InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Since When Do Hanyous Dance? ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 24: Since When Do Hanyous Dance?

"Shippo, do you understand now?" It was morning and Miroku and Sango had been explaining all the events of the previous evening to him. Shippo had found it all hard to believe. All this had happened while he was sleeping and playing? To top that, he hadn't even been able to say goodbye to Kagome!

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, Kagome and Inuyasha were still huddled together in the well, trying to keep out the late autumn chill. Inuyasha awoke before Kagome did. He gazed at the miko who was resting her head on his arm.

"Inu….yasha?"

Kagome woke and met the eyes of the hanyou who was regarding her with such compassion. She sighed with content. She found herself once again asking why they couldn't always be like this.

"Kagome, are you feeling better?"

"Hai. I feel like nothing was ever wrong with me."

"Good." Before she knew it, his mouth pressed against hers in a sweet, gentle kiss. Wow, she thought, maybe I'll get captured by Naraku more often. They broke apart, but Inuyasha only pulled her into another intensely passionate kiss. When they pulled apart, they both looked down at the ground, both of their faces flame red.

"So, Inuyasha, thank you for saving me."

"Baka, what did you think I'd do? Don't ever do that again! You'll scare me to death!"

Well, so much for compassion. Inuyasha could really get on her nerves one second, then the next he would be holding her! I guess he's just worried, she told herself.

"Don't think you're following me everywhere! If you do, you might find yourself with back pains by the end of the week!"

Damn, he had forgotten about the charm. He would have to watch her without her knowing it. There was no way that there would be a repeat of what occurred yesterday!

"Inuyasha, I just want things to go back to normal." Kagome's soft whisper was barely audible.

"They will Kagome, they will."

~*~*~*~

Kaede had figured it out! It wasn't Kagome's miko powers that allowed her to break those spells! It was something inside her, some hidden strength that demolished the Shikon No Tama's power. The strength inside Kagome was amazing, and if she could harness it when she wanted to, she could beat anything the Shikon No Tama threw at her. However, what had caused this strength? This would require more studies.

~*~*~*~

Kagome's mom was surprised and happy to see them back. Inuyasha had a word with her mother and she agreed that they could skip school that day. Apparently, Kagome had dysentery and had missed school the day before because of this. Kagome made a note to herself to kill her grandfather when she had the time.

Kagome went upstairs, and Inuyasha was about to follow her, when Souta caught his eye. The little human was frantically waving at him from the other room, and then putting a finger to his lips to signal to be quiet. Well, Kagome would be all right here, he thought. He followed the beckoning boy outside.

"What do you want?"

"Inuyasha, do you know what a dance is?" Souta looked like he was plotting something.

"No. Is that all?" He turned to go, but was stopped again.

"Wait. This might interest you. Dances are where a guy takes a girl to a big room filled with decorations and colorful lights. They are all about showing someone how much you care for them. If someone isn't asked to a dance, it is considered an insult for girls. There is a dance coming up, and Kagome doesn't have anyone to go with."

This caught Inuyasha's attention. What if Hojo asked Kagome to the dance? No, he was warned to stay away from her. But if Kagome weren't asked to go, would she take this as a sign that he didn't care for her? "Go on, I'm listening."

"Well, when you enter the room, music will be playing. Um, I'll explain about music later. Anyway, on the dance floor, girls and guys link hands and they dance."

Inuyasha was very confused. What was dancing and music? Could he learn these things? "How can I learn these things?"

Souta smiled, "I thought you might be interested in this." Souta grabbed Inuyasha's hand and led him inside once again. After asking Kagome's mother, it was decided that both Souta and his mother would teach Inuyasha about dancing and music. Kagome's mom thought it was sweet that Inuyasha wanted to learn how to dance.

"Inuyasha, we'll teach you after school, if you can get rid of Kagome."

That reminded Inuyasha of something. "I can't on Fridays, I have that fencing club."

"Oh yeah. Well, Monday through Thursday we'll teach you." Inuyasha nodded and headed up the stairs to keep an eye on the recovering Kagome.

In Inuyasha's world, something lurked in the forest near the well. It had seen the girl and the hanyou jump into the well. It had sensed the shards. Perhaps it could add to its collection? Patience, it thought. It would wait until the right time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And the reviewer of the week is……

*Drum roll*

Snow Bunny! Thanks for all the great reviews!!! *Glomps*

Hi everyone, I don't have any funny stories or anything to say for this chapter. Too bad, I know you'll all be crying. Anyway, I have to go! The superbowl is coming up today and I have preparations to make! Cheers to superbowls! (Not that I'm a football fan or anything.)

~Isuki-chan

Hououza- Heheh he's only trying to restrain himself because he knows he'll get a concussion.^_~