InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ A Little Water Never Hurt Anyone ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 30: A Little Water Never Hurt Anyone

The snow outside the window was falling in great clumps. Now that winter had decided to start, it looked as if it wouldn't stop! All along the busy streets near Kagome's house were people bundled up in their warmest clothing, heading to work and other places. Some could scarcely be seen under the dense layers.

~*~

An alarm clock went off, followed by a swatting hand and a groan. Kagome tossed over in her bed and covered her face with a pillow, closely resembling the people outside her window. She had definitely stayed out to late at that dance; it didn't feel anything like eight o' clock.

A sleepy hanyou entered the room, his acute ears picking up the noise. Boy was he glad that he had his youkai hearing back! His hair was tussled from sleeping on it strangely.

After a few seconds, he noticed that Kagome had no intention of ever getting up. "Kagome, get up!" He wasn't about to let her sleep in on a Saturday. Today was the day that they could escape school!

A low voice came from beneath the heavy covers. "I don't want to, and you can't make me."

Inuyasha only chuckled. Before he had gone to sleep the previous night, he had decided that some things had to change. One, Kagome's sit command gave her too much power. How was he supposed to be the dominant in the pair if she could stop him from doing anything? He would no longer allow her to do everything her way. She was becoming spoiled, and he didn't want his Kagome like that.

"Kagome, this is your final warning. Get up or I'll make you get up."

At this, Kagome sat up. Her half open eyes glared at the hanyou with suspicion. "What makes you think that YOU can stop ME? Didn't you forget something?" She gestured towards his necklace with one hand.

Grinning, he crossed his arms and waited for what he knew was coming. In fact, he was hoping for it.

"OSUWARI!!!" As Inuyasha was about to drop, he grabbed Kagome around the waist. Both went barreling into the floor, tangled around each other. The outstretched figure of Inuyasha had pinned Kagome to the ground.

"Baka, get off me! OSUWARI OSUWARI OSUWARI!!!!!" Kagome grinded her teeth together as each new command brought the two closer and closer together (if that's possible).

A whisper in her ear stopped her from pummeling the male in the back.

"Kagome, don't you get it? The more you say that, the longer we both stay down here. Besides, you're already up, why do you still care?"

When the spell wore off, Inuyasha raised himself a little off the ground. "Kitten, you can't always have your way."

Kagome was becoming very upset. The baka! Why did he have to be on top of her? Suppose someone came in?

Right on queue, the door burst open. Souta held onto the doorknob and called into the room. "Kagome, time to get up!" Realizing that she wasn't anywhere to be seen, he backed out. At the last second he looked down and gasped.

"I……Inuyasha? Kagome, what is he doing on top of you? It's only eight o' clock in the morning, isn't it a little early?"

Kagome turned a bright red and tried to disappear into the floor. Unfortunately, it seemed that Inuyasha was quit content to lie on top of her all day. She decided to politely ask him to get off. "Inuyasha, please GET OFF OF ME!!!"

Inuyasha's ears twitched back at the sudden noise, but he got off of Kagome. Brushing herself off, Kagome faced the frozen Souta.

"Souta, what do you mean it's early?! What is in that dirty little mind of yours?" Kagome reached to grab her brother, but anticipating her move, Souta had already bolted downstairs. "Souta, you're lucky that I'm too tired to chase you, or you'd be in REAL trouble!"

Inuyasha tipped his head towards the ceiling and started sniggering. His attempts to stop his outburst, however, were in vain.

"BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

A few minutes later, laughter subsided, Inuyasha left the room still chuckling. "Kagome…I'll….haha!……let you get dressed now." He shoved aside the door and went downstairs. The house echoed with the uproar.

After a few minutes, Inuyasha noticed that Kagome STILL wasn't up. What was wrong now? Examining the house, he thought of another plan to get her out of bed.

~*~

Kagome was so tired, she didn't think she could get dressed. Since when did Inuyasha act so controlling? Maybe just a few more minutes of sleep wouldn't hurt. Hitting the bed, she fell asleep instantly.

In her dreams, Kagome was paddling a small boat along a river. Inuyasha looked as if he were floating on the water in front of her, leading her way. Suddenly, a wind hit her full in the face, knocking the boat over. Water surrounded her.

Bolting awake, Kagome screamed. That was cold! Freezing water was hitting her square on the chest. Blocking her face, she managed to look for a brief instant at the attacker. Inuyasha had found a hose!

Inuyasha put a finger over the nozzle of his new weapon for a second. "Kagome, I don't know what this strange tool is, but it seems to like me! Are you ready to get up now?"

Kagome could practically see the smirk on his face and in his eyes. Well that was fine, two could play at that game.

"OSUWARI!"

Apparently, Inuyasha had been prepared for this, also. He hit the ground, but he had positioned himself so that he could twist the hose a little, following her until she was out of the room. The hanyou used his ears and nose to track where Kagome went. Unleashing his weapon, he felt Kagome tense up from his blind position.

"Aaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kagome had to stop this!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, sorry I took so long on this chapter. I've been sick, plus I've had writers block. Don't ask how I got an idea for this chapter……..Anyway, review review review! Arigato! Nasty nasty strep throat…….

About 7 more chapters!

~Isuki-chan