InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Lessons and Languages ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 25: Lessons And Languages

Inuyasha finally realized why Kagome had to come back to her world all the time. Things became very busy here very fast! Inuyasha now had to worry about dancing lessons, school, fencing club, homework, and watching out for Kagome. Well, the last one was really the only important one, but he still got the point.

The hanyou was trying his best at dancing, but he didn't understand why people would want to do anything so unproductive. Was it because guys were just trying to get close to girls? Well, he could kind of understand that, but it still didn't make sense.

At his last lesson, he had stepped on Kagome's mom's foot at least ten times and the lesson before that was at least twenty times! Her mother had said, "At least you're improving." He hoped he was ready when the dance came.

Kagome was becoming very suspicious of the hanyou. Each day after school Inuyasha told her to go somewhere with her friends. He "had business to take care of". She knew he wasn't going back to his world since she was holding onto the charms. Besides, he had said that they weren't going back for a while since he didn't want a repeat of what happened last time they went back.

Her friends were glad that she had time for them once again. They had practically taken here across the whole city in the past week! The only time they didn't hang out was after school on Fridays when Inuyasha's dueling club took place. She felt such pride when she saw him beat each opponent he went against.

Today was a Teusday, and Inuyasha was in a particularly bad mood. The day before, Souta tried to explain to him about music, but Inuyasha just couldn't understand the point. How could noise win a battle?

Kagome and Inuyasha were only separated during gym, free periods, and when Kagome had English.

This particular morning, Inuyasha felt something different, and he didn't like it. When the pair reached the school, the principal pulled him aside at the front gate. Kagome waited by his side.

"Inuyasha, I'm terribly sorry, but it seems I made a mistake in your schedule. You see, we forgot to put you into a foreign language this year." The man looked ashamed of himself. Inuyasha had no idea what he was talking about.

"Um, that's alright." Inuyasha was about to leave when the principal stopped him.

"What language were you taking at your old school? Have you learned English yet, it's mandatory that you learn at least the basics of English.

Inuyasha looked to Kagome for help. She was whispering something under her breath so that only his acute hearing could pick it up.

"Say you have learned English," Kagome mumbled.

"I have learned English at my, er, previous school." What did this all mean? He would have to pull Kagome aside for a talk after this.

"Well then, you still must take a language. Which one were you last learning?"

Kagome thought before mouthing it to him. What was the easiest language to learn? Inuyasha was looking at her helplessly. Without thinking, she murmured, "French."

"French. I was learning French."

"Very well, then I will put you in a French class. You are probably in a beginner class, correct?" Kagome nodded.

Mimicking Kagome, the hanyou nodded quickly.

"Very well. Your 4th period study hall will be replaced with French. Report to room D7. Good luck!" The man jogged to the entrance just before the bell rang.

"Kagome! What was that about?" Inuyasha was obviously confused in the swarm of bustling students around them.

Well, Kagome, you're in for it this time. Or at least he is. She quickly tried to explain about languages to Inuyasha. His only response was "Keh." She shrugged it off, wished him luck, and proceeded to walk past him.

Now something else was piled onto his already massive schedule! What was he going to do?

At lessons that evening, Inuyasha concentrated as hard as he could. Souta was teaching, since Mrs. Higurashi was busy. Souta was playing a slow kind of music.

"Try to understand Inuyasha, music is supposed to make you feel something. Do you feel anything?"

"I don't. Why should I?"

Souta sighed. Inuyasha could only apply skills to fighting. What was he going to do?

Inuyasha thought of Kagome. Did she like music? For a second, he just let his thoughts slide, and let the music play. He was only half listening. He was concentrating on Kagome and wondering what she was doing. He cared for her more than anything. If only he could express it to her without having to tell her.

"Inuyasha, music can help express your feelings without putting them in words." This early lesson came back to the hanyou. That was it! Now, he thought, I understand music.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow this story is on page 8 I think for most visited! Thanks everyone!

Umm not sure who asked, but my I'm on the east coast so it's EST for me. Does anyone know about mediaminer having a notification list for updates? That would be handy.^_^

~Isuki-chan