InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Balcony ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 29: Balcony

Inuyasha carefully laid Kagome down on the hard ground, and went to where the youkai had been. He knelt and traced patterns in the dirt, searching for the Shikon shard. He finally found it, picked it up, and carried it back to Kagome. When he reached her, however, he saw that she was awake.

"Kagome, are you alright?" He knelt by her side in anticipation. Wordlessly, he handed her the shard, and she strung it on her necklace with the others.

"Hai, I'm fine. I was just tired that's all." He was about to ask her about the strange light that had surrounded her, and the power he had felt, when she bolted upright.

"Inuyasha!!!" He searched the area, what was wrong now? Another youkai? "Inuyasha, the dance! What time is it?"

"Baka! I thought something was WRONG! Don't scare me like that!" Seeing the scared look on his face, Kagome calmed down.

"Inuyasha, please, lets go to the dance. Is there still time?"

The now human boy glanced at his wrist and replied, "It's about 8:30. We still have time!" Surprising himself, he swept Kagome onto his back, and whisked down the road as quickly as his human feet could take him.

When they arrived, Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's hand and they cascaded into the school. When they reached the dance, Inuyasha gasped. The room was midnight black, except for the many colored lights that flashed from the ceiling. Music blared from the far corner, and decorations were covering the walls. Strewn around the dance floor were groups, just as dressed up as Inuyasha and Kagome, dancing to the music. Inuyasha was glad that he didn't have his hanyou ears, or he'd probably break an eardrum.

Kagome headed towards the punch table, where her friends were stationed. They seemed to be plotting something, and she wanted to know what was going on. Inuyasha dumbly followed.

"Hey Kagome, have you shown Inuyasha the balcony yet?" The speaking girl winked at the two.

"What's the balcony?" Inuyasha was oblivious to the plotting girls around him.

A slow song came on, and Kagome pulled Inuyasha to the dance floor, trying to make him forget about the balcony. Maybe she'd show him later, if she was in the mood.

Inuyasha grinned; this was what he had practiced for. He slid his arms around Kagome. She did the same, placing her arms around his waist. Her head found his shoulder, and they both gave in to the music.

Kagome was in Heaven. Inuyasha's shoulder felt so…….good. His hair pressed against her head and she could smell pine on him. She nuzzled closer to him and gave a sigh, which sounded almost like a purr.

Was she purring? Inuyasha chuckled to himself. She was like a sweet kitten, all pressed against his neck. When the song ended, Inuyasha asked her the question that had been bothering him.

"Kagome, what is the balcony? Can you show me?" Unwillingly, Kagome took her head off his neck and faced his blue gaze. She was willing to show him now.

Taking his hand once again, she led him out of the room and up and down a few flights of stairs. Inuyasha felt like he was going through a maze. At the top of the next staircase, Kagome paused in front of a large door. It was the only thing at the top of these stairs, so he assumed it was their destination. He took a step forward and pulled the knob to open the wooden boundary.

A cold draft blew into their faces as Inuyasha took in the wondrous scene around him. They were on a small balcony, with just enough room for two people to stand comfortably. In front of them, Inuyasha could see lights and houses for miles. Directly beneath them, there was a small flower garden with a stone bench. They were at least four stories up! A flurry of snow danced across the sky as they silently stood there.

Kagome watched his face, pleased with the look of awe. She stepped closer to him, shivering slightly from the chill.

"Inuyasha, this is one of the most beautiful sights in the city. What do you think?"

Inuyasha focused only on her eyes and answered, his voice dripping with affection, "Kagome, I've seen one thing that's more beautiful."

Kagome would have died from happiness on the spot, but tradition stopped her. She had to tell him the story of the balcony.

Seeing that she had his attention, she continued. "Once, a few years ago, a boy and a girl from different backgrounds swore an oath. Both hated each other with a passion, and swore that they would do everything in each other's power to make each other miserable. When the girl was having a particularly bad night at a dance, she went to the flower garden, and began to cry on the bench. The boy had found the balcony at the same time, and saw the weeping girl. Planning another of his horrible tricks, he was about to run down to her, but something stopped him. They say that the gods saw the two, and changed their hearts. The boy went to the girl, and instead of hurting her more, he comforted her and they fell in love. Now, they say that anyone who visits this balcony will be comforted by the one that usually hurts them."

Seeing that Kagome had finished, Inuyasha smirked. "Kagome, do you believe the story?"

"I don't know. I've never seen it work for anyone before, but I guess it could work."

He leaned in closer. "It's true, my kitten." His lips met hers and they both were hurled into a warm passionate kiss. Drowning in pleasure, Kagome kissed him back. Kitten? So, was that what he would now be calling her?

Minutes past and they refused to break their embrace. Why can't he always be with me like this, Kagome wondered. Things would be so much simpler……..Unconsciously, she shivered.

Inuyasha noted the shiver and broke their embrace. `Kagome, we have to go back, or you will get sick from the cold."

Kagome pleaded with him, "Please Inuyasha, it feels so good up here with you. Can't we stay just a little longer?"

"Sit then."

Confused by his request, Kagome replied, "No, why do you want me to sit?"

Inuyasha sat down and she followed his example. "Didn't you notice anything just then Kagome?"

She thought, "Oh my god! The sit command didn't work!"

"Hai, I was thinking this might be. You see, since I'm human, it doesn't work on me."

Kagome's thoughts raced. What would he do now that she didn't have any control on him? She depended on that control! She had never tried to sit him when he was human before…….

"Relax Kagome. You're cold." He wrapped his arms around her and they snuggled together in the numbing cold.

"I'm not cold." She was a little upset that he had found out how to neutralize the spell. She shivered harder and goose bumps appeared.

"That's one argument that you can't win. Anyway, the only reason that I wanted to find out about the spell was, now you won't be able to stop me from doing this." He kissed her once again, putting all his love into the kiss.

I would want to stop him from this? She responded to his kiss with her own love, and they both gave kiss after kiss. Neither one of them could come up with any reason to stop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Taadaa! The long awaited chapter has finally come! As requested, I put more Inuyasha/Kagome in, although I was planning on doing this anyway. Thanks for all he great reviews from everyone! I was surprised how many people still reviewed this story after I went so long without updating!

~Isuki-chan

P.S. Sorry for all the sappiness. I hope you don't mind! I kind of made the balcony thing up on a whim.