InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Watching the Clock ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 27: Watching The Clock

The creature had tired of waiting. It had faithfully waited by the well for day, and had decided that it would go in search of its prey. The one called Kagome had the shards. The one called Kagome would die.

~*~

Inuyasha felt as if the day couldn't be any longer. The dance started at 7 and went until 9:30. It had taken Inuyasha a little to figure out how "watches" worked, but after he figured it out, he purchased one at a nearby shop. Now, he couldn't stop glancing at it. Why did it take so long for the time to change? Was it broken? He sighed; he would just have to wait.

Kagome had been experiencing the same kind of feeling as Inuyasha. All day she had been planning what she would wear. Hopefully Inuyasha knew about a tuxedo.

Whenever one caught the other's eye, they would blush uncontrollably. Noticing this, her friends assumed that their earlier guess was correct. Inuyasha and Kagome were going to the dance together. All day, they wouldn't leave her alone about it. She finally had to run away whenever she saw them in the halls. The girls couldn't of been more clueless.

On one such occasion, Kagome turned a corner and bumped into something. Turning to apologize, she saw that it was Inuyasha!

"Well well, if it isn't Kagome Higurashi. What are you doing running around corners? Don't you know that you shouldn't run in the halls?" Somewhere along the line, Inuyasha had learned the school rules. She wondered how he had learned them.

"Inuyasha, please. My friends are coming and I REALLY don't want them to catch me. Can't we discuss this later?" She attempted to scoot around him, but he blocked her.

"Your friends? What kind of friends do you have that you run away from them? You'd better stick with someone like me who's trustworthy," Inuyasha smirked. When he caught her distressed look, he pulled her into an empty classroom where she took up a post at the door.

In the dark, Kagome watched for her friends, thinking. What had Inuyasha meant by that? Why was he staying with her in this room? She received her answer when she turned to look at him.

Inuyasha's face gave away his thoughts. She could read a look of pure affection on his face. He stared at her for another second before turning away, embarrassed.

What had he been thinking, staring at her like that? Baka, he told himself. He had to watch himself lately.

When the chasing girls went past, Inuyasha and Kagome proceeded into the abandoned corridor. Kagome was distressed.

"Now what am I going to do? I'm late for English!"

Inuyasha just smiled. He was late for French. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing. "Why don't we just skip it this once?" At her upset face he rephrased the question.

"Would you like to stay here, instead of being embarrassed in front of the class?"

Kagome thought hard. It would be better to receive punishment alone then in front of a class. She hoped her friends didn't find out that she was skipping class for Inuyasha!

"Fine, but let's not stay here." Kagome led Inuyasha down the corridor and up the stairs at the end. Inuyasha blindly followed. He had never been up these stairs before. He caught a glimpse of a sign reading "roof". Oh, good idea Kagome.

When they reached the roof, Kagome sat down on the old foundation. Absentmindedly, she began to shiver. Inuyasha hugged her waist so that they were pressed together, staring up into the sky. Kagome's head rested on Inuyasha's shoulder. They sat like that, in silence, for the period.

For the rest of the day, Inuyasha didn't need to check his watch so much. He knew that the dance would come.

~*~

When the final bell rang, Inuyasha was considering skipping Fencing Club. Something inside was telling him to go though, so he went.

When the club began, Inuyasha was paired up with Hojo AGAIN. It seemed that Hojo was the only one who could come near his level of skill. He could still dispatch Hojo as easily as when he first did. Apparently, there would be a fencing competition with another school in a week.

Hojo HAD to beat Inuyasha this time. He was aware that Inuyasha and Kagome were together, and if he beat Inuyasha, he would be able to go out with Kagome! He had to work hard!

~*~

Fencing ended, and the two went home. Kagome didn't stay at the house for very long though. She went out with her mom to shop for a dress, and Inuyasha stayed home to make sure his new tuxedo fit properly. All was going well, thought Inuyasha.

The tux was a perfect fit. Experimentally, Inuyasha tried dancing in it. It was a little more confining then the school outfit, but it wouldn't throw him off. As long as Hojo stayed out of things, tonight would be wonderful.

Kagome came home later with the new dress. She refused to show it to Inuyasha yet, since she wanted him to see it on her. She climbed the stairs, hastily tried on the dress, and then descended towards a waiting Inuyasha.

Inuyasha was staring absently at the floor, waiting for Kagome to come back down again so they could go. A movement caught his eye at the top of the stairs, and he looked up. When he caught sight of his Kagome, his jaw dropped and he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I had to go, and that was the closest I'd get to an ending point for a while. The next part's good though, so I'll try to get it out soon. Wish me luck!

And a huge thanks to Venom Injection! If it were not for you I would not have remembered to get this chapter up. We're getting close to the end so I'll do my best to stick with it and get these chapters posted! Just a little reminder that the reviews really do help, and in this case they saved me from not updating again. -_-

~Isuki-chan