InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Remember Me In The Stars ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 33: Remember Me In The Stars

"I……Inuyasha?" Kagome trembled at his fury.

"Kagome answer me! What was that with Hojo?" The tree shook with each word spat out of the hanyou's mouth.

"I……It's nothing. Really I don't care about him." Seeing that Inuyasha wasn't convinced, Kagome sighed. Leaning in, she gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "I don't care about him like that, ok? I was only unused to seeing him with a girl."

"Keh." Embarrassed, Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome's waist and jumped down. As soon as his feet padded lightly on the firm ground, Kagome breathed a sigh of relief.

~*~*~*~*~

"HENTAI!!!!!!!" The scream shook the hut as a very angry Sango chased Miroku outside. She brought Haraikotsu down on his head as soon as she caught up with him.

Shippo sighed. Things were very boring without Inuyasha and Kagome. The daily battles fought between Sango and Miroku were becoming a monotonous routine. If only there was some way to go and get them!

~*~*~*~*~

After spending the day around town with Inuyasha, Kagome was content to just lie outside underneath the canopy of stars. Inuyasha had gone inside to wash up; Kagome had already done so.

After a few minutes of stargazing, a figure approached her and lay down beside her. Inuyasha laid his head on his outstretched arms and silently duplicated Kagome's gaze.

As soon as Kagome began to wonder if Inuyasha was going to ask her more about Hojo, he spoke.

"Kagome, what do you see in the stars?"

So this wasn't about Hojo. Kagome pondered the deep question before answering.

"I see a beautiful light that will live for all of our future generations. I see something unreachable, but never unreal. I think of stars as a promise that one day we will become greater than we are right now, and we will find a way to grab the stars and hang onto them forever." Kagome surprised herself with her elaborate answer.

Inuyasha silently pondered. What had made him ask this question? What did he care about something that was so far away? Maybe it was enough that she seemed to care about them. But if she had asked the question, what would he have said?

As if reading his mind, Kagome questioned, "What is it that you see when you look at stars?"

The hanyou thought back to his childhood and what he had always been told about stars. His mother had taught him……

**FLASHBACK**

A giggling four-year-old version of Inuyasha chased after his mother. She had raced into the woods ahead of him with only the tail of her red kimono visible. By the time Inuyasha had entered the forest, he had lost his mother completely. Suddenly feeling afraid and alone, he turned around a tried to find his way back, only to realize that forest surrounded him on all sides.

"Inuyasha!" His mother jumped up from behind him and mercilessly tickled him until he dropped to his knees.

"Mother, why are we here?" the tiny hanyou asked.

"We aren't there yet silly. Come on, follow me!" The lady grabbed his tiny-clawed hand and led him away deeper into the forest.

The pair reached a small clearing and the lady motioned for Inuyasha to lie down on the cool dew-swept grass. She gathered his head onto her chest and pointed upwards to the night sky.

"Do you see those lights Inu child? They are the stars."

Curious as to what this had to do with anything, Inuyasha listened to her heartbeat reverberate as she spoke.

"Do you hear my heart beating Inu child? I can hear yours as clearly as a bird's morning song. The heartbeat shows that inside, we are all different but the same. To the gods who reside among those stars, we are so similar that it seems ridiculous that some of us are given more fame than others. When we die, our souls will meet with the gods and they will see us for who we are."

Inuyasha nodded. He had heard this many times before from his mother. Still eagerly listening, he waited for a new part of the story to come.

"If the gods see us as worthy, we are placed among the stars and our faces are engraved in the sky. Throughout your life Inu my love, always do what the gods would see as righteous."

"Hai, mother. I will." One day he would become the strongest, most powerful youkai. He wanted to join his mother in the stars one day.

**END FLASHBACK**

"Inuyasha, did you hear me? I said what do you see in the stars?"

Remembering where he was, Inuyasha bolted up. Kagome had felt so much like his mother that he had to remind himself that she was dead.

"I see my mother Kagome. All I see is my mother."

~*~*~*~*~

We're coming closer to the end with each chapter! I'm really unhappy with how I ended it though, so I'm considering rewriting it and making it longer. There are several ways I could do this.

I set a website as my homepage, although it really isn't MY homepage. It's a forum that I post on every day, and it's a really great group of people. If anyone here would want to drop in I'd love it.^_^ I've known the people there for almost two years and we could really use some new blood. =P

Cheers!

~Isuki-chan