast as she could. She could see her friends waiting for her there. Her feet slowly took her to it.

Shooting upright, Kagome woke up. She saw her friends all around the room, even Shippo was there. But where was Inuyasha? Didn't something happen to him? Oh yes, Kikyo's spell.

"PERVERT!!!" Sango whipped around to face Miroku. Miroku braced himself for a slap, but was surprised when none came. He sighed; his hands had minds of their own sometimes.

Sango had realized that Kagome was awake. "Kagome, are you alright?"

Kagome turned her head to look at them. "Sango? I feel so weak….."

Kaede took over and took Kagome's arm. "Kagome, the effects of the spell still haven't worn off completely yet. Your legs might not work too well yet. Can you stand?"

Kagome leaned on Kaede and stood on shaky legs. Why couldn't she control her legs? She felt as if her brain was telling her legs to do something, but they wouldn't listen. "Kaede, where is Inuyasha?"

"Inuyasha is safe. He is on your side of the well; he still has his spirit. Can you tell us what happened before you go to him?"

Kagome sighed; she didn't want to go through it again. She wanted to be with Inuyasha. She remorsefully told them the story.

Kaede had to study this. How could Kagome break TWO spells from the Shikon No Tama? Not only that, Kagome had put one of the spells back together again after she shattered it. Until now, Kaede had never heard of this happening.

"Kaede, may we take Kagome back to the well now? She is obviously yearning to go home." Miroku stood, hoping that Sango had forgotten about his searching hand. He grabbed the jar of shards and handed it to the girl. "Shippo had these. Apparently he found them. You should be more careful with those."

Kagome smiled. She was lucky to have friends like these. "Arigatou, Miroku."

Sango stood with Miroku and went on either side of the feeble girl. Kagome leaned on them and they gradually made their way to the well.

When Inuyasha woke, he felt exhausted and drained. Where was Kagome? Where was he? Looking around, he saw that he was at the bottom of the well. What surprised him more was that right next to him, sleeping lightly, was Kagome. She must have gone back through with him. He sniffed her and checked her over for signs of an injury. She seemed to be ok now.

In her sleep, Kagome snuggled even closer to the hanyou. Inuyasha saw her eyes twitch, and open. Kagome smiled weakly up at him and all concern melted away into compassion. Finally a moment of peace, thought Inuyasha as he settled back down. The weary couple fell asleep once again, their arms locked around each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Awww so sweet! Ok everyone, due to a HUGE majority, this fic will most likely never end! Woohoo! Well, it will probably end sometime, but not for a while. Anyway, you guys rock! I woke up this morning and I was walking around in a daze. Then I made my way over to the computer and I'm talking to myself (I do that in the morning). I went on and I had many nice reviews waiting for me^^. I was like dying with happiness! Without you guys, I think I would become a nun and never talk to anyone again. Thanks a bunch!!!! Cheers!

~Isuki-chan