InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Jealousy? ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 32: Jealousy?

When both Kagome and Inuyasha were dressed and cleaned up, they left the house. Kagome took the lead since Inuyasha didn't know where the video arcade was.

A few minutes later, Kagome halted in front of a small brick building only about a quarter of a mile from the house. Inuyasha crossed his arms and dismissed the unimpressive building. "Are you sure this is it Kagome?"

"Keh!" Kagome quickly covered her mouth with a hand. Inuyasha just grinned and grabbed her other hand, pulling her into the "arcade".

The building looked to be abandoned. No one was inside, except for an old friendly looking shopkeeper. He motioned them to come over.

"Can I help you young kids? Or are you here for the arcade?" Inuyasha looked behind the desk and saw that he was apparently selling black, small boxes. This time was definitely strange!

"Uh, we're just here to hang out." Kagome led Inuyasha back towards the front of the store. The place was very dim and musty. Kagome had said that it was a popular place to "hang out" though, so it was probably just too early for others to come.

As if Kagome could hear what Inuyasha was thinking, she stated, "See, I told you it's too early! Did you really have to get me out of bed? Usually people like to sleep on Saturdays!"

"Baka, if I had let you sleep, this place would be packed with other people!" Not understanding what Inuyasha was getting at, Kagome attempted to explain to him how the arcade games worked. She pointed to a game that was in the corner on their left and dropped a coin in.

"This one over here is a pinball machine. You pull this lever towards you and a ball is released. Then you have to use these flippers to……" While she was talking, Inuyasha had pulled the lever and set the ball in motion. She watched as he expertly kept the ball towards the top of the display. She could only watch in awe as his points skyrocketed before her eyes. At last, the ball dropped between the flippers.

"But how did you know……?"

"It was a simple machine. What is the point in this device?" Inuyasha raised an eyebrow at a befuddled Kagome.

"It's for fun. Friends try to beat each other's scores. There really isn't any point besides that."

Inuyasha leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Alright Kitten, you try to beat mine then. I'd be surprised if you got anywhere close."

Blushing from the challenge, Kagome shoved him over and stood in front of the game. Inserting another coin, she pulled the lever and began.

The hanyou watched cautiously for a few seconds, and then he stood behind her. While she was occupied, he slipped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder where he could observe her actions. Surprised, Kagome let the ball drop, but she didn't move.

The elderly shopkeeper got an idea. Those too youths looked like they cared about each other. Smiling to himself, he flipped a few switches that resided behind his desk.

The speakers overhead turned on and began to play a slow song. Taking the hint, Inuyasha turned Kagome around, but kept his arms wrapped around her waist. Kagome looped her arms around Inuyasha and rested her head against his neck and shoulder. Together, they swayed to the music.

This dancing stuff is really great, Inuyasha thought to himself. Maybe he could bring it to his time when he figured out a way to go back. A little corner of his mind argued that he wouldn't need to go back. But in response, he remembered the Shikon No Tama, and his promise to Kikyo. He had to go back, if only to finish things with her.

Suddenly a little bell rang, interrupting Inuyasha's thoughts. Looking towards the noise, he saw that someone was coming in. Reluctant to break apart, he gave Kagome a squeeze.

Kagome clung closer to the hanyou, but turned just enough so that she could see who was walking in on them. When she saw who it was, she hastily broke away from Inuyasha's hold. It was Hojo! Not only that, but Hojo had brought a girl! Her cheeks flushed and she looked down at the ancient rug.

Observing her actions, Inuyasha snarled. Was that jealousy that he smelled on her? Didn't they already go through this?! Kagome was his, and he had made that clear to Hojo. Maybe he should make this clear to Kagome.

Hojo turned away from his girl and saw Kagome standing across the room looking embarrassed. When he noticed Inuyasha he turned away.

Did Hojo just ignore her? Kagome knew that she didn't like Hojo that way, but it still hurt that he'd gotten over her so easily. Well what had she been expecting him to do, wait around for her? Yes, a small part of her mind told her. She decided to say hello to him.

"Hey Hojo! What are you doing here?" Kagome glanced at the girl, but she didn't recognize her.

"Uh, hey Kagome. I was just coming to hang out. I think I'll go now." Hojo was obviously uncomfortable with Inuyasha being only a few feet away.

Before Hojo could exit, Inuyasha swept Kagome onto his shoulder and dashed out the door. Pounding her fists on the hanyou back, she yowled, "I'll say it if you don't let me down Inuyasha!"

"Not while you're on my shoulder you won't!" Inuyasha chuckled at her annoyance. Yes, things were definitely going to change around here.

Kagome halted her threats at this statement. Since when was Inuyasha so cocky and controlling? He probably thought that he was clever, coming up with all these ways to stop her from saying the subduing command. Too bad she didn't make the word "grovel" or something like that when she first met him.

Inuyasha jumped up to the highest bough of a nearby tree. When he was safely on the branch, he set Kagome down on his lap. Just great, Kagome thought. Now I can't say the word here either! What's worse, I can't get down without his help! Staring down at the street below, she gulped and tried not to think about it. Turning to Inuyasha, she scowled.

"What's all this about you baka! You know how much I dislike heights!"

"Hai, but I needed to talk to you somewhere safe." By safe, he must mean somewhere that I can't subdue him, Kagome thought. "What was going on back there? Was that jealousy that I smelt on you in that arcade?"

Sighing, Kagome became very interested in the bark on the branch. "I wasn't jealous. I don't even like Hojo!"

"Then you'd better explain this to me wench, before I beat the shit out of that Hojo!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, I'm really sorry that I took so long on this chapter. Things have been really busy, and I've been trying to work on my other fic. Please don't hate me! Wow, thanks for all the reviews everyone! *huggles* You guys/girls are the best. I'm amazed at how many people told me I was a great writer. It's one of my dreams and I honestly didn't think I was that good at it.

As for the lemon I was considering: I really don't want to attempt at that kind of thing with this story. Not only that but many people have expressed opinions of not wanting to see one of those. Anyway adding one might mess up the atmosphere for this, which is very light.

Hope you're enjoying it! The ending is coming up fairy soon though.

Cheers!

Isuki-chan