InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ On Their Way ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 28: On Their Way

Standing at the top of the stairs, leaning against the banister, was Kagome. She was celestially clad in an elegant midnight blue garment. The thin sleeves resembled flower petals that fell nearly down to Kagome's forearms. The dress' collar was low enough to tempt a staring Inuyasha. The girl's hair was twisted into an angelic bun. On her feet, Kagome wore silk blue dress shoes and around Kagome's neck was a thin chain of silver with small gem shards hanging together underneath her chin. Looking closer, Inuyasha realized that the fine necklace was made out of the Shikon shards!

The flowing dress trailed slightly on the ground as she descended the stairs, toward a handsome hanyou. To tell the truth, Kagome was as startled as Inuyasha. The hanyou looked so noble and majestic in his becoming tuxedo. His jet-black hair still hung loosely behind him, as he held out an arm for her to take. She smiled radiantly and gripped the extended arm. Wait a minute, black hair?

"Inuyasha, your hair."

Inuyasha gazed at his locks and swore under his breath. He hadn't realized that it was the first of a new month.

"Inuyasha, it's alright. You are still you, even if you are a human tonight."

Inuyasha searched her face. If she didn't mind his appearance, should he? Sighing, he decided that tonight, his hanyou abilities shouldn't matter.

The youkai leaped through the old well. He was not surprised to find himself in a completely new world. He had watched the hanyou and the human do it, so why couldn't he?

All the new smells and sounds overcame the youkai for a few minutes. Finally, sensing the shards that he had come for, he began a frenzied pace towards his prey.

Inuyasha couldn't stop himself from gazing at Kagome longingly. Recognizing his stares, Kagome blushed. Feeling he should make the moment less uncomfortable, Inuyasha cleared his throat.

"Kagome, you look…….beautiful."

If possible, this made Kagome blush more. Inuyasha strengthened his hold on her gentle arm. At his caring touch, Kagome gazed into his now blue eyes with comfort. They matched now. His eyes were the deep blue of her dress.

"Arigato Inuyasha. You look great too."

Inuyasha smiled and turned his attention back to the road in front of them. Maybe he would wear a tuxedo more often, since he would be in Kagome's world for a while. Suddenly, Inuyasha sensed something.

"Can you feel something coming Kagome?"

"Hai. There are two shards coming straight towards us. What should we do?"

Inuyasha puzzled this over. He had to make sure they got to the dance in time. Should he fight this thing? If he didn't, there would still be trouble. Most likely, the youkai had come for them. Making up his mind, he turned so that his back was to Kagome.

"Stay behind me Kagome. Don't let your dress get dirty."

"Inuyasha?" Inuyasha turned to the startled girl. "Please, try to stay clean, and be careful."

He nodded, and waited for the youkai to reach them. His wait was not long. A dust cloud appeared on the horizon, and continued until it had barreled down the abandoned street. Stopping in front of Inuyasha, he turned blood red eyes to the pair.

To Kagome, this monster resembled a cheetah. Its bared fangs reached past its chin, and black spots covered its flank.

"Inuyasha, be careful! I can sense a shard on its fang, and one on its tail!"

"Keh." Inuyasha instinctively reached for Tetsusaiga, but realized that he had left it behind, not wanting it to get in the way. Instead, he clenched his human nails and waited for the monster to make the first move.

"Give me the shards or die humans!" The creature's deep baritone voice addressed Kagome.

"I'm your opponent, bastard! Stay away from her!" Enraged, Inuyasha leapt at the cheetah's eyes, attempting to blind him.

Kagome knew that Inuyasha didn't have as good a chance without Tetsusaiga. More importantly, he had none of his previous powers. She had to do something. Glancing around, she only saw twigs and useless garbage. What could she do with that?

Inuyasha quickly realized that he was fighting a losing battle. Stubbornly, he continued to wrestle with the larger, more powerful youkai. He felt as if the monster were toying with him. It fell halfheartedly onto Inuyasha, attempting to crush him under his great weight. Inuyasha cried out, unused to the weak human body that was giving way.

Seeing Inuyasha's predicament, Kagome began frightened. There was no way he could destroy a beast that had two Shikon shards in his human form! Watching Inuyasha wretch in pain, she was pushed over the edge. She wouldn't allow a youkai to take Inuyasha from her. Tonight was supposed to be special, and now it had been ruined!

Inuyasha was losing consciousness fast. He gave one final struggle under the youkai's side. His last thought was that he had ruined his tuxedo. Kagome would be mad. Darkness closed in, and he gave up on the struggle.

Kagome began to glow with power. She stalked over to the youkai, a shudder running through her body. What was this power she was feeling? Blinding lights exploded from her figure, enveloping the night sky. She too had to struggle to stay awake. She glanced at Inuyasha and saw that he was breathing, and that the youkai had vanished. Had she killed the youkai? Weary and afraid, she collapsed on Inuyasha.

When Inuyasha woke, he noticed warmth pinning him to the ground. A painful headache had woken him. He saw that he was alive, and even better, Kagome was with him! Checking her frail body for injury, he only noted exhaustion.

The sky was still a raven black, so he assumed that he hadn't been unconscious too long. He lifted her onto his shoulder and carried her over to an abandoned building. There, he lay her against the brick frame and waited for her to wake up. Any questions he had about their impossible escape would wait for her recovery.

He observed that her dress was still as elegant and dazzling as before. How had she remained clean? Examining his own clothes, he realized that he was nearly as unsullied! They were the luckiest couple to escape not only without a wound, but to escape without ripping their garments! Maybe they would be able to make it to the dance once Kagome woke up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, I quickly realized that I really enjoy writing this fic. I might not be able to take my planned vacation from writing, although I'm sure you all won't mind.^-^ I'm sorry that it's taking so long for Kagome and Inuyasha to get to the dance, but I assure you, they WILL get there. I tried to make this chapter more describing and longer than the others. Did you notice any difference? Cheers!

~Isuki-chan